When picking out a shampoo it is vital to look at the ingredients used, as there are many ingredients that have a higher risk of allergic reactions. If your dog is allergic to many things or simply has sensitive skin, it is even more important to thoroughly scan the ingredients list. Below are the top ten products I have thoroughly researched and recommend to you for your dog’s infections.
Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
Here are our antibacterial and anti-fungal dog shampoos.
BEXLEY LABS Antibacterial and Antifungal Dog Shampoo is made to soothe your dog’s infection, the formula treats yeast, bacteria, fungus, pyoderma, and ringworm. The formula uses a combination of Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole to soothe a wide variety of skin problems in your pet. On top of working wonders on your dogs, this shampoo also works on your felines.
- Made to soothe yeast, bacteria, fungus, pyoderma and ringworm infections
- Combination of Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole work together to soothe pain
- Works on both cats and dogs for your convenience
The Arava Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo is made from various natural ingredients such as minerals from the Dead Sea to make the best possible product. The formula of twenty eight all natural ingredients treats skin problems and irritations including hot spots, infections and inflammation. The shampoo is deep cleaning and leaves a light scent, deodorizing your pup.
- Made from various natural ingredients such as minerals from Dead Sea
- Twenty Eight all natural ingredients treats many skin conditions
- Shampoo is deep cleaning and leaves light scent
The Pet MD Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo is made from the highest quality of ingredients, treating Hot Spots, Ringworm and Acne in Pets. Helps Heal Skin Infections, Superficial Cuts, Abrasions and Insect Bites. The shampoo is made without soap or Paraben to offer your pet the most comfort possible while soothing their sensitive skin.
- Made from only the highest quality of ingredients
- Treats Hot Spots, Ringworm and Acne in Pets. Helps Heal Skin Infections, Superficial Cuts, Abrasions and Insect Bites
- Shampoo has no soap or Paraben to lower risk of reactions
Vetone Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo is a special formula made to work on dogs, cats or horses to soothe skin infections in many different breeds of pet. On top of being great for infections, this shampoo is deeply cleansing and pleasantly scented. The formula reduces skin irritation and helps prevent dry and itchy skin.
- Shampoo works on dogs, cats and horses for a wide variety of usage
- Great for infections, deeply cleansing, and pleasantly scented
- Reduces skin irritation and helps prevent skin from drying out
The Strawfield Pets Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo is a medically formulated shampoo, made to soothe even the worst infections in your pet. The shampoo works on not only dogs, but cats and horses as well for those owners of multiple pets. The gentle ingredients treat skin conditions such as seborhea, seborrhoeic dermatitis, dandruff, rash & redness of irritated skin.
- Medically formulated shampoo, great for skin infections
- Works on dogs, cats and horses for owners of multiple pets
- Treats a variety of skin diseases and conditions
The Richard’s Organic Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo offers gentle cleaning, odor elimination, and anti bacterial healing to your pet. With a coconut oil base, the shampoo cleanses skin infections while not drying out or removing the natural oils on their skin. The shampoo is made to be used on dogs and puppies over eight weeks old, do not use before then as their skin is too sensitive.
- Gentle cleaning, deodorizing features, and antibacterial healing shampoo
- Coconut oil base allows shampoo to soothe infection without removing necessary oils on skin
- Do not use on puppies under eight weeks old
The 4Legger Antibacterial and Antifungal Dog Shampoo is made with only the best ingredients to ensure the best healing shampoo for your pets skin. The shampoo is made completely from all natural ingredients, lowering risk of allergic reactions. On top of the healing effects, the shampoo is easy to lather into fur, leaves little to no scent, and makes fur silky.
- Made with only the best ingredients for your pets skin
- All natural ingredients lowers risk of allergic reactions
- Heals infections, easy to lather into fur, leaves no scent and makes fur silky
The Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antibacterial and Antifungal Shampoo is medically formulated to soothe and heal irritated skin. The shampoo works on more than just dogs, you can also use it on your feline companion. With no soap, paraben or other harmful ingredients this shampoo is completely safe to use on dogs with sensitive skin.
- Medically formulated to heal infected skin and soothe irritated skin
- Shampoo works on dogs and cats, great for owners of both
- Has no harmful ingredients such as soap or paraben
The VetWell Antibacterial and Antifungal Dog Shampoo is formulated specifically for dogs who have problems with infections in their skin. Made with Miconazole, Chlorhexidine, and Aloe to best soothe infected skin. The shampoo treats Mange, Yeast Infection, Ringworm and Acne among other skin conditions.
- Formulated specifically for pups with sensitive skin or prone to infections
- Miconazole, Chlorhexidine, and Aloe combine to make best quality of shampoo
- The shampoo treats a wide variety of skin conditions
The Pet Health Pharma Antibacterial and Antifungal Dog Shampoo is made with the highest quality of ingredients, with Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole being present for soothing potential. The formula is made to work on dogs, cats and horses for pet owners with a variety of animals convenience. Formulated to treat, relieve and heal skin infections, superficial cuts, abrasions and insect bites.
- Highest quality of ingredients, including Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole
- Made to work on dogs, cats and horses for owners convenience
- Treats, relieves and heals a wide variety of skin irritants
Antibacterial and Anti-fungal Dog Shampoo Buyer’s Guide:
Now that you have seen some of the options available to you, there are still things you need to consider when purchasing your Antibacterial or Antifungal Dog Shampoo. One of the biggest and most important things to consider is this, does your dog have any allergies or sensitivities. If they do have sensitive skin it is vital for you to read through the list of ingredients thoroughly before purchasing to lower risk of accidents. Be sure to check the smaller print carefully and multiple times as that is where most manufacturers put the less gentle ingredients. Continuing onward, I will explain some of the terms I mentioned previously, that you should keep an eye out for.
These are mostly self explanatory, they are solutions that kill or reverse damage done by either fungus based infections or bacterial based irritations.
Antiseptic is used to clean out and sterilize wounds or scrapes. It is important for your shampoo to have this if you are purchasing it for an open wound, as it lowers risk of further infections due to allergens or dust mites getting into the injury. Be careful when applying to your pet, as the antiseptic may sting slightly and make them irritable.
This term merely means that when the ingredients were put together to form the product, the ones doing it where people with medical degrees in veterinary science. So you can be soothed with the knowledge that trained professionals worked on the recipe until it was as perfect as they could reasonably make it.
Aloe is one of the single best ingredients that you can have in your medical shampoo. Many people are aware of Aloe Vera and its uses for disinfecting cuts and scrapes. On top of that, it also is great for soothing irritated or dry skin and soothing itchy or painful skin.