The American Bullador is a hybrid between an American Bulldog and a Labrador Retriever. Both of these are popular and much-loved dogs in the United States. The dog is dutiful and very watchful. This healthy breed is a combination of the best traits of both its parents.
They are calm and loyal dogs. They are also even-tempered and very intelligent. They make excellent companions and watchdogs. As puppies, they tend to be very energetic and playful. You should train them as early as you can as they are prone to creating mischief.
American Bullador History
The Bulldog parent of this hybrid may be the English Bulldog or American Bulldog. This hybrid breed has been around since the 1900s and was bred to eliminate the diseases that both dogs suffer from. At present, there are no set appearance standards for this breed.
The Dog Registry of America and the American Canine Hybrid Club recognize this dog at present. They are recognized as a working-class hybrid. Throughout history, their behavior has depended largely on the dominant parent.
American Bullador Characteristics
These dogs resemble their Labrador Retriever and American Bulldog parents. They have a dense coat that has a glossy finish. Their hair is short as well. It also has a waterproof coat similar to its Labrador Retriever parent. It has almond-shaped eyes set in a square head.
How Big to American Bullador Get
This breed can grow up to a height of 25 inches on average. It has a weight of about 100 pounds. The average height and weight of this breed are a little less than this. With ample exercise and good eating habits, you can prevent your dog from getting overweight.
How Long Does American Bullador Live
The lifespan of an American Bullador is about 11 to 15 years.
How Much Does an American Bullador Cost
The American Bullador puppy will cost anywhere between $600 to $800. However, this will be different depending on the breeder you have chosen. If you want, you can go ahead and adopt your American Bullador from a shelter.
American Bullador Temperament/Personality
The American Bullador is a dog that is even-tempered and loyal as well. They have a calm demeanor and are very intelligent. They are known to be great watchdogs but also make loving companions. They are also very active and love being handed over various tasks.
They are interesting creatures with a few contradictions in their behavior. For instance, they enjoy spending time outdoors but not for an extended period. It is also important not to leave these dogs alone in your yard for a long time.
These dogs are excellent with families as well. If you socialize them early, they tend to be excellent with children as well. They may be slightly aggressive, just like their American Bulldog parent. If you have small children, supervise this breed around them.
If your kids are friendly towards your dog, the American Bullador will reciprocate. This breed loves quality time with the family and also the busy tasks that everyday life brings. They are a great option if your family is very active and loves to spend time outdoors.
The American Bullador interacts very well with other dogs in new spaces like a dog park. However, they are not very friendly in their own homes. It is because of their alert watchdog nature.
Before you bring a new animal like a dog or cat into your home, you should introduce them to your American Bullador first. With good socialization, their Labrador side is turned on.
Caring for American Bullador
By getting an American Bullador, you settle for a full-time job where you have to exercise your dog and feed it just right. This will give you a healthy pup and a well-developed dog.
American Bullador Nutrition
These dogs are active pooches that have a good appetite. You can go ahead and feed them about 3 to 4 cups of food each day. You can spread the same quantity out into smaller meals if you like. Make sure to speak to your vet about the right food for your specific pup.
How to Groom an American Bullador
These dogs have short fur that does not shed too much. You can brush them once a week and use a bristle brush for the same. This will help get rid of any excessive fur. However, make sure to brush them each day during the shedding season to prevent hair all over your home.
American Bullador Activity Levels
You will have to ensure a lot of exercise for this dog. You have to ensure that they have an outlet for all their excess energy, and exercise enables this. Without this, they get bored easily and can display destructive behavior. Take them for regular walks and jogs.
Caring for American Bullador
Training and socialization are crucial for an American Bullador. Whether training is easy or difficult depends on which of the parents the American Bullador has taken after. Bulldogs are a more stubborn breed than Labrador Retriever tends to be.
You can use positive reinforcement to get this dog through the training process. Stay patient and don’t give up. It is a good idea to reward them during each training session. You should also keep these short and sweet.
American Bullador Health
The health of an American Bullador is determined by its ancestors. Depending on the dominant breed, they may be susceptible to a few diseases. They are prone to weight gain and ear infections as well.
They may even develop major conditions like hip issues and elbow dysplasia. Because they are a hybrid, they are not especially prone to any health issues. With the right care, they live long lives as a healthy breed.
Breeds Similar to American Bullador
Best Dog Food For American Bulladors
The Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is appropriate for American Bulladors. Along with meat and whole grains, it also contains fresh fruits and vegetables, which forms a nutritious meal for their development. The protein contents make the meal delicious to suit their taste buds and support muscles’ healthy growth.
- It helps in the formation of stronger bones and the oral cavity due to the presence of calcium.
- Regular consumption ensures stronger joints, which helps in movement.
- It does not contain wheat or corn and thus is light on the stomach.
Best Puppy Food For American Bulladors
For the healthy growth of young American Bulladors, the Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food is apt. Along with delicious chicken and barley, it also contains fish oil, which helps develop mental strength and vision. It is easily digestible by their delicate stomach, and the energy released helps them in their daily activities.
- All the contents in it are of natural ingredients and thus is safe for their consumption.
- It also helps in promoting a stronger immunity since a tender age.
- There is no inclusion of additives, artificial colors, and preservatives.
Best Dog Crates For American Bulladors
Frisco Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate assures both comfort and safety of your American Bulladors. Enabled with dual latches on the door, this crate is promises protection. The adjustable handles present make it portable.
- The single door allows hassle-free movement in and out of the crate.
- Provided with a divider panel, it offers adequate space to facilitate body growth.
- It comes with a base pan made of durable plastic that can be cleaned with ease.
Best Dog Bed For American Bulladors
The Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Shag Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed is perfect for American Bulladors. Its round shape helps them feel protected, and the raised edges prevent them from falling while asleep. The multiple layers in the bed support their back and spine and ensure a peaceful sleep to rejuvenate them.
- The upper layer is faux fur, which is water-resistant and adds extra comfort and warmth.
- Sufficient filling helps promotes snuggling while sleeping and prevents loneliness.
- It is easily washable and also dries faster, thus ensures hygiene maintenance.
Best Dog Harness For American Bulladors
Minimizing the forward pull of leash during outdoor strolls is easier with the Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness. Although it fits securely, there are adjustable straps to ensure comfort with growing muscles and age. There is mesh padding in the chest to prevent severe damage if met with an accident, thus provides maximum safety.
- It does not interfere with natural mobility and activities.
- The padding near the legs prevents discomfort or itching and helps in a customized fit.
- It is easy to wear and remove without causing any choking if worn for long hours.
Best Dog Collar For American Bulladors
The simple, yet appearance enhancing Blueberry Pet Classic Solid Nylon Dog Collar is suitable for American Bulladors. Apart from convenience in wearing, its high-quality material is comfortable on their skin and prevents rashes even if worn daily. A D-ring enables attaching of a leash and is also easy to wash after a fun-filled day.
- The nylon material ensures its strength, durability, and longevity.
- For extra protection and secured lock, there is a plastic buckle.
- It matches their personality and has adjustable straps for a perfect fit.
Best Dog Muzzle For American Bulladors
While American Bulladors are experiencing unnatural behavior, the Baskerville Ultra Dog Muzzle is safe to use. It perfectly fits the face, and a small opening at the front helps in natural breathing and eating. There are adjustable belts that ensure a perfect fit and prevent the risk of choking while growing.
- The material is delicate on the skin and is light in weight, making it easily wearable.
- The thermoplastic rubber can bend conveniently when heated lightly in warm water.
- There is padding near the straps of the head and neck to ensure it doesn’t cause discomfort.
Best Dog Toys For American Bulladors
While leaving American Bulladors for a sweet playtime, the KONG Holiday Cozie Reindeer Dog Toy can serve as a companion for engagement. The material is soft and sturdy enough and ideal for a fetch game while involving them for long hours. Their attractive color and shape encourage playtime, which does not let them feel lonely and also promotes snuggling while sleeping.
- There is an extra layer of durable material that ensures its strength.
- There is minimal stuffing in it, and it does not create a mess in the surroundings.
- A squeaker inside promotes hearing ability and also adds extra fun.
Best Dog Brush For American Bulladors
The dense coat of American Bulladors requires regular brushing, and the Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Dog Brush is perfect for the same. With two different bristles in the brush, you can continue the grooming session for a longer duration while ensuring comfort. None of the strands hurt their delicate skin but removes dead and loose hair from the depth.
- It helps in smoothing the coat without causing discomfort to the skin.
- It promotes the release of natural body hair, which adds shine to their coat.
- The pin bristles are of stainless steel, which has rounded tips that are gentle on their skin.
Best Dog Shampoo For American Bulladors
The Burt’s Bees Tearless Puppy Shampoo with Buttermilk for Dogs are ideal for American Bulladors and helps them remain fresh longer. It contains organic ingredients that are safe on their skin and also does not cause irritation or itching. It is a neutral composition that soothes their skin after application and promotes thorough cleansing.
- It includes honey, which works as organic moisture retainer and promotes hair growth.
- It does not interfere with other ongoing skin treatments.
- It neither contains any preservatives or coloring agents and also does not irritate the eyes.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book