In our guide, we’ll show you some of the absolute best beef dog foods available. We’ll highlight the best features of each food, and how they can best serve you and your furry friend. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing a food and empower you to provide your dog with the best nutrition for them.
Best Beef Dog Foods
Here are our reviews of dog foods with beef.
Purina ONE SmartBlend Natural is a protein-rich dry dog food that provides targeted nutrition for dogs of all sizes. It is designed so that every ingredient has a purpose, and there is 0% filler. It is formulated with real beef at the primary protein source and the first ingredient.
- Available in several sizes for the most economical choice
- Contains an antioxidant blend for immune system support
- Natural sources of glucosamine and omega-6 fatty acids for joint and skin health, and a shiny coat
Purina Pro Plan SAVOR Shredded Blend is made with top quality protein and formulated with real beef as the first ingredient. It utilizes rice as a source of easily digestible carbohydrates. The shredded blend contains crunchy kibble and tender meaty pieces for superior taste and texture variety.
- Available in four sizes: 6 pounds, 18 pounds, 37 pounds, and 47 pounds
- Contains live probiotics for digestive health support and maximum nutrient absorption
- Includes Vitamin A, and Omega-6 fatty acid linoleic acid, for great skin and coat health
Diamond Naturals Adult Real Meat Recipe is made with real beef for superior taste and nutrition. It is formulated with the addition of superfoods like kale, chia, pumpkin, and blueberries as potent sources of key nutrients. Antioxidants and phytonutrients are added to support immune system health.
- The formula includes proprietary probiotics to boost digestion and immunities
- Added salmon oil provides Omega-3 acid DHA to aid in healthy brain and eye function
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin added at guaranteed levels to support joints and cartilage
Natural Balance L.I.D. is a high protein, limited ingredient beef-based dog food. It is formulated with a single protein and limited carbohydrate sources. It has complete and balanced nutrition for all breeds of adult dogs without utilizing any filler.
- Available in a 4-pound, 12-pound, and 24-pound bag
- It contains no grains, potatoes, or poultry
- Formulated with 32% protein, 20% fat, 45% plants and fiber, and 3% vitamins and minerals
Wag Amazon Brand Dry Dog Food contains optimal nutrition for your dog, with real beef as the primary ingredient. It is formulated with help from veterinarians and made in the USA. The addition of vegetables like lentils and peas provides vitamins and minerals for essential balance.
- Contains antioxidants, phytonutrients, and fatty acid chains from salmon and flaxseed oil
- Grain-free formulation leaves out the corn and wheat fillers
- The beef formula is available in 5-pound trial size and a 30-pound bag
Rachael Ray Nutrish Super Premium is a top-tier premium dry dog food. The primary ingredient is US farm-raised beef. It is formulated so that every ingredient has a purpose, and there are no fillers.
- Real beef from US farms provides top quality protein for lean muscle mass
- The formula features brown rice as a healthy carbohydrate and B-vitamin source
- Includes natural prebiotics for healthy digestion
Purina ONE SmartBlend True Instinct is a super high-quality beef-based dry food. It is specifically formulated for adult dogs only. The blended formula also includes salmon as a protein and a healthy fat source.
- Formulated with 32% protein for strong, lean muscle mass, and heart health
- Glucosamine to help maintain joint health.
- Contains no artificial preservatives or flavors
Merrick preservatives.Grain Free Dry Dog Food is a super premium dry dog food. The main ingredient is deboned Texas beef, for high-quality protein and taste. It is formulated with real whole foods for all-natural optimal nutrition with zero
- Contains leading levels of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, glucosamine, and chondroitin
- Available in a 10-pound and 22-pound size
- Whole foods like peas, apples, and blueberries add nutrition without fillers
Dehydrated Grain Free Dog Food from The Honest Kitchen is created with premium ranch-raised beef. It has a high protein level, a healthy fat level, and more calories to support all breeds and life stages. It is formulated to eliminate any need for by-products, preservatives, or GMO ingredients.
- Available in three sizes, 2-pound, 4-pound, and 10-pound, with each dehydrated pound capable of creating 4 pounds of food
- Human grade food labeling achieved by adhering to the highest FDA standards
- Easy preparation, simply add warm water
Blue Buffalo Freedom is a great option for healthy, beef-based dog food. The primary ingredient is real beef for optimal muscular health. It is formulated to meet the specific needs of adult dogs and encourage an active life.
- Lifesource bits add a blend of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins selected by vets
- Created with the finest quality natural ingredients, with added omega-3 and 6 fatty acids
- Never contains poultry, by-product meals, soy, wheat, corn, or any artificial flavors or preservatives
Beef Dog Food Buyer’s Guide
Some things to consider when choosing a beef dog food are the life stage of your dog, and any accompanying food sensitivities or allergies they may have.
Many foods are formulated for all life stages, but there are those that have been designed otherwise. Several of the foods we’ve examined are specifically designed for adults, while several others state explicitly that they are suitable for all life stages. Additionally, for senior dogs, you may want to consider a type of food that has been fortified with glucosamine, chondroitin, and omega fatty acids. These components will help with joint and heart health. With this in mind, there are foods that are formulated for all life stages that have these ingredients. So if you’d like to provide those benefits to your growing puppy or pre-senior dog, they can also enjoy the effects before they begin to experience the issues that often develop in aging dogs, and possibly even prevent them.
Another factor to consider before choosing a food is whether your dog has any food sensitivities or allergies. Many dogs with sensitive stomachs or skin and coat issues can benefit from a grain-free formula or possibly even a limited ingredient formula. Many of the foods we’ve featured here limit themselves to using only the best ingredients, but several will utilize additional superfoods, secondary protein sources, and fruits and vegetables in order to provide a diet closely resembling a wild foraged diet. These foods can be the optimal choice for dogs with no known dietary issues and will provide additional benefits beyond premium nutrition by adding concentrations of vitamins or nutrients not readily found in other sources.
Dog Food With Beef Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you decide how to best nourish your dog. As long as you take into account your dog’s life stage and dietary requirements or restrictions, you’ll be well equipped to choose the best beef food for your dog.