Best Airline Approved Dog Carriers
Here are our airline approved dog carrier reviews.
PetPeppy makes traveling by air relaxing and stress free. Pull your pet through the airport and then retract the handle to place your pet comfortably below the seat. The mesh lining provides breathability and visibility to keep pets calm and happy.
- Pet Peppy carrier features fully retractable premium material handle and 360 degree rotating and removable wheels.
- A thick wire frame at the top for extra stability that eliminates sagging corners or bunched up edges.
- Pet Peppy’s carrier measures 18 inches long X 13 inches wide X 10 inches high.
The Akinerri helps you travel with ease and your pet in comfort. The stable top does not collapse and the surround is made of durable Oxford fabric. The mesh windows and side opening makes it easy to place pets inside or out.
- Akinerri features carrying handles and an adjustable shoulder strap.
- A cozy fleece pad fills the bottom and mesh windows add ventilation.
- Two easy to unzip entrances provide easy access.
This Henkelion carrier provides two connecting loop handles for balanced carrying as a dual seat belt or luggage strap to secure transport. Henkelion is also machine washable, providing a fresh place for your pet. The handles can also be secured into a seat or the entire case could be placed below the seat.
- Henekelion dog carrier is made of durable, lightweight and waterproof polyester fabric.
- The cozy fleece pet bed can be completely removed and machine-washed.
- All four sides feature mesh access.
The Sherpa Delta Deluxe is ideal for the pet on the go. It features top and side entry, a side pocket for storage, roll-down privacy flaps and mesh panels for ventilation. Locking zippers help keep your pet extra secure and safe during your travels.
- The mesh windows for ventilation and also feature roll down flaps for privacy.
- A convenient side pocket provides storage of treats, leash and bags.
- The top and side zippers lock for safety.
Petmate Sky Kennel is built to last. The kennel’s tough plastic shell and interlocking door ensure long-lasting durability. Petmate has been building exceptional pet products for over 50 years.
- This Petmate Sky Kennel includes two “Live Animal” stickers, clip-on food and water bowls and pet ID stickers.
- This hard material kennel keeps your pet safe from outside elements.
- PEtmate features a four-way vault door, wire vents and 360 degree ventilation for fresh air and visibility.
The IRIS is an airline approved dog carrier that is well ventilated and includes an attachable food and water tray. The portable crate also features a door padlock to ensure your pet’s safety. Despite the durable plastic shell, the IRIS can be broken down for easy storage.
- The one-handed latch operation makes this IRIS easy to open and close.
- Travel cage has ample ventilation and includes 1 removable food and water tray
- The dimensions measure 34.25 inches long x 24.41 inches wide x 26.0 inches high.
Petmate premium plastic kennels minimize sharp edges and provide a safe, inviting place for your pet during travel. These attractive air kennels come in four different pearlized styles. And the grated steel doors and vented sides provide breathability and visibility.
- The air travel kennel for dogs has a durable, ergonomic comfort-grip handle.
- This small dog kennel has a top entry door so you can access your cat or dog.
- Petmate’s plastic kennels are fully compliant with air and highway travel requirements.
Your pet can travel in style by air, train or wheel with the AmazonBasics pet crate. The carrier provides two connecting loop handles for balanced carrying and for functioning as a dual seatbelt and luggage strap.The soft-sided carrier features a spring wire frame that can be conformed to the under-seat dimensions of most major domestic airlines.
- AmazonBAsics pet carrier conforms to under-seat dimensions of most airlines.
- The fleece bed can be machine washed and the exterior can be spot cleaned.
- Large soft-sided carrier measures approximately 19.7×10.2×11.2 inches.
Paws & Pals is a heavy-duty carrier bag that is design for airplane, road trips, the veterinarian and even running errands! The wide ventilated mesh screen windows and roof provide increased airflow and maximum breathability. And a plastic security buckle on zippers to lock entryways and exit points !
- Paws & Pals features durable and easy to clean materials and is machine washable, water-resistant and leak resistant.
- This bag includes a velcro handle with a removable cushion padded shoulder strap.
- Paws & PAls also includes two secure entryways and a zippered mesh window.
PETS GO2 helps your pet travel in style and offers you peace of mind. The carrier features a seat belt security strap that also functions as a luggage strap. The luxuriously soft bedding keeps your pet warm, calm and comfy throughout your trip.
- PETS GO2 features four breathable mesh windows that may also be unzipped to allow your pet to exit.
- The washable bedding inside has the thickest Sherpa cushioning available in a travel carrier.
- This carrier is made with heavy-duty polyester that can withstand the toughest use while traveling.
Airline Approved Dog Carrier Buying Guide
As airline travel constantly advances, so too do the ways we travel–including our pets! There are a number of factors you want to consider when selecting the perfect air carrier for you and your pet. Of foremost importance, the size of your dog is the most important factor. Other considerations like the way in which you want to carry the dog, the type of strap and the type of material might also factor into your choice.
Certain airlines may have restrictions on the type and size of animal that can fly in the cabin, so it’s important to check what the size and weight restrictions. Most airlines insist that unless the animal is a therapy dog, the weight restriction on dogs in the cabin is 20 pounds. Once you determine if there are any restrictions, it’s important to note what type of material you will need to transport your dog.
Hard Shell or Mesh Shell
If you have a larger dog who will be flying in the luggage area, a more durable kennel would be far more reliable than a mesh carrier. If you are planning on carrying your smaller dog into the airplane cabin, a mesh bag may make more sense to carry your pet throughout the airport and to store your pet beneath the seat.
Push or Carry
How you want to carry your dog will also depend on the perfect carrier for you. If your pet is lightweight, there are many mesh carriers with adjustable and cushioned straps that will help you carry your pet hands free. If your dog is slightly larger, but can still fit in the cabin, a carrier with a retractable handle might be a more ideal choice.
Going Home or Heading Out of Town
If you are going home, a mesh carrier may be enough for your travels. However, if you and your pet are going on an extended trip, you may want to consider a carrier that can double as a pet bed or mini kennel. In this case, you may want a more durable, hard shell container. It simply depends on the type of travels you are your pet are undertaking!
Airline travel CAN be stress free if you’re traveling with your pet. Simple select your ideal pet carrier and enjoy the friendly skies!