Brushing our dogs is a necessary part of grooming them and ensuring the health of their skin and coat. For Goldendoodles, this can sometimes prove to be a challenge, since they can have a variety of different coat attributes, and while they may not shed as much as other breeds, there is still the need to remove loosened hair and make sure they aren’t getting tangles, knots, or mats.
In our guide, we’ll take a look at the best brushes for keeping those cuddly coats looking and feeling their best, with as little hassle during grooming as possible. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the final decision and help you choose the best brush for your Goldendoodle.
Best Brushes for Goldendoodles
Here are our Goldendoodle brush reviews.
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is a great option if your Goldendoodle has a thicker undercoat. The fine wire design gently removes loose undercoat, straightens out tangles, and helps remove trapped dirt. When finished, the brush is easily cleaned by simply pushing the button to retract the bristles.
- Gently removes tangles, mats, knots, and excess dander
- Massages while it brushes, increasing blood flow for healthier skin and coat
- Comfort grip antislip handle prevents strain and discomfort even during extended grooming sessions
The Pet Hair Remover Glove from DELOMO is a great way to remove excess or loose hair from your Goldendoodle. It is a gentle way to brush out mats, loose undercoat, and light tangles. The soft bristles no only brush but massage the skin to stimulate skin oils that improve coat health. The one-size-fits-most design has an adjustable wrist strap to ensure a good fit.
- Compatible with all coat types, and can be used wet or dry
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- Allows interaction and giving affection during grooming, making it a much more positive experience for the dog
The Andis Pet Steel Comb is a simple and straightforward way to keep your Goldendoodles coat looking great. The strong smooth teeth glide through the coat to get at deep mats and tangles. It is perfect for thicker coats that may bend bristles on other brushes.
- Rounded ends on the teeth to prevent skin damage and injury
- The teeth penetrate to help remove deep-seated tangles and mats that may be missed by other brushes
- All steel construction provides ultimate durability
The Premium Firm Slicker Brush from Andis is a prime option for Goldendoodles that have a thicker coat. The fine bristles remove a majority of dead and loose hair from the undercoat and the topcoat. The wide head helps to stimulate hair follicles and blood flow at the skin.
- Anti-slip soft-grip handle allows strain-free grooming
- Removes dead hair and reduces shedding up to 90%
- The wide head digs into thick coats to remove trapped dirt and dander
The Premium Pin Brush from Andis is great for removing tough tangles. The firm pins are perfect for pulling out loose hair and dirt trapped in the coat. It is designed with rounded pin tips to prevent injury or damage to your dog’s skin.
- Massages while brushing to stimulate skin and hair follicles
- Helps spread the natural oils during grooming to encourage healthy growth
- Soft-grip handle reduces fatigue over longer grooming sessions
The JW Pet Company GripSoft Double Row Undercoat Rake Dog Brush is perfect for removing dead and shedding undercoat fur. The rake action loosens light mats without pulling hair. The round-tipped teeth prevent damaging or injuring your Goldendoodle.
- Nonslip ergonomic handle for enhanced comfort
- Rounded teeth harmlessly remove light mats with no hassle or injury
- The double row of teeth get twice the work done
The JW Pet Company GripSoft Slicker Brush Soft Pin Dog Brush is a slicker specifically designed for Goldendoodles with sensitive skin, or those that need extra gentleness during grooming. The pins are two different lengths in order to work both the topcoat and undercoat and loosen light mats. In order to prevent raking the skin, the pins are angled to keep them from being perpendicular to the skin and coat.
- Ideal for regular daily brushing sessions
- Nonslip and ergonomic handle to prevent fatigue
- The oval head enables easier brushing of areas that are difficult to groom with larger slickers
The FURminator Soft Grooming Slicker Brush is an excellent grooming tool from one of the most well-loved brands. It is designed to work well at removing tangles and mats in either long coats or curly coats.
- Constructed from anti-microbial plastic
- The two-sided design has straight bristles on one side and bent bristles on the other
- Can be used before bathing to remove mats, and after bathing to smoothe the coat
The Safari Pin & Bristle Combination Brush is two in one grooming tool. The pin side prevents mats and tangles, while the bristle side smoothes the coat and distributes the natural oils throughout the coat. It is designed to quickly and easily lift out loose hair from the undercoat and topcoat, and any dirt or debris trapped in the fur.
- Rounded pins prevent damage to the skin and coat
- Nylon bristles easily remove hair and spread natural oils over the coat
- Idea brush for daily grooming
The Four Paws Magic Coat Self Cleaning Pin Brush is a great pin brush for getting out mild knots and tangles. The metal pins work through most snarls, while the comfort tips make the experience more enjoyable. It massages as it brushes to increase skin and coat health overall.
- Comfort tips to avoid damage or injury
- Easy to clean with a single button press
- Great for daily grooming needs
Goldendoodle Brush Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a brush for your Goldendoodle, the biggest factor to consider is what type of coat your doodle has. Since they can have one of three different coats by adulthood, there may be different care required in the puppy stage, compared to what’s needed once they get their adult fur. The types of coats are generally known as either wavy, curly, or fleece. They also may or may not have an undercoat, depending on the coat characteristics they inherit from the golden retriever side of their parentage.
The wavy coat has a texture like human hair, and sheds slightly, but is generally considered to be a very low maintenance coat. If your Goldendoodle has a wavy coat, you won’t need to focus too much on undercoat maintenance, since the amount of undercoat shedding will be minimal. To maintain these coats, your best options will generally be bristle brushes, or a combination bristle and pin brush.
The curly coat is very reminiscent of the coat their poodle parent has, as it does not shed. They can be quite easy to manage if maintained properly and kept short. Curly coats are easily maintained by a slicker brushing after bathing to get rid of any tangles, and possibly a pin brush for quick daily brushings.
The last coat type is known as the fleece coat. This coat is basically soft, loose curls that feel like hair rather than wool. These are the highly sought after coats for people with allergies. Due to the texture of the fleece coat, it can be easily maintained with a simple bristle brush.
Brush for Goldendoodle Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you to decide on a brush for your Goldendoodle. As long as you take into account the type of coat your doodle has, or if they’re juvenile, what type of coat they’re expected to develop, you will be well-equipped to make a great choice and keep your doodle looking and feeling their best.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Crate for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Bed for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Toys for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Collar for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Harness for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Muzzle for Goldendoodles
- Best Dog Shampoo for Goldendoodles
- Best Puppy Food for Goldendoodles