Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hound
Veehoo Folding Soft Dog Crate
Your Afghan Hound will be rather independent and, though he will love his family, he will also enjoy his alone time. Therefore, you are going to want a dog crate that suits his specific needs for independence. The Veehoo Folding Soft Dog Crate allows your Afghan to sleep comfortably with soft padding and a heavy-weight mesh screen.
- This crate has 3 doors on different sides for easy access.
- With high-quality fabric, this crate suits both indoor and outdoor use.
- The collapsible interior is made from solid steel and contains a washable fleece pad for comfort.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Afghan Hound
Furhaven Pet Dog Bed
Growing up to 27 inches in height as adults, the Afghan Hound is a fairly large dog. Therefore, he is going to need a fairly large bed. But not just any dog bed will suit this elegant breed. The Furhaven Pet Dog Bed is designed with pet luxury in mind.
- The cradle mattress is covered with a faux fur removable cover for easy washing in the washing machine.
- The large size and lack of bed walls leaves room for sprawling out on a lazy day.
- The orthopedic foam base is easy on the joints for dogs with arthritis, which many larger dogs can be prone to developing.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Afghan Hound
Terrain D.O.G. Brahma Webb Hunting Dog Leash
Bred as a natural hunter, the Afghan Hound has instincts to run and chase after small prey. It’s important to get your Afghan a leash that will hold him securely when you don’t want him to be darting after small animals. The Terrain D.O.G. Brahma Webb Hunting Dog Leash is made for dogs that hunt, but it is also great for regular walks around the block.
- The durable brahma web material makes this leash truly secure.
- The special material is easy to clean and protects against moisture, rotting, odors, and abrasions.
- It features a handle snap and floating ring for easy tree and post tying.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Afghan Hound
SPOT High-rise Single Elevated Dog Bowl
When your Afghan Hound is chowing down at dinner time or drinking water after a hot run in the sun, the last thing you want is for his beautiful coat to get dirty and wet from dangling into his food bowls. Because of the Afghan’s elegant coat, it is especially important for this breed to have an elevated dog bowl that does not require bending over to feed and drink water. The SPOT High-rise Single Elevated Dog Bowl for medium and large dogs sits 15 inches off the ground for maximum feeding height.
- This high-quality bowl is made of stainless steel and has a sleek, modern design.
- The dish can be easily removed from the black wire stand for separate use or cleaning.
- The tall height of this feeding bowl is at the optimum level for digestion and can help prevent many digestive issues that larger dogs can be prone to developing.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hound
Chris Christensen Oval Pin Brush
It should come as no surprise that the Afghan Hound is a breed with special and extensive grooming needs. To properly care for his coat, you will need to first bathe and blow dry your pet, apply a high-quality grooming spray, and then carefully comb his coat with a large oval pin brush. The Chris Christensen Oval Pin Brush is the perfect tool for grooming this silky coat.
- The pins are made of high-quality, durable stainless steel.
- The ground and polished tips of these pins are the smoothest available- a must-have for your Afghan.
- At 8.5 inches in length, this brush is large enough to get the job done without being too big for your hand.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hound
UOLIWO Dog Treat Dispensing Toy
As a natural hunter, your Afghan Hound is going to be naturally curious and will want to investigate the different objects in his world. The UOLIWO Dog Treat Dispensing Toy looks like a plain plush duck, but inside there are various compartments to hide treats. Your hunting pet will love digging out his little morsels from this “prey.”
- This high-quality plush is safe, soft, and durable for playing, even for rough dogs.
- Chewing on this puzzle toy will reduce your pet’s anxiety and help keep his teeth clean.
- Each duck toy includes 4 squeakers for added entertainment.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Outward Hound Interactive Puzzle Toy
When it comes to interactive toys, your Afghan Hound deserves only the best so that he can stay sharp and keen. The Outward Hound Interactive Puzzle Toy is a plush hide-and-seek activity for your dog that looks just like the squirrels he likes to chase in the yard. After you hide the squirrels in the plush tree trunk, your dog can spend hours entertaining himself by sniffing them out and “hunting” them.
- Each squirrel has a hidden squeaker that adds to the excitement.
- This interactive boredom buster is great to prevent your dog from destructive behavior.
- This toy also comes in different forms, such as the hedgehog in a log version or the bee in a beehive version.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
CNMGBB No Stuffing Dog Toys with Squeakers
This 5-pack of CNMGBB No Stuffing Dog Toys with Squeakers look just like the prey your Afghan loves to hunt. These high-quality plush animals are floppy because they are stuffing-free, making them more life-like (and less of a mess). These squeakers toys are also designed to make crinkle-noises for even more entertainment.
- This 5-pack includes a squirrel, racoon, fox, penguin, and skunk.
- At 24 inches long, these crinkle squeaker toys are well-suited for an Afghan-sized dog.
- These toys are great for tossing, shaking, and retrieving.
Best Dog Bones for Afghan Hound
Buck Bone Organics Elk Antlers for Dogs
Your Afghan will appreciate a good bone to chew on, especially because his ancestors hunted and caught their own bones to chew. The Buck Bone Organics Elk Antlers for Dogs are all-natural bones that are as authentic as dog chewing bones can be. At 4-6 inches in length per antler, these are hand-crafted by nature from premium Wild Elk antlers.
- These antlers are freshly picked after the Wild Elk shed their antlers each year.
- These chews contain nothing other than 100% antler.
- These antlers are odorless and leave no mess, even when chewed on the carpet.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Afghan Hound
“Think Like an Afghan”
“Think Like an Afghan” teaches you exactly how to train your Afghan Hound. You will learn to think like your Afghan and truly understand him, which makes this training book successful. Within an hour you will be able to start training your Afghan with easy-to-follow commands and instructions.
- This training book also includes a special section about how Afghan owners need to train themselves before they start training their pet.
- You will also learn how to puppy proof your home, how to prepare yourself for puppy training, and how to be the Alpha in your training relationship.
- You will learn the key to training any pet- that success is based on your attitude during training, and not on the commands you give.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Best Dog Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Puppy Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Bed for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Collar for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Harness for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Afghan Hounds
- Best Training Book for Afghan Hounds
- Ibizan Hound
- Irish Wolfhound
- English Foxhound