The Bedlington Terrier originated in Northeast England as a vermin hunter. Today, this breed is used in dog racing, numerous dog sports and shows, and as a lovable companion. Bedlington Terriers, like other Terriers, are intelligent and have a high degree of energy. This breed is good with children but not so good with other dogs.
Below are the 10 best Bedlington Terrier essentials, accessories, and toys.
Best Dog Crate for Bedlington Terrier
The MidWest Homes Ultima Pro Dog Crate is a heavy duty dog crate with the strongest, thickest wire gauge on the market. Because your Bedlington Terrier is a very strong and determined breed, you will need an incredibly durable crate like this one to keep him contained, especially if he sees another dog walk by. This crate is great for strong dogs and dogs that travel frequently, because it is easy to fold flat.
- This crate includes a free divider panel, a leak-proof plastic pan, a strong carrying handle, and rubber feet to protect the floor.
- You will also receive a free 1-year manufacturer warranty with your purchase.
- The convenient double door allows for easy access, no matter where you are.
See other dog crate reviews.
Best Dog Bed for Bedlington Terrier
After a long day of hunting rodents in the yard, your Bedlington Terrier will appreciate a bed that helps him stay cool both indoors and outdoors. The Gale Pacific Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed is made out of breathable HDPE fabric to eliminate hot spots. Combined with the elevated steel frame, your Bedlington Terrier will stay cool no matter the weather.
- This elevated bed is flea, mite, and mold resistant.
- The portable design makes this bed great for travel as well.
- The durable steel frame can support pets of all sizes but is light enough to carry around.
See other dog bed reviews.
Best Dog Leash for Bedlington Terrier
You want your dog’s leash to be secure and prevent pulling, but you also want a leash that will suit the unique shape of your Bedlington Terrier’s body. The RABBITGOO No Pull Dog Harness comes in various sizes to prevent your dog from pulling as a puppy and as an adult. The chest clip attachment will stop your dog from pulling on walks but will never tighten around his neck.
- The reflective strip will keep you and your pet safe in dim lighting.
- The 2 fast-release buckles allow for an easy on-and-off.
- This vest is fully adjustable to expand as your pet grows.
See other dog leash reviews.
Best Dog Bowl for Bedlington Terrier
For a versatile bowl that can be used indoors, outdoors, and taken on-the-go, try the Pet Zone Designer Diner Adjustable Elevated Pet Feeder Raised Dog Bowls. This bowl set can be adjusted to 3 different heights to be used for all life stages. The dish holds two stainless steel bowls that can be used for wet food, dry food, or water.
- These rust-resistant bowls can be put in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- The elevated platform is great for digestion and sore joints.
- When not in use, the legs can be folded under the dish for easy storage.
See other dog bowl reviews.
Best Dog Brush for Bedlington Terrier
The DakPets Deshedding Brush is a high-quality grooming tool that can be used on pets with short, medium, or long fur. Your Bedlington Terrier will appreciate this luxury grooming tool for his unique, soft coat. This brush can also reduce shedding by up to 95% in most breeds.
- This deShedder is designed by pet grooming experts.
- This brush is made from materials that reduce irritation of your pet’s skin.
- The safe blade cover protects the stainless-steel blades from wear over time.
See other dog brush reviews.
Best Dog Toys for Bedlington Terrier
The Bedlington Terrier has an instinct to hunt small rodents. Cater to this instinct with the Outward Hound HedgeHogZ Plush Dog Toy, which comes in multiple sizes. In addition to a cozy plush, this toy can also be used as an interactive fetch toy.
- The built-in squeaker makes this toy irresistible to your pet.
- This toy contains no plastic parts, which can be a choking hazard for dogs.
- The unique rounded shape allows your pet to snuggle up to this little creature during sleep.
See other interactive dog toy reviews.
Your Bedlington Terrier enjoys hunting after small animals. The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel and Puzzle Plush Squeaking Toy for Dogs is a plush hide-and-seek activity for your dog that looks just like the rodents he likes to chase in the yard. After you hide the rodents in the plush tree trunk, your dog can spend hours entertaining himself by sniffing them out and “hunting” them.
- Each rodent has a hidden squeaker that adds to the hunt.
- This interactive boredom buster is great to prevent your dog from destructive behavior.
- This toy also comes in different forms, such as the hedgehog in a log version or the bee in a beehive version.
See other plush dog toy reviews.
As a curious and intelligent pet (like other Terriers), your Bedlington Terrier will love this Outward Hound Ottoson Puzzle Brick Dog Toy that will give him a new challenge every day. This toy has three different treat feeding features that include flip compartments to hide treats and removable bone puzzle pieces that reveal even more hidden treats. This toy will occupy and entertain your dog when he becomes bored or anxious.
- This toy is easy to wipe clean with a little soap and water.
- Your dog’s mental stimulation during play will help him in his other endeavors, including dog training.
- The compartments are easy for your dog to slide with his paws or nose to find and search for treats for hours.
See other puzzle dog toy reviews.
Best Dog Bones for Bedlington Terrier
For dogs who appreciate real, natural flavor, the Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy is a great option to keep your chewing pet happy and healthy. Flavored with real chicken, peanut butter, or bacon, this bone has an irresistible flavor and scent. The wishbone shape also helps dogs grasp the entire bone at once.
- This bone is strong, durable, and not edible.
- The entire bone is made and packaged in the USA.
- This bone comes various sizes to suit the needs of your growing Bedlington Terrier.
See other bully stick reviews.
Best Training Book for Bedlington Terrier
Many dog training manuals are thorough, but difficult and lengthy to read and implement. This is not the case with 101 Dog Tricks: Step by step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog. With this guide, you will learn daily, manageable steps to correcting common behavior problems and creating the best relationship possible with your pet.
- This guide is a New York Times bestseller with over a half-million copies sold worldwide in 40 different languages.
- Each trick has step-by-step photo instructions, a difficulty rating, and prerequisite training recommendations.
- You can teach your dog to dance, kiss, and even do chores with this guide.
See other dog training book reviews.
- Border Terrier
- Kerry Blue Terrier
- Dandie Dinmont Terrier
- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
- Best Dog Food for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bedlington Terriers
- Best Training Book for Bedlington Terriers