At first glance, it seems like selecting food for your canine companion will be an easy feat. But as soon as most pet owners step foot inside a store that offers pet supplies, they become overwhelmed as they realize that there are just so many different dog food brands to choose from.
While having a lot of choices is certainly great, it can also make it hard to narrow down your options and actually choose something that will meet the needs of your pup. It stands to reason that you want to feed your pup a well-balanced diet that will meet all of his nutritional needs; but that’s easier said than done. The truth is that while there may be tons of dog foods to choose from, not all of them are created equal. In fact, many pet foods are filled with ingredients that can actually be harmful for your four-legged family member. Things like fillers, additives, preservatives, and artificial flavors and dyes, can do much more harm than good. These sub-par ingredients have been found to cause a host of medical issues, including skin irritations and stomach issues, just to name a few. Some pet foods can be so poorly made that they can actually malnourish your dog!
If you’re looking for a high quality dog food from a reputable manufacture, Canidae is an option that is definitely worth considering. With so many positive Canidae dog food reviews, and with such high recommendations from veterinarians and animal nutritionists, pup parents can rest assured that they will be serving the furriest members of their families a well-rounded food that contains the highest quality ingredients.
But there are several different Canidae dog food options to choose from, so how do you know which is the best? We’ve assembled a panel of experts to assess the different Canidae dog food formulas and have read through countless Canidae dog food reviews. Through our research, we have narrowed down the options to what we consider to be the top five Canidae dog food formulas.
Canidae Dog Food Review Center 2019
|Image||Canidae Dog Food||Rating|
|#1 - CANIDAE All Life Stages Dog Dry Food||99%|
|#2 - CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Dry Dog Food||96%|
|#3 - CANIDAE Grain Free PURE Dog Wet Food||93%|
|#4 - CANIDAE Under The Sun Grain Free Dry Dog Food Lamb||89%|
|#5 - CANIDAE Grain Free Pure Petite Small Breed Raw Coated Dry Dog Food||85%|
Now that you’ve had a look at our top five Canidae dog food options, let’s take a closer look at each one. Below, we offer a more detailed description of each formula, including the ingredients that they features and why they are so high quality. We also discuss what we like about them and what other pet parents who have used these products have had to say. Once you have read through the reviews and decided which option will work best for your pup, click on the buttons to find the best prices currently available on Chewy and Amazon.
#1 – Canidae All Life Stages Dog Dry Food
If you are looking for a premium quality dry dog food that will offer your pooch the nutrition that he needs throughout every stage of his life, Canidae All Life Stages Dog Dry Food is a great choice. This pet food is formulated to meet the nutritional needs of dogs of all ages, so it can be fed to your furry friend when he’s a pup, and you can still continue to offer it to him as a senior dog food when he reaches his Golden Years.
Canidae All Life States Dry Dog Food is not only formulated for dogs of all ages, but it’s also formulated for dogs of all sized and breeds, making it a well-balanced food for small dogs, and a well-balanced food for large dogs, as well. In other words, this really is a one-size-fits-all food for dogs, making it ideal for pet owners that have multiple dogs, as well as those who don’t want to constantly search for new foods as their pets grow. The first ingredients in this formula are natural proteins that are derived from chicken, turkey, and lamb, so it will provide your pup with the nutrients he needs to support lean muscle development. It also contains brown rice, rice bran, peas, potatoes, oatmeal, cracked pearled barley, and other easy to digest carbohydrates. Real fruits and vegetables, including tomato and cranberries add flavor and even more nutrients for optimal nutrition. Since it’s completely free of corn, wheat, and soy, there’s no need to worry about adverse reactions. Most pet parents who have used this product say that their dogs’ love the flavor.
What We Like About It
- Contains real animal protein
- Features fruits and vegetables
- Formulated for dogs of all ages, sizes, and breeds
- Completely free of corn, wheat, and soy
- Most people say that their dogs like the taste
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers have said that the kibble is a bit too large for small dogs to handle
Final Verdict: Canidae All Life Stages Dog Dry Food is formulated to meet the nutritional needs of all dogs, no matter what their age, size, or breed may be. Since it’s so versatile, it can be used to feed multiple pets, and because it features such high quality ingredients, you can have peace of mind knowing that your pooch’s dietary needs are being met.
#2 – Canidae Grain Free PURE Dry Dog Food
For pet owners that are looking for a dog food for allergies or a dog food for sensitive stomachs, Canidae’s Grain Free PURE Dry Food is certainly worth considering. This dry dog food features just one source of animal-based protein, which is blended together with a handful of fruits and vegetables, so it’s easy to digest for those sensitive tummies and minimizes the risk of allergic reactions for dogs that are plagued with allergies.
The first ingredient featured in the Grain Free PURE formula from Canidae is real fish, and the vegetables include sweet potatoes, lentils, and chickpeas. There’s absolutely no corn, wheat, or soy, which means no gluten; so, if your furry friend has a sensitivity to gluten, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that this formula won’t aggravate his system. Infused with essential nutrients, like Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, pribiotics, and a wealth of vitamins and minerals, your puppy pal will not only love the taste of this dog food, but he’ll also be able to benefit from all of the nutrition that it offers.
What We Like About It
- Made with limited ingredients, so it’s easy on tummies and minimizes the risk of allergic reactions
- Free of corn, wheat, and soy
- Features real plant ingredients, such as peas, sweet potatoes, and lentils
- No artificial colors or flavors
- According to the Canidae dog food reviews, most pets love the taste
Reasons to Complain
- Some users have said that they think the product on Amazon is different than what they purchase at the pet store
Final Verdict: Canidae Grain Free PURE Dry Dog Food is made with hand-selected, natural ingredients to prevent allergic reactions and to allow for easy digestion for sensitive stomachs. Since it’s completely free of gluten, there’s no need to worry about adverse reactions, and the majority of customers say that they are very pleased with this dog food.
#3 – Canidae Grain Free PURE Dog Wet Food
For finicky pups that just don’t like kibble or pets that have sensitive mouths that can’t handle dry food, a premium quality wet dog food is a great alternative. The Grain Free PURE Dog Wet Food from Canidae is not only easy to chew and very palatable, but it’s also a great choice for dogs that have sensitive stomachs or allergies. That’s because it contains 7 or fewer ingredients, all of which are very high quality.
The list of ingredients featured in this wet dog food formula includes pure animal proteins as the first ingredient (which are derived from lamb, turkey, and chicken). It also offers natural vegetables, including peas and sweet potatoes. All of the ingredients are slowly simmered in broth to enhance the flavor and create a soft, easy to chew dog food that your furry best friend will love. And since it’s completely free of grains, it’s the ideal choice for dogs that have delicate tummies or food sensitivities.
What We Like About It
- Features real meat as the first ingredient
- Contains natural vegetables
- The limited ingredients are easy to digest
- Completely free of grain, so there’s no need to worry about adverse reactions
- Slowly simmered in broth to create tender and tasty morsels that your dog will love
- The majority of customers have said their dogs love the flavor
Reasons to Complain
- According to some of the reviews we read, the food the ingredients on the food that was received was different than the ingredients listed online
Final Verdict: For a high quality, limited ingredient, grain free dog food that your pet will be sure to love Canidae Grain Free PURE Wet Dog Food is a great choice. Since it contains limited ingredients, it reduced the risk of allergic reactions and it’s easy on the stomach, too.
#4 – Canidae Under the Sun Grain Free Dry Dog Food Lamb
If you are looking to give your furry friend food that is comprised of natural ingredients that include farm fresh veggies, then Under the Sun Grain Free Dry Dog Food Lamb from Canidae is certainly worth trying. It features real lamb as the first ingredient, so you know that your pooch will be getting the protein that he needs to support his joints and muscles. Additionally, this formula contains a variety of farm fresh vegetables, including tomatoes, pumpkin, green beans, carrots, butternut squash, zucchini, apples, and blueberries. It’s also flavored with sage, rosemary, and parsley for a taste that your canine companion will be sure to love. The infusion of essential nutrients, including vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and a range of other vitamins and minerals will ensure that your pet’s needs are met.
Based on the reviews that we read, most pet owners are very pleased with this formula. They say that their dogs love the taste and that they found that it offers great nutrition.
What We Like About It
- Features real lamb as the first ingredient
- Contains a bevy of farm grown fruits and vegetables for added flavor and nutrition
- Infused with essential vitamins and minerals
- Does not contain any grain to reduce the risk of allergic reactions and upset stomachs
- The majority of pet owners say that their dogs love the taste
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that they believe this food was the source of upset stomachs for their dogs
Final Verdict: Canidae Under the Sun Grain Free Dry Dog Food Lamb is made with real protein and farm fresh fruits and vegetables. Not only is it flavorful, but it also features all of the vitamins and nutrients that your pet needs for optimal nutrition.
#5 – Canidae Grain Free Pure Petite Small Breed Raw Coated Dry Dog Food
The last formula featured on our list of Canidae dog foods is their Grain Free Pure Petite Small Breed Raw Coated Dry Dog Food. This recipe features 8 key ingredients that have been carefully selected to meet the needs of small dogs, so if you have a Beagle, Yorkshire Terrier, Dachshund, Corgi, Shih Tzu, Pomeranian, or any other pup that’s small in stature, then this is a great option for you.
This formula contains real animal protein, which is derived from lamb, as its first ingredient. The kibble is also coated with freeze-dried lamb to further increase the protein content, as well as the flavor. Even the pickiest small dogs will love the taste of this formula. Other ingredients featured in this formula include peas, lentils, tapioca, and garbanzo beans, so it’s easy to digest. There’s absolutely no corn, wheat, or soy, to it won’t upset your small dog’s sensitive digestive tract. Furthermore, the kibble is small, so it can easily fit in the tiniest of mouths.
What We Like About It
- Specially formulated for small breed dogs
- Features ingredients that are easy to digest and won’t upset the stomach
- Contains a wealth of essential vitamins and minerals for advanced nutrition
- Probiotics further aid in digestion
- The small size of the kibble is easy for small breeds to tackle
- Contains absolutely no corn, soy, or wheat
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that they were not fond of the odor of these pet food
Final Verdict: If you have a small dog and you want to ensure that he is getting the nutrition that he needs, Canidae Grain Free Petite Small Breed Raw Coated Dry Dog Food is a great choice. It is specially formulated with minimal ingredients to ensure easy digestion. The kibble is small, so it’s easy for tiny mouths to handle.
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Canidae Dog Food
Your pup is more than just a pet; he’s a full-fledged member of your family. To ensure that he lives the happiest, healthiest life, you go the extra mile to ensure you are choosing the best products to meet his needs. He proudly displays his identification tags on an attractive, yet durable dog collar. His dog harness is just his size and offers features that will keep him comfortable and secure while he’s walking on a premium quality leash for dogs that pull. He has tons of toys to keep him occupied, including interactive dog toys and puzzle toys for dogs. And he likely has a supper comfortable and supportive dog bed where he can stretch out or curl up and enjoy long naps.
Of all the products that you purchase for your dog, there’s one that you don’t want to fall short on, in terms of quality: his food.
There are so many different types of dog foods on the market. Unfortunately, however, many options aren’t exactly the best; in fact, some can cause serious adverse reactions for a pup. That’s why it’s important to make sure that you are selecting food that is made by a reputable manufacturer, contains high quality ingredients, and offers the nutrients that your pup needs to ensure his health and well being. Canidae dog food is one of those options.
About Canidae Dog Food
Canidae has been around since 1996. For more than two decades, they have been highly regarded by pet parents and veterinarians for their use of high quality ingredients. Another reason why this manufacturer is so esteemed is because they offer a variety of recipes that are specially formulated to meet the unique needs of dogs. For example, they offer formulas that contain limited ingredients for sensitive stomachs and allergies, and recipes that feature small kibble and nutritional content for small breeds.
Canidae is owned by Diamond Pet Foods, which, unfortunately, issued a voluntary Canidae dog recall on some of their products. While the Canidae recall did not reveal that any of their products were tainted, some pet owners have grown skeptical about the company. But, rest assured that extensive testing has confirmed that this is one of the most trusted brands of pet food on the market. In fact, it is highly recommended by veterinarians and animal nutritionists.
Why Should You Feed Your Pet Canidae Dog Food?
There are a lot of reasons why pup parents should choose to feed their canine companions Canidae dog food. Some of the biggest reasons include the following:
- They offer a variety of formulas that are customized to meet the nutritional needs of all types of dogs; for example, they have recipes that are ideal for small dogs, some that are made specifically for large dogs, and even options that are available for sensitive tummies and allergies. They even offer recipes that are made to meet the dietary requirements of dogs of all ages, sizes, and breeds.
- Canidae only uses the highest quality ingredients in all of their recipes. All formulas feature real animal protein as the first ingredient, as well as fruits and vegetables, and dozens of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- All of their products are grain free; they contain no corn, wheat, or soy. That means that whatever formula you feed your pup, there’s no risk of adverse reactions.
- Many of their dog food formulas feature prebiotics and probiotics to enhance digestive and strengthen the immune system.
- Some formulas contain glucosamine and chondroitin, elements that strengthen and maintain the health of the joints and improve their function, thereby possibly preventing or improving mobility issues.
Ingredients Featured in Canidae Pet Food Products
As mentioned, Canidae uses some of the highest quality ingredients in their entire line of pet food products. Some of the ingredients that you can find in their formulas include:
- Real animal proteins, which are derived from beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, or fish. Protein is the building block of strong muscles, which means that feeding your pup Canidae food will help to strengthen his muscles and joints
- Real vegetables and fruits. The produce used varies from recipe to recipe, but can include tomatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, cranberries, apples, and blueberries.
- Essential vitamins and minerals from natural sources. For example, some of their products contain omega 3 fatty acids that are derived from fish oil.
It’s also worth noting the ingredients that are not found in Canidae dog food: fillers, artificial flavors and colors, or gluten. These ingredients have been found to have adverse effects on dogs, which is why all of the products that Canidae makes are completely free of these ingredients.
Wrapping It Up
Your four-legged family member’s nutrition is absolutely essential. Feeding him a well balanced diet, filled with high quality ingredients and all of the vitamins and minerals that he needs will help to ensure that he lives a long, healthy, and happy life. When you choose to feed your pet Canidae dog food, you can rest assured that all of his unique dietary requirements will be met. You can also have peace of mind knowing that he won’t be consuming any ingredients that can cause adverse reactions.