Read on to find out the 10 best Akita essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Akita
The ITORI Heavy Duty Metal Dog Cage is a maximum security crate that will keep your Akita in his place while you are gone. This crate includes lockable wheels for easy transport. The double doors and lock design provide easy access and high security.
- Made of reinforced steel with welded bars, this crate provides maximum security and visibility both indoors and outdoors.
- The multi-layer hammer-tone coating helps prevent rust, corrosion, and abrasions.
- This crate is easy to take down and fold up for travel adventures.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Akita
Made for breeds that may be prone to chewing on furniture, K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed is durable and chew-resistant both indoors and outdoors. Though tough, durable, and waterproof, this bed is still a cozy resting area for your beloved pet that is easy to get in and out of.
- Akitas are strong and persistent, but even the most persistent of pets cannot destroy this bed with their excessive chewing.
- To be sure, this bed is backed with a 180-Day Chew-Proof Warranty.
- This dog bed is also designed to fit inside most standard-sized dog crates.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Akita
The ECO-CLEAN Dog Leash for Large Dogs is 6 feet long and has 2 handles for extra control. This is the optimum length and security for your Akita, who is strong in both mind and in body. At 2mm thick and 1 inch wide, this dog leash is thicker and stronger than standard dog leashes.
- The reflective stitching helps keep both you and your dog safe at night.
- Both handles have neoprene padding for your comfort.
- This leash is ideal for large, strong dog breeds like the Akita.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Akita
Akitas can actually be rather finicky, despite their courageous and bold demeanor. Your Akita will want a dog bowl that caters to his needs, both for large amounts of food and water, and for cleanliness. The Pet Zone Designer Diner is ideal for a large dog who needs an elevated feeding platform.
- These bowls are stainless steel and adjust to three different heights.
- The elevated eating dishes prevent neck strain and gastrointestinal problems after eating.
- When not in use, the legs of the stand can easily be removed for easy storage.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Akita
To properly groom your Akita, you will need to use a stainless-steel comb with wide-set teeth. This will keep him looking his best. The Paws Pamper Professional Anti-Corrosion Grooming Comb will be ideal for your Akita because of the tapered, stainless-steel round pins.
- This aluminum comb has rounded pins to prevent scratching and irritation.
- Ultra-strong and sturdy, this comb- made from eco-friendly aluminum- is built to last.
- The ergonomic design allows the comb to fit comfortably in your hand.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Akita
The Akita is an extremely strong breed, both in personality and in body. Many of the generic dog toys sold in stores will not hold up to the strength of an Akita. The AMZPetz Dog Toy Set for Large Dogs is made specifically for large dogs who are aggressive chewers.
- This dog toy set comes with seven different nearly indestructible rope toys.
- These rope toys will stand the test of time, even from puppy stage to old age.
- These durable cotton rope toys help with puppy teething and dental cleaning in the later years.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
The PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat will cater to your Akita’s natural instincts of hunting and foraging for food. This toy allows your dog to put his brain and his nose to work seeking out the delicious treats you’ve hidden in the mat. This will be a challenge for your dog that encourages his natural foraging skills.
- The feeding mat is easy to fill with your pet’s favorite treats.
- It is machine washable for easy care.
- Practicing these skills mimics the real hunt for food in nature.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
It’s difficult to find a soft, cuddly plush toy that won’t be completely destroyed by a determined Akita in half a second. The goDog Just for Me Gator is a plush toy with a chew guard for aggressive chewers. Best of all, there are no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard to your dog.
- Though soft, this plush toy is super tough to stand up to rough playtime fun.
- The double-stitched seams last longer than regular plush toys.
- The gator contains a squeaker for added entertainment.
Best Dog Bones for Akita
Because of their hunting past, Akita’s can be aggressive chewers. They are also extremely strong, so combining this chewing instinct with strength is bound to make a mess. It’s important to give your pet something that he is allowed to chew on, such as the EETOYS Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers.
- This bone is nearly indestructible and comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- The material is durable, safe, and non-toxic for your furry friend.
- Chewing this bone can help prevent dental issues and is great for teething puppies
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Akitas
Akitas: A Complete Owner’s Pet Manual is a comprehensive guide to all things Akita. This manual advises soon-to-be Akita owners and current Akita owners about the specific care and training required for an Akita. Because this breed it so powerful, yet very stubborn, it is extremely important to start training them young, even as young as 7 weeks old.
- This book explores the history, temperament, and anatomy of an Akita.
- It includes expert advice on choosing and training your dog, feeding, grooming, exercise, and more.
- You will learn to understand your Akita’s “voice” and his body language and use this knowledge to be the best Akita owner you can be.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Shiba Inu
- Kai Ken
- Tosa Inu
- Siberian Husky
- Alaskan Malamute