Originating in central France, the Beauceron was originally bred as a herding dog and a guard dog. This athletic breed is known for its longevity and health. Beacuerons are intelligent, calm, gentle with loved ones, and fearless.
Read on to learn about the 10 best Beauceron essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Beauceron
The thick coat of the Beauceron was made to handle the great outdoors. The Noz2Noz Soft-Krater Indoor & Outdoor Crate for Pets is great for enjoying alone time inside or outside because it is weather-resistant. Your Beauceron will also enjoy the added privacy of the sunshade.
- This durable crate is made from heavy-duty tight-weave mesh fabric for ventilation.
- Your Beauceron will have no problem sprawling out in this roomy crate.
- This crate is easy to fold up and take with you on-the-go.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Beauceron
Your Beauceron will appreciate a bed that helps him stay cool both indoors and outdoors. The Gale Pacific Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed is made out of breathable HDPE fabric to eliminate hot spots. Combined with the elevated steel frame, your Beauceron will stay cool no matter the weather.
- This elevated bed is flea, mite, and mold resistant.
- The portable design makes this bed great for travel as well.
- The durable steel frame can support pets of all sizes but is light enough to carry around.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Beauceron
Beaucerons are very strong, both in body and in personality. To prevent your Beauceron from pulling you during walks or runs, consider the PetSafe Gentle Leader Head Collar. This leash is vet and trainer recommended to put you in control of the leash, rather than have your pet in control.
- The adjustable loop and neck strap fit your dog as he grows.
- The padded neoprene nose loop and head collar never put pressure on your dog’s throat.
- This leash comes with a 1-year chew damage replacement warranty.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Beauceron
For a versatile bowl that can be used indoors, outdoors, and taken on-the-go, try the Pet Zone Designer Diner Adjustable Elevated Pet Feeder Raised Dog Bowls. This bowl set can be adjusted to 3 different heights to be used for all life stages. The dish holds two stainless steel bowls that can be used for wet food, dry food, or water.
- These rust-resistant bowls can be put in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- The elevated platform is great for digestion and sore joints.
- When not in use, the legs can be folded under the dish for easy storage.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Beauceron
Beaucerons have a thick undercoat and an outercoat. To clean this thick undercoat and prevent serious shedding, you will need to groom your dog with an undercoat rake. The PawsPamper Undercoat Rake works great on heavy-coated and double-coated dog breeds.
- The stainless-steel blades have rounded blade edges to prevent skin irritation.
- The wooden handle allows your hand to grip the brush comfortably.
- You can get a free replacement of this brush if your brush breaks or is not working properly.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Beauceron
Your Beauceron was built to herd livestock. Give him the chance to re-live this ancestry with the Multipet Lamb Chop Plush Dog Toy. This toy comes from the award-winning pet products designer, Multipet.
- This lamb chop comes in a cozy pack of 2.
- It contains a squeaker for added entertainment.
- This toy contains no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Beaucerons are very athletic, so you are going to want an interactive toy that will keep him moving. The AllStar Innovations Wobble Wag Giggle Ball engages your dog’s natural curiosity with just the nudge of his nose. He will have fun chasing this noise ball that does not require batteries.
- This toy is great for dogs of all ages and sizes.
- The ball can be used indoors or outdoors.
- You can use this toy to play fetch with your pet, or he can entertain himself.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
Your Beauceron will also love this Outward Hound Ottoson Puzzle Brick Dog Toy that will give him a new challenge every day. This toy has three different treat feeding features that include flip compartments to hide treats and removable bone puzzle pieces that reveal even more hidden treats. This toy will occupy and entertain your dog when he becomes bored or anxious.
- This toy is easy to wipe clean with a little soap and water.
- Your dog’s mental stimulation during play will help him in his other endeavors, including dog training.
- The compartments are easy for your dog to slide with his paws or nose to find and search for treats for hours.
See other puzzle dog toy reviews.
Best Dog Bones for Beauceron
Most dog bones and chew toys are no match for the strong jaws of an Anatolian Shepherd Dog. But the KONG Extreme Dog Toy is built to last. This chew toy is made from the toughest natural rubber on the market.
- This toy can help solve problems with excessive chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, and more.
- The toy’s unpredictable bounce means you can also use it for fun games of fetch.
- You can stuff this chew toy with peanut butter, kibble, or any of your pet’s favorite treats.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Beauceron
Have you searched for a training guide that teaches your training techniques for all stages of your dog’s life? Well, look no further than How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond. Beaucerons can be difficult to train, but this highly-rated training manual is written by a nationally recognized dog expert and star of the National Geographic show Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan.
- You will learn how to build a great puppy foundation that your dog will build upon for years to come.
- This book’s approach is about creating the right environment, both physical and emotional, to correct dog behavior problems.
- You will read some of Cesar’s personal experiences about raising puppies from many different breeds.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Belgian Malinois
- Border Collie
- Berger Picard
- Dutch Shepherd