The Australian Shepherd is obedient and eager to please, making him a wonderful companion.
Below are the 10 best Australian Shepherd essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherd
The MidWest Homes Ulitma Pro Extra-Strong Double Door Folding Metal Dog Crate is a heavy-duty dog crate with the strongest, thickest wire gauge on the market. Because your Aussie can be an escape artist, you will need an incredibly durable crate like this one to keep him contained. This crate is great for strong dogs and dogs that travel frequently, because it is easy to fold flat.
- This crate includes a free divider panel, a leak-proof plastic pan, a strong carrying handle, and rubber feet to protect the floor.
- You will also receive a free 1-year manufacturer warranty with your purchase.
- The convenient double door allows for easy access, no matter where you are.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherd
After a long day of running around and herding cattle (or kids), your Australian Shepherd will need to relax in style. The KOPEKS – Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed provides the ultimate sleeping experience for your dog. With a built-in headrest, orthopedic memory foam, and soft, plush suede fabric, this bed will quickly become your pet’s favorite spot.
- This orthopedic memory foam is hypo-allergenic to suit all breeds.
- The bed and pillow have a removable cover, making them easy to wash.
- This bed comes with a waterproof liner and an anti-slip bottom.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Australian Shepherd
Made for medium and large dogs, the Harness Lead Escape Resistant is perfect for breeds that are energetic and have a tendency to slip out of their collars and escape. This leash tightens around the barrel when your dog tries to escape, but never tightens around the neck. Your Aussie, despite his love of running, is not escaping this one.
- This leash is of superb quality, handcrafted in the USA.
- The adjustable straps can fit any body size.
- If your dog attempts to back out of the harness, it will tighten like a slip lead.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Australian Shepherd
Australian Shepherds are eager to please their owners, but this doesn’t mean yours won’t accidentally make a mess during dinnertime. The AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Dog Bowl has a no-tip design with a rubber base that prevents spillage and sliding while your pet eats. It also holds up to 38 ounces of wet or dry food.
- The bowl is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- It is also rust and odor resistant.
- This bowl won’t stain from colored wet food.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherd
Australian Shepherds are known for excessive shedding. To prevent shedding, you will need to brush your dog’s undercoat and thin it out. The FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs will be the exact tool you need to groom your pet.
- The stainless-steel deShedding edge reaches through the topcoat to easily thin out the thick undercoat.
- The FURejector button quickly and easily releases loose hair.
- The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable grip for your hand.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherd
Your Aussie was built to herd livestock. Give him the chance to re-live this ancestry with the Multipet Lamb Chop Plush Dog Toy. This toy comes from the award-winning pet products designer, Multipet.
- This lamb chop comes in a cozy pack of 2.
- It contains a squeaker for added entertainment.
- This toy contains no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Australian Shepherds are extremely intelligent creatures. You can nurture and grow this intelligence by providing your pet with puzzle toys that he must use his knowledge to figure out. The Nina Ottosson Dog Smart Beginner Dog Puzzle Toy is an engaging and interactive treat dispensing game that will entertain your dog for hours.
- This level 1 beginner puzzle toy is a great way to prepare your Aussie puppy for more challenges in the future.
- The 9 removable treat dispensing compartments allow you to place any of your dog’s favorite treats inside.
- This durable toy is easy to clean with soap and water.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
Your Australian Shepherd needs interactive toys that will keep his mind sharp and keen. The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toy for Dogs is a plush hide-and-seek activity for your dog that looks just like the rodents he likes to chase in the yard. After you hide the rodents in the plush tree trunk, your dog can spend hours entertaining himself by sniffing them out and “hunting” them.
- Each rodent has a hidden squeaker that adds to the hunt.
- This interactive boredom buster is great to prevent your dog from destructive behavior.
- This toy also comes in different forms, such as the hedgehog in a log version or the bee in a beehive version.
See other indestructible dog chew toys.
Best Dog Bones for Australian Shepherd
Your Australian Shepherd is always eager to make you happy, but sometimes he can make mistakes. Maybe he accidentally chewed your new shoes because he just couldn’t resist the urge to chew. Instead of a shoe, give your Australian Shepherd the Nylabone Dura Chew Textured Dog Chew made of tough, durable nylon.
- This big chew toy is made for dogs over 50 pounds.
- The bristles on the textured chew toy help prevent cavities and plaque buildup on your dog’s teeth.
- This chew toy is flavored with delicious peanut butter that your pet will love.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Australian Shepherd
Many dog training manuals are thorough, but difficult and lengthy to read and implement. This is not the case with 101 Dog Tricks: Step by step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog. With this guide, you will learn daily, manageable steps to correcting common behavior problems and creating the best relationship possible with your pet.
- This guide is a New York Times bestseller with over a half-million copies sold worldwide in 40 different languages.
- Each trick has step-by-step photo instructions, a difficulty rating, and prerequisite training recommendations.
- You can teach your dog to dance, kiss, and even do chores with this guide.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Australian Cattle Dog
- Border Collie
- Catahoula Leopard Dog
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
- Pyrenean Shepherd
- Best Australian Shepherd Dog Food
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds