This playful and active dog is a hybrid that has been developed from the American Bulldog and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. It originated only recently and made its debut in time with other designer dogs on the market.
It looks similar to its parent breeds and has a sweet temperament. It looks study and maintains a stance that oozes power. These dogs are known to be protective guard dogs as well. They are also loving companions who are obedient and loving.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier History
Two breeds had to be crossed to give birth to the American Bully Staffy Terrier. This breed was first established in the US. However, the exact year of establishment is unknown. The information about this breed is limited so far.
However, many people believe that this breed was created in order to make a stronger breed than either of its parents. It was also created to be a more loving companion to families. Just like the Terriers, they love to roam freely and display protective traits as well.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Characteristics
This new breed borrows its physical characteristics from both its parents. It has a rounded head, and its jaw looks strong and sturdy. Depending on the dominant parent, the eye shape of your dog will be different. They may be round in shape or have almond-shaped eyes.
How Big to American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Get
The size of this breed can vary from medium to large, depending on the parents. They weigh between 35 to 55 pounds, and male dogs tend to be heavier. They will grow to a height between 12 to 19 inches.
How Long Does American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Live
The American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier may have a lifespan of 12 to 14 years, similar to its parents.
How Much Does an American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Cost
While the exact cost of this breed is not known, breeders may value it depending on the cost of its parents. The Staffordshire Bull terrier may cost between $1500 to $2000 on average. The American Bulldog, on the other hand, will cost between $1200 to $1500.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Temperament/Personality
The American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier dog is an intelligent and sweet breed. They are great companions and are very playful as well. They love attention from the family that they have been adopted into. They are also courageous, loyal, affectionate, and very social as well.
You will have to socialize them early on so that this side of their nature shines through as they grow. They can be goofy animals and love to have fun and entertain. Many families vouch for their humorous behavior. They get along very well with kids in the family.
However, they take some time to get along with other animals and dogs as well. They are smart, but you will have to show some patience in getting them to socialize with other animals. As far as ease of training is concerned, it depends on the dominant parent.
If your dog takes after the American Bulldog, it may be slightly harder to train them. On the other hand, if they take after the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, they are much easier to train. Make sure to use positive reinforcement when you train your dog.
The traits of each American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier may be different from another. This is because they may have inherited a different mix of traits from their parents. The breed generally has very high energy levels and needs to be stimulated.
Caring for American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier
By caring for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier, you will have a healthy dog, eager to play and give you companionship. Feed them right and groom them to keep them happy.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Nutrition
Based on their parentage, you can feed your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier about 1 to 2 cups of food each day. This also depends on how active your dog tends to be. Make sure that there is a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals in the food.
How to Groom an American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier
The American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier sheds only moderately due to its Staffordshire Bull Terrier genes. You can use a rubber curry brush to comb out your dog every day. This helps reduce dead hair. You can also trim the nails of your dog once every 2 to 3 weeks.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Activity Levels
This breed tends to have high energy levels. You should give your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier an exercise session of between 40 to 60 minutes each day. You can go ahead and take your dog on walks, fitness activities, and even some fun playtime.
Caring for American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier
The breed loves to play and requires enough stimulation and excitement to keep it happy. Both physical and mental stimulation is necessary. This is mainly because of the active Staffordshire Bull Terrier genes. It thrives in both rural and urban areas very well.
Hence, you don’t have to worry about caring for it in crowded cities. You will just have to ensure that it gets enough space to roam around. Make sure that your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier does not exercise in extreme heat conditions.
American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier Health
As they are a mixed breed, they tend to be quite healthy. However, you should constantly look out for any signs of hip dysplasia. Make sure to get timely physical examinations, x-rays, and veterinary checks done. This will help you detect any issue early.
Breeds Similar to American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier
Best Dog Food For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Treat the taste buds of your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier with Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food. The food is easy to digest and nutritious at the same time. Since it is good for the skin and bones as well, it a great choice for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier.
- The presence of Omega 6 fatty acid keeps the coat lustrous and healthy.
- The prebiotic fiber content and the presence of live probiotics immune the body against indigestion.
- The recipe is rich in protein and nutrients, with salmon as the key ingredient.
Best Puppy Food For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Blue Buffalo Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-free Dry Dog Food is best puppy food for American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers. It is free from preservatives and poultry by-products. The food includes LifeSource Bits to enhance body immunity.
- It is packed with real chicken. This meal nourishes muscle growth.
- The presence of fatty acids ARA and DHA ensures eye and brain health.
- The absence of wheat, soy, cornmeal makes the product non-allergenic.
Best Dog Bed For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Frisco Personalized Rectangular Bolster Dog Bed with Removable Cover is a comfy choice for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier. It provides space to include the name to the limit of 10 characters. This makes the bed look personalized.
- Made of faux linen, the bed is cozy and looks stylish with its two-tone design.
- Loft fiber stuffed cushion and bolster provides soft sensation and comfortable support.
- The removable cover comes with a YKK zipper and allows machine wash for an ever-clean bed every day.
Best Dog Crate For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
The best dog crate for American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers is Frisco Fold & Carry Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 42 inch. It has a facility of easy locking and opening of doors, and allows free movement as well. The overall sturdy structure makes it a better choice for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier.
- Durable plastic pan at the base is easy to clean.
- Easy assembling of the crate without tools.
- Comes with a divider panel for adjusting the space inside.
Best Dog Harness For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Free your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier from leashes with this PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness. Easily distinguishable shoulder and belly strap facility are available with this harness. It is available in a variety of colors, so you have a wide range to pick.
- 4 adjustment points for accurate fit on the body.
- The chest strap keeps the throat relieved from pressure.
- Quick-snap buckles on the straps allow putting it on and off with ease.
Best Dog Collar For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Adorn the strong neck of your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier with GoTags Personalized Reflective Waterproof Dog Collar. It ensures safe movement in dark areas for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier. The collar also provides space for laser- engraving of name and phone number.
- Easy to rinse and dry, which allows regular cleaning and prevents the accumulation of dirt.
- Adjustable up to 4 holes so that it does not fall off the neck or tightly hold onto it.
- Webbing of the collar is coated with BioThane that assures durability.
Best Dog Muzzle For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
PetSafe Dog Muzzle allows easy breathing for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier. It supports stress-free trips without affecting the passersby. Also prevents biting or licking of hazardous stuff on the road.
- Soft padding for a smooth feel on the skin that makes it a comfortable wear.
- Opening at the mouth ensures breathing without any obstruction.
- Adjustable snout and neck provide an accurate fit.
Best Dog Toy For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Pamper your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier with Frisco Plush Squeaking Cow Dog Toy. A series of endless actions such as cuddling, tossing can be indulged with this toy. This particular toy is available in multiple sizes for you to choose from.
- The presence of a built-in speaker adds to the excitement of playing with it.
- Made of ultra-soft fabric, it is appropriate for cuddling.
- The nylon lining gives a smooth feel to grab hold of it during naps.
Best Dog Brush For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Dog Brush is the ultimate choice for your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier. Its ergonomic handle allows easy holding, and you enjoy a wonderful brushing activity. Each of the bristles is enabled with safety tips to avoid accidental hurting during the combing session, thereby making it pleasurable.
- The nylon bristles appearing on one side of the brush facilitate the redistribution of natural oils in the skin to enhance its luster and make it softer.
- Easy removal of excess fur and tangles with the help of steel bristles present on the other side of the brush.
- The specialized brushing effect results in less shedding of fur, while the safety tips worn by the bristles have a soothing effect on the coat without scratching or hurting it.
Best Dog Shampoo For American Bully Staffy Bull Terriers
Treat your American Bully Staffy Bull Terrier to a refreshing vegan bath with Paws and Pals Oatmeal, Shea Butter & Aloe-vera Shampoo, 20-oz bottle. This non-toxic product being free from soap, protects the delicate pair of eyes from tears. A perfect solution to get the fur rid of dander, dryness, or fleas.
- Filled with enriching ingredients like jojoba, aloe vera, and coconut oil, it smoothens the fur.
- The essential oils provide relief from itchiness caused due to drying of the skin.
- Natural extract of rosemary and Shea butter offer a moisturizing effect to the coat.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book