The American Staffordshire Terrier is a medium-sized, muscular, short-coated breed whose ancestors were actually used in blood sports such as dog fighting. Today, the American Staffordshire is a people-oriented family dog that thrives when given love and affection by his family members.
Friendly and loyal to his own family, the American Staffordshire can sometimes be standoff-ish towards other families or “packs.” It takes a special owner to care for such a special dog. Read on to learn about the 10 best items you will need to care for your American Staffordshire Terrier.
Best Dog Crate for American Staffordshire Terrier
The ITORI Heavy Duty Metal Dog Cage is a maximum security crate, made for strong breeds like the American Staffordshire Terrier. This crate includes lockable wheels for easy transport. The double doors and lock design make for easy access and high security.
- Made of reinforced steel with welded bars, this crate provides maximum security and visibility both indoors and outdoors.
- The multi-layer hammer-tone coating helps prevent rust, corrosion, and abrasions.
- This crate is easy to take down and fold up for travel adventures.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for American Staffordshire Terrier
Your American Staffordshire probably tends to chew on things he shouldn’t. Made for breeds that may be prone to chewing on furniture, K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed is durable and chew-resistant both indoors and outdoors. Though tough, durable, and waterproof, this bed is still a cozy resting area for your beloved pet that is easy to get in and out of.
- Akitas are strong and persistent, but even the most persistent of pets cannot destroy this bed with their excessive chewing.
- To be sure, this bed is backed with a 180-Day Chew-Proof Warranty.
- This dog bed is also designed to fit inside most standard-sized dog crates.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for American Staffordshire Terrier
The ECO-CLEAN Dog Leash for Large Dogs is 6 feet long and has 2 handles for extra control. This is the optimum length and security for your American Staffordshire, who is strong in both mind and in body. At 2 mm thick and 1 inch wide, this dog leash is thicker and stronger than standard dog leashes.
- The reflective stitching helps keep both you and your dog safe at night.
- Both handles have neoprene padding for your comfort.
- This leash is ideal for strong, muscular dog breeds like the American Staffordshire.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for American Staffordshire Terrier
During dinnertime, American Staffordshire Terriers tend to eat quickly and make a mess. The JW Pet Company Heavy Weight Skid Stop Pet Bowl is made to prevent messy eating by using a rubber bottom to get a firm grip on slippery surfaces. It’s made for pets of various sizes, including the standard size of the American Staffordshire Terrier.
- This bowl is dishwasher safe for convenient washing.
- It is bacteria and rust resistant.
- This bowl will not fade or stain over time, even with wet dog food.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for American Staffordshire Terrier
To groom your American Staffordshire’s short coat, you will need a stiff bristle brush. The Paw Brothers Extra Long Hard Pin Slicker Brush is perfect for this breed because the bristles won’t jostle around during grooming. Even better, the brush pins are also made of stainless steel.
- The durable construction is professional quality.
- The non-slip grip keeps your hand comfortable.
- This brush is great for medium and large size dogs.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for American Staffordshire Terrier
American Staffordshire Terriers are incredibly strong. This breed loves to play tug-of-war, either with an owner or with other dogs. The yipet Rope Toy is the ideal toy for any size of dog that loves to pull.
- This tug-of-war rope toy is made of cotton that cleans your dog’s teeth as he plays.
- The rope can actually floss your dog’s teeth and relieve inflamed gums, especially in teething puppies.
- The fresh cotton is natural, non-toxic, and 100% safe for your dog.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Because of the strength of the American Staffordshire, many of the generic dog toys sold in stores will not hold up over time. The AMZPetz Dog Toy Set for Large Dogs is made specifically for large dogs who are aggressive chewers. Your American Staffordshire will appreciate a toy set that he won’t be able to destroy.
- This dog toy set comes with seven different nearly indestructible rope toys.
- These rope toys will stand the test of time, even from puppy stage to old age.
- These durable cotton rope toys help with puppy teething and dental cleaning in the later years.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
As a curious dog like most terriers, your American Staffordshire will also love this Outward Hound Ottoson Puzzle Brick Dog Toy that will give him a new challenge every day. This toy has three different treat feeding features that include flip compartments to hide treats and removable bone puzzle pieces that reveal even more hidden treats. This toy will occupy and entertain your dog when he becomes bored or anxious.
- This toy is easy to wipe clean with a little soap and water.
- Your dog’s mental stimulation during play will help him in his other endeavors, including dog training.
- The compartments are easy for your dog to slide with his paws or nose to find and search for treats for hours.
See other indestructible dog chew toys.
Best Dog Bones for American Staffordshire Terrier
You don’t want your American Staffordshire Terrier chewing your couch, but it’s hard for him to deny his natural instincts. That’s why it’s important to give your pet something that he is allowed to chew on. The EETOYS Dog Chew Toy for Aggressive Chewers is a nearly indestructible bone for your pet.
- This bone comes with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- The material is durable, safe, and non-toxic for your furry friend.
- Chewing this bone can help prevent dental issues and is great for teething puppies.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for American Staffordshire Terrier
Due to their ancestry of fighting, it is extremely important that your American Staffordshire Terrier is properly trained starting at a young age. The Amstaff Training Book (otherwise known as the American Staffordshire Training Book) is a step-by-step training manual for prospective and current owners of the breed.
- This guide is suitable for training puppies and adult dogs.
- This training book isn’t about teaching your dog endless commands- it’s about learning to communicate with your pet.
- You will learn the positive training methods that work best for an American Staffordshire Terrier, such as clicker and treat training.
See other dog training book reviews.
- American Bulldog
- Bull Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Best Dog Food for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for American Staffordshire Terriers
- Best Training Book for American Staffordshire Terriers