Looking like a smaller version of a Foxhound, the Beagle is a scent hound, originally bred for hunting hare. This breed has a phenomenal sense of smell- and is phenomenally stubborn. Despite being bred as hunting dogs, Beagles are very gentle and love the company of their families.
Read on to learn about the 10 best Beagle essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Beagle
As a smaller breed, your Beagle will need a smaller crate that he will feel secure in. The MidWest Homes for Pets Dog Crate is the ideal size for your Beagle. In addition, the double-door design allows for easy entry and exit from the side of the front of the crate.
- The divider panel allows the crate to grow as your pet grows.
- The small size of the crate will cater to your Beagle’s natural “den” instincts.
- No tools are required for assembly, meaning the crate can be easily folded up for travel and re-assembled again without hassle.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Beagle
Being a smaller breed of dog, your Beagle shouldn’t have to jump to get into his doggy bed. For your Beagle, you’ll need a bed that’s low to the ground. The Brindle Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed is a comfortable, cozy dog bed that sits on the ground and includes a removable, washable cover.
- The 3-inch layer of shredded orthopedic memory foam is designed to eliminate pressure points and increase breathability.
- As a lightweight bed, this is perfect for travel.
- The supportive foam will conform to your dog’s weight to soothe arthritis and hip dysplasia.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Beagle
The Harness Lead Escape Resistant is perfect for breeds that are energetic and have a tendency to slip out of their collars and escape. This leash tightens around the barrel when your dog tries to escape, but never tightens around the neck. Your Beagle, despite being a natural escape artist, is not escaping this one.
- This leash is of superb quality, handcrafted in the USA.
- The adjustable straps can fit any body size.
- If your dog attempts to back out of the harness, it will tighten like a slip lead.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Beagle
The URPOWER Dog Bowls is perfect for dogs less than 70 pounds. The double bowls can hold both food and water for a full dinner set. Combined, the bowls can hold up to 53 ounces of water, wet food, or dry food.
- Both the silicone stand and the stainless-steel bowls are rust-resistant and dishwasher-safe.
- The no-spill silicone matt prevents spills and messes on your floor.
- The stand also keeps the bowls from flipping and skidding while your pet eats.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Beagle
Beagles have short coats and therefore do not require extensive grooming. However, this breed can still shed. To prevent shedding, try the Pet Neat Pet Grooming Brush, which is a professional deshedding tool used for both dogs and cats.
- This brush can reduce shedding by up to 95% in just 10 minutes.
- This grooming tool is durable and designed to last for years.
- You can keep pet allergies at bay by using this tool to easily remove loose fur.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Beagle
Beagles are a very determined when it comes to hunting their prey. When it comes to plush toys, this can be a problem. The ZippyPaws Skinny Peltz No Stuffing Squeaky Plush Dog Toys are designed without stuffing to prevent your pet from ripping them apart.
- Each toy is 18 inches long, making them large enough for hours of chewing.
- Each toy includes three different squeakers for added fun.
- These toys don’t contain any plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Your Beagle naturally loves hunting small little animals. The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel is a plush hide-and-seek activity for your dog that looks just like the rodents he likes to chase in the yard. After you hide the rodents in the plush tree trunk, your dog can spend hours entertaining himself by sniffing them out and “hunting” them.
- Each rodent has a hidden squeaker that adds to the hunt.
- This interactive boredom buster is great to prevent your dog from destructive behavior.
- This toy also comes in different forms, such as the hedgehog in a log version or the bee in a beehive version.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
The PAW5 Wooly Snuffle Mat will cater to your Beagle’s natural instincts to sniff out and hunt his food. This toy allows your dog to put his brain and his nose to work seeking out the delicious treats you’ve hidden in the mat. This will be a challenge for your dog that strengthens his natural tracking skills.
- The feeding mat is easy to fill with your pet’s favorite treats.
- It is machine washable for easy care.
- Practicing these skills mimics the real hunt for food in nature.
See other puzzle dog toy reviews.
Best Dog Bones for Beagle
For smaller dogs who appreciate real, natural flavor, the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is a great option to keep your chewing pet happy and healthy. Flavored with real chicken, peanut butter, or bacon, this bone has an irresistible flavor and scent. The wishbone shape also helps smaller dogs grasp the entire bone at once.
- This bone is strong, durable, and not edible.
- The entire bone is made and packaged in the USA.
- This bone comes in larger sizes if your dog prefers something bigger.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Beagle
To properly train your stubborn Beagle, you will need Cesar’s Way: The Natural, Everyday Guide to Understanding and Correcting Common Dog Problems. This highly-rated training manual is written by a nationally recognized dog expert and star of the National Geographic show Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan. The book’s approach is to help you understand your dog’s perspective so that you can finally eliminate behavior problems.
- With this guide, you will learn the difference between discipline and punishment.
- You will also learn what your dog really needs that you may not be giving him.
- There is even a special section about choosing the right dog for you and your family.
See other dog training book reviews.
Also see our guide to the best dog food for Beagles.