Excellency meets new levels with the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie, an ancient cross dog. The breed is said to have been formed after crossing French scent hounds with English foxhounds. This revered breed has hunting as their prime characteristic. They are also known for their show dog value in England, America, and Italy.
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is a lovable pet who is perfect to live with children. They have long-standing sharp intelligence but also tend to be stubborn, which makes training them a fun challenge.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie History
The true documentation behind the breeding history of the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie has been lost for centuries. Much like other scent hounds, they tend to go back to the 16th Century. This breed’s history is so rich that it can even be liked to the St. Hubert’s Hounds project between 750 and 900 AD.
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie has shared genetics with Poitevin, Petite blue de Gascogne, beagle, and Petite Gascon-Saintongeois. The breed was not formed for primary hunting but for the Chasse-a-Tir. The breed won recognition from the French Kennel Club and other clubs as a pet and not a show dog.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Characteristics
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie tends to be a medium-sized dog who is athletically-built. Even though they are recognized as pet dogs, you must remember that they do not do well living alone due to their pack lineage. They are often found with several colorations such as black, white, orange, fawn, and red.
How Big do Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Get
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is referred to as the smallest Anglo-French Hounds. There is not much difference between the male and the female Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie. Both tend to get 16-22 inches tall and weigh 35-44 lbs. However, the females tend to have smaller faces and lesser average weight.
How Long do Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Live
The typical life expectancy of an Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is about 12 to 15 years. This lifespan can be increased with proper care and health management.
How Much does an Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Cost
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is a very well demanded exotic dog breed. Adopting and maintaining one might become an expensive affair as a puppy can cost anything between $700-$1500. The better the breeder and the higher the breed standard suitability of the puppy, the higher the cost.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Temperament/ Personality
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie tend to be extremely energetic, social, affectionate, and loyal. They are one of the most intelligent French-Anglo hounds and can learn new commands with only 15-20 repetitions. They are also extremely playful and might nip you now and then to alert you to play. They also enjoy barking with excitement.
Working with the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie on an emotional level is not a problem either. They are moderately emotional dogs who do not get separation anxiety but also do not stay aloof. They love cuddling and can also work as therapy dogs. Their strong emotional intelligence allows them to be sensitive to their owner’s emotions and requirements.
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie are extremely social. You will sense a slight excitement in their bark when they meet new people and dogs. However, they are not fond of cats or other house pets. They are perfect to live with seniors and children. However, it is best not to make them live in an apartment.
Due to their high energy levels, the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie tend to have a slight wanderlust. They might also want to chase small prey from time to time. However, if you live in a house with a backyard, you will not have to worry about them jumping off the fences.
Caring for Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is a low-maintenance dog. They don’t require intensive grooming. However, they do require frequent visits to the vet for ear, eye, and bone check-ups.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Nutrition
Since the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is a medium to large-sized breed, they require a healthy and balanced diet. It is best to give them personalized dog food formula rich in healthy fat and proteins. Since the breed has high energy levels, it is best to give them an active breed food formula.
How to Groom an Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie
The best thing about the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is that they have less odorous and dust-resistant coats. However, they can be heavy shedders, depending on their diet and health. It is best to brush their coats once a week and bathe them only once a month.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Activity Levels
Your Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie will require rigorous daily vigorous exercise to lead a happy life. They love to participate in hunting if possible. You can take your Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie for hiking trips as well. Taking them for walks twice a day is the best outlet for their pent-up energy.
Caring for Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie
The Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie is prone to getting ear infections. If left uncared for, the warmth underneath their long ears is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria and infections. Keeping their ears dry is crucial. You can upkeep their oral health by giving them chew toys or treats every day and brushing their teeth every alternate day.
Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie Health
There isn’t much to know about the Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie health other than the fact that they are chronic ear infection magnets. Other than that, they might develop elbow or hip dysplasia in old age. Other than that, they tend to be very healthy dogs as long as they are well cared for.
Breeds Similar to Anglo-Francais de Petite Venerie
- Grand Anglo-Français Tricolore
- Grand Bleu de Gascogne
- Griffon Nivernais
- Griffon Fauve de Bretagne
- Gascon Saintongeois
Best Dog Food For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
For ensuring complete nourishment of Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries, the Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food is apt. Along with protein enrichment from buffaloes and bison, it also includes natural fruits and vegetables that ensure enough energy throughout the day. Minerals and amino acids help in easy absorption and form a balanced meal.
- Protein contents help in the formation of stronger but toned muscles.
- Natural ingredients are safe for consumption and easy to digest.
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids support the growth of a healthy and shiny coat.
Best Puppy Food For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
For puppies of Anglo-Francais De Petite Venerie, the Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food is appropriate. The delicious chicken meal also contains barley, which forms a balanced and nutritional meal and ensures overall development. Regular consumption helps in brain growth as well as the development of vision, and stronger bones.
- It contains fish oil, which fulfills the protein requirement in the diet.
- All ingredients are simple, natural, and easy to digest by the delicate stomach.
- Vitamins and antioxidants promote the development of stronger immunity while growing.
Best Dog Crate For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
To minimize aggression in Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries, the MidWest iCrate Fold & Carry Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate is ideal. It has secured door locks, which prevent them from escaping and ensures protection when left without supervision. Both assembling and dismantling are easy and do not require any extra tools or specialized skills.
- It is strong and durable, which ensures maximum safety while staying alone.
- Its lightweight makes it easy to carry and relocate while on a trip.
- There is a divider panel that supports their growth and thus suitable for all ages.
Best Dog Bed For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
The FurHaven Ultra Plush Luxe Lounger Orthopedic Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover is relevant for Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries’ relaxation. Its specialized ergonomics supports the body and aligns the neck with the back and spine, thus minimizes body ache. With a provision of removable cover, washing and maintaining hygiene is manageable.
- It helps in contouring the body while ensuring a peaceful sleep.
- Slightly raised-edges on two sides serve as a headrest while relaxing.
- A small step makes it much easier to climb up and down the bed for all ages.
Best Dog Harness For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
Traveling in a car is easier with Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Steel Nesting Buckles Enhanced Strength. Its strong and secured structural design ensures protection from accidents, especially with the chest area’s padding. There are multiple adjustable areas, which helps in providing a perfect fit for Anglo-Francais de Petite Veneries.
- It is suitable with any type of belt system irrespective of the vehicle type.
- Its comfortable fit is suitable for regular use and does not cause any rash or itching.
- It includes a carabiner for securing the hold while on outdoor strolls.
Best Dog Collar For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
Controlling Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries’ movement, the Frisco Solid Nylon Slip-On Martingale Dog Collar is the best choice. Its comfortable and customizable fit will suit them of all ages as there are adjustable straps. Wearing and removing it is effortless, and the D-ring helps to attach a leash while you plan to go out for outdoor activities.
- Double loops support and add extra controlling power, useful during training sessions.
- The nylon material is gentle on the skin and does not cause any irritation.
- It enhances the overall appearance with the presence of nickel coating rings.
Best Dog Muzzle For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
The Four Paws Walk-About Quick-Fit Dog Muzzle helps Anglo-Francais De Petite Venerie to calm down during unnatural and destructive behavior. The collar is easy to wear and is comfortable on the face without causing any choking hazard. An opening near the nose promotes natural breathing but prevents harming others from biting or barking.
- It allows regular drinking and panting but prevents chewing and damaging.
- There are adjustable straps and belts for a comfortable and perfect fit.
- It is useful during training sessions and is difficult to remove by themselves.
Best Dog Toys For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
When left alone, the KONG Cozie Marvin the Moose Plush Dog Toy prevents aggression from loneliness and boredom. It is ideal for indulging Anglo-Francais De Petite Venerie in outdoor activities and keeping them in good shape. They are soft but thick, and multiple layers make them sturdy and long-lasting.
- It does not contain huge stuffing; thus, there are fewer chances of creating a mess.
- They are perfect for snuggling and help them calm down while showing anxiety.
- There are squeakers inside, which adds extra fun and excitement during playtime.
Best Dog Brush For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
The Paws & Pals Best In Show Dog & Cat Deshedding Tool is perfect for regular grooming sessions of Anglo-Francais de Petite Veneries. The blades are of stainless steel and thus do not undergo corrosion but penetrate deep inside the fur to remove loose hair. However, they do not cause cuts or abrasions, neither irritates the skin and ensures enough comfort while brushing.
- It perfectly removes dead hair from the fur and prevents the accumulation of dirt.
- Regular brushing minimizes shedding and removes mats, and promotes healthy skin.
- It helps in extracting natural oils from the body and distributing it evenly.
Best Dog Shampoo For Anglo-Francais De Petite Veneries
After a long and tiring day, the Buddy Wash Relaxing Green Tea & Bergamot Dog Shampoo & Conditioner ensures deep cleansing. Along with removing dirt and dust from the body, it also conditions the skin leaving behind a soft and smooth coat. All the ingredients are natural and thus are gentle on their skin and do not cause irritation.
- The proper application promotes healthy and fresh-smelling skin for a long time.
- It includes plant extracts like rosemary, which produces natural fragrances.
- It does not contain alcohol and thus minimizes itching and redness.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book