The Australian Cattle Dog, sometimes referred to as the Cattle Dog, originated in Australia where he would herd cattle over rough terrain for long distances. This herding dog is a medium-sized breed that is independent, intelligent, and energetic. The Cattle Dog is extremely loyal to his family and protective of his owners, sometimes taking this protection to the extreme.
Below are the 10 best Australian Cattle Dog essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dog
The AmazonBasics Single Door & Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate is perfect for medium-sized dogs, such as the Australian Cattle Dog. The double-door design allows for easy entry at the front or the sides. Each door is also equipped with a slide-bolt latch for increased safety and security, even when your Cattle Dog is feeling energetic.
- The entire crate folds flat for easy portability and storage.
- An optional divider panel and removable composite plastic pan are included.
- This crate measures 36x23x25 inches for length, width, and height.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dog
After a long day of running around and herding cattle (or kids), your Australian Cattle Dog will need to relax in style. The KOPEKS Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed provides the ultimate sleeping experience for your dog. With a built-in headrest, orthopedic memory foam, and soft, plush suede fabric, this bed will quickly become your pet’s favorite spot.
- This orthopedic memory foam is hypo-allergenic to suit all breeds.
- The bed and pillow have a removable cover, making them easy to wash.
- This bed comes with a waterproof liner and an anti-slip bottom.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Australian Cattle Dog
Made for medium and large dogs, the Harness Lead Escape Resistant is perfect for breeds that are energetic and have a tendency to slip out of their collars and escape. This leash tightens around the barrel when your dog tries to escape, but never tightens around the neck. Your Australian Cattle Dog, despite his love of running, is not escaping this one.
- This leash is of superb quality, handcrafted in the USA.
- The adjustable straps can fit any body size.
- If your dog attempts to back out of the harness, it will tighten like a slip lead.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Australian Cattle Dog
Large and medium-sized dogs can be prone to developing gastrointestinal issues, such as bloat. You can help prevent these issues in your Australian Cattle Dog by giving him a dog bowl that makes him eat more slowly. The Kyjen Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slow Feed Interactive Bloat Stop Dog Bowl is key to preventing bloat while also making dinnertime into a fun game.
- This feeder helps dogs eat up to 10x slower than usual.
- The non-slip base means no mess for you to clean up.
- The bowl materials are BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dog
During warmer months the Australian Cattle Dog has a thinner coat, but during the winter his undercoat grows thicker and requires more brushing. To prevent shedding, you will need to brush this winter undercoat and thin it out. The FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs will be the exact tool you will need to groom your pet.
- The stainless-steel deShedding edge reaches through the topcoat to easily thin out the thick undercoat.
- The FURejector button quickly and easily releases loose hair.
- The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip for your hand.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dog
Your Australian Cattle Dog was built to herd livestock. Give him the chance to re-live this ancestry with the Multipet Lamb Chop Plush Dog Toy. This toy comes from the award-winning pet products designer, Multipet.
- This lamb chop comes in a cozy pack of 2.
- It contains a squeaker for added entertainment.
- This toy contains no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Your Australian Cattle Dog needs interactive toys that will keep his mind sharp and keen. The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toy for Dogs is a plush hide-and-seek activity for your dog that looks just like the rodents he likes to chase in the yard. After you hide the rodents in the plush tree trunk, your dog can spend hours entertaining himself by sniffing them out and “hunting” them.
- Each rodent has a hidden squeaker that adds to the hunt.
- This interactive boredom buster is great to prevent your dog from destructive behavior.
- This toy also comes in different forms, such as the hedgehog in a log version or the bee in a beehive version.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
Australian Cattle Dogs are naturally curious and will want to investigate the different objects in their world. The UOLIWO Dog Treat Dispensing Toy looks like a plain plush duck, but inside there are various compartments to hide treats. Your curious pet will love digging out his little morsels from this “prey.”
- This high-quality plush is safe, soft, and durable for playing, even for rough dogs.
- Chewing on this puzzle toy will reduce your pet’s anxiety and help keep his teeth clean.
- Each duck toy includes 4 squeakers for added entertainment.
See other indestructible dog chew toys.
As a curious and intelligent pet, your Cattle Dog will also love this Outward Hound Ottoson Puzzle Brick Dog Toy that will give him a new challenge every day. This toy has three different treat feeding features that include flip compartments to hide treats and removable bone puzzle pieces that reveal even more hidden treats. This toy will occupy and entertain your dog when he becomes bored or anxious.
- This toy is easy to wipe clean with a little soap and water.
- Your dog’s mental stimulation during play will help him in his other endeavors, including dog training.
- The compartments are easy for your dog to slide with his paws or nose to find and search for treats for hours.
See other puzzle dog toy reviews.
Best Dog Bones for Australian Cattle Dog
To satisfy your Australian Cattle Dog’s natural urge to chew (which can sometimes be excessive) you will need a durable toy that your pet will also find entertaining. The Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Ring can satisfy your pet’s need to chew while also providing him with a tasty flavor. Unlike many chew toys and bones, this ring isn’t edible and therefore can be used many, many times.
- The various textures keep your pet entertained and chewing for hours.
- Chewing can help keep your dog’s teeth clean and prevent cavities.
- This flavor medley can satisfy your dog’s need to taste something delicious without the added calories.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Australian Cattle Dog
Have you searched for a training guide that teaches your training techniques for all stages of your dog’s life? Well, look no further than How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond. This highly-rated training manual is written by a nationally recognized dog expert and star of the National Geographic show Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan.
- You will learn how to build a great puppy foundation that your dog will build upon for years to come.
- This book’s approach is about creating the right environment, both physical and emotional, to correct dog behavior problems.
- You will read some of Cesar’s personal experiences about raising puppies from many different breeds.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Australian Shepherd
- Australian Kelpie
- Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog
- Border Collie
- Smooth Collie