This breed was named the American Foxhound for a reason. Bred as a fox hunter, this lovable and determined breed has amazing hunting and tracking skills that can make him the best hunter around if trained properly.
Though occasionally stubborn, the American Foxhound is a truly loyal and affectionate breed who will always protect his family. Read on to learn about the 10 best American Foxhound essentials, accessories, and toys you will need to take care of your American Foxhound.
Best Dog Crate for American Foxhound
During outdoor adventures with your American Foxhound, you will need a travel crate that will suit both his needs and yours. The Ruff Maxx 36” Kennel is a camo-colored crate that will blend in with your outdoor surroundings. The durable plastic shell ensures the best safety and security for your pet.
- This crate fits dogs weighing between 50-70 lbs.
- The 360-degree ventilation means your hunting partner won’t become overheated in warmer weather.
- The squeeze latch keeps your pet in the crate, without the possibility of escape.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for American Foxhound
While your American Foxhound is in his crate, he is going to need a suitable bed for comfort. The CarharttDurable Canvas Dog Bed is a camouflage dog bed that fits inside most standard-sized dog crates. This dog bed is perfect for your American Foxhound to use on hunting trips.
- The canvas is water-repellant and removable for easy cleaning.
- This dog bed can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Made of 100% cotton, this bed is ideal for comfort.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for American Foxhound
If you want to take your American Foxhound out hunting, you’ll want to try the Browning Padded Dog Harness with padded straps and camo design. The harness is made with rugged webbing and neoprene padding to protect against irritation. The locking buckle is in place for maximum security, so you know the harness won’t accidentally unfasten.
- The straps are easily adjustable to suit the needs of your specific pet.
- The harness allows for top, front, or dual lead attachment options.
- The reflective yellow stitching provides low-light visibility.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for American Foxhound
The American Foxhound was bred to love the outdoors. He will need a dog bowl that is portable and great for outdoor travel. The Timber and Tide Collapsible Dog Bowl is perfect for this purpose.
- This heavy-duty canvas travel bowl has a waterproof interior to hold food or water at any time.
- Foldable and packable, this bowl is easy to store in your backpack or small bag.
- This collapsible bowl also comes with a full year product warranty.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for American Foxhound
Grooming an American Foxhound is fairly easy because the breed has very short hair. All you will need to groom your American Foxhound properly is a hound brush or mitt, such as the Pet Grooming Glove with Enhanced Five-Finger Design. This glove can be used on almost any dog with short hair but works best for hounds.
- This glove is designed to easily and gently remove lose fur and tangles to prevent shedding.
- The five-finger design allows you to brush places like the face and tail.
- The rubber tips provide your pet with a relaxing massage during grooming.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for American Foxhound
As an active breed, the American Foxhound will seem to demand exercise and excitement. He no doubt loves chasing moving objects. With the PanDaDa Pet Interactive Tennis Ball Automatic Throwing Fetch Machine, your American Foxhound will never see a bored moment again.
- This interactive toy allows your dog to figure out the puzzle- once he puts the tennis ball in the top compartment, the ball is rolled for fetch and a treat comes out of the side.
- You can also use this toy with your dog and insert the tennis ball yourself.
- You can fill the snack hole with treats or dog food to use as a slow feeder.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
The PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat will cater to your American Foxhound’s natural instincts to sniff out and hunt his food. This toy allows your dog to put his brain and his nose to work seeking out the delicious treats you’ve hidden in the mat. This will be a challenge for your dog that strengthens his natural tracking skills.
- The feeding mat is easy to fill with your pet’s favorite treats.
- It is machine washable for easy care.
- Practicing these skills mimics the real hunt for food in nature.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
The American Foxhound gets his name for his fox-hunting skills. Give your dog an ode to his fox-hunting roots with this Fox Dog Toy with Squeaker. This stuffless crinkle hunting dog toy contains cotton rope and a squeaker for added chewing fun.
- This toy is virtually indestructible because of the lack of stuffing.
- This fox can be used for fetch, hide-and-seek, and multi-dog tug-of-war.
- This plush toy contains no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
See other indestructible dog chew toys.
Best Dog Bones for American Foxhound
Your American Foxhound will love tracking an authentic deer hide with this Dog Bone Game Recovery Kit. This kit is a complete training and wounded game tracking system that will keep your dog’s hunting and tracking skills as sharp as a knife. The kit includes a genuine deer hide, blood trail training scent, drag line, and a training manual.
- The blood training scent is made from real deer blood.
- The heavy-duty drag line is 10 feet long for conducting live drags during training.
- This kit can train almost any dog to track wounded game.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for American Foxhound
Want to know how to train and care for your American Foxhound? The American Foxhound Training Guide includes American Foxhound-specific training instructions, written by a series of dog training specialists. This guide is easy to read and goes in-depth on topics such as:
- Agility training, tricks, and socialization
- Housetraining, obedience training, behavioral training, and more
- This guide is suitable for both current and soon-to-be American Foxhound owners.
See other dog training book reviews.