Does your pooch have an allergy to chicken, a dislike of its taste, or is just simply picky about the food that they eat? It makes finding food that they enjoy and that doesn’t react negatively to their bodies difficult at the best of times, but there are many dog foods out there with no chicken or poultry. When looking for a special type of dog food, it is vitally important for you to read the ingredients list thoroughly and carefully, to prevent unfortunate mix ups.
Always be sure to check for by products at the bottom of the bag, or in any fine print there is, as many brands sneak in the less desirable ingredients in hard to see places. I have done thorough research on dog foods with no chicken or poultry, no by products of them either, and listed out the ten that I believe are the best for your pup. Below the products lists will be a buying guide for you to peruse at your leisure.
Best Chicken Free Dog Foods
Here are our chicken free dog food reviews.
The Blue Buffalo Adult Dry Dog Food is one of many completely chicken free dog foods, instead using brown rice and whitefish for a natural and healthy food. On top of the real meat used, this brand only uses high quality grains, vegetables and fruits in their feed bags. Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals are carefully blended in for your dog’s best health.
- Completely chicken free, no by products or fake meats with fish and rice as main ingredients
- Real meat partnered with grains, fruits and veggies for best quality
- Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals added for best health possible
The Purina ONE SmartBlend Dog Food is made with only the highest ingredients while remaining a completely chicken free dog food. Made with real lamb and rice, this food is packed with natural proteins and vitamins that your dog needs for their health. On top of healthy ingredients, there is an antioxidant blend that strengthens their immune system.
- Made from best ingredients for highest quality of food
- Lamb and rice are main ingredients, packed with natural proteins and vitamins
- Antioxidant blend allows extra strength to your dog’s immune system
The Purina Pro Plan makes one of the highest quality, nutrients packed, completely chicken free dog foods on the market, with this flavor being salmon and rice. The food is great for your dog’s digestive health, Prebiotic fibers boost their general health. Ingredients are all healthy with no corn, soy, wheat or artificial flavors to lower risk of harmful side effects.
- Highest quality of ingredients make for a nutrients packed food
- Prebiotic fibers are great for general health and digestive help
- All ingredients are healthy with no additional risky additives
The Whole Earth Farms brand of chicken free dog food is made for those dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies to chicken, made with pork, beef and lamb instead. The recipe has been fine tuned for the best balance of vitamins and nutrients for your pooch. With no wheat, soy, corn, poultry, by products, artificial flavors, or artificial preservatives this food is great for your dog’s all around health
- Made for dogs with allergies to chicken or sensitive stomachs
- Recipe has been designed for best balance of nutrients and vitamins
- Has no harmful additives or unhealthy ingredients snuck in
The Pedigree Grilled Steak and Vegetable flavored dog food is a completely chicken free dog food, using only the best ingredients. Balanced levels of Omega-6 Fatty Acid allow for a boost to your dog’s skin and helps keep their coat shiny. The food has no harmful additives such as corn syrup or artificial flavors for a food that your dog will love.
- Grilled Steak and Veggie flavored food that your dog will love
- Omega-6 levels are balanced for boosted health on skin and fur
- No harmful additives such as artificial flavors or corn syrup
The Diamond Naturals dog food is made from wild caught Salmon, allowing for a completely chicken free dog food. There are no grains or harmful additives in this food, making it perfect for any dog even those with sensitive stomachs. Containing hypoallergenic ingredients alongside premium vitamins and minerals, this food is all around great for your dog’s health.
- Salmon as the main ingredient allows for a high protein food
- No grains or harmful ingredients, perfect for dogs with allergies
- Hypoallergenic ingredients, premium vitamins and minerals combine for great healthy dog food
The Natural Balance Limited Ingredients dog food is perfect for dogs with allergies, made as a completely chicken free dog food. Lamb meal and brown rice are the main ingredients, the real meat and natural vegetables add protein and nutrients to the food. The brown rice is packed with fiber to boost your dog’s digestive system and their general health.
- With limited ingredients, this dog food is made for those dogs who are intolerant to chicken
- Lamb and brown rice are combined with various nutrients and vitamins for highest quality of food
- Brown rice is full of digestive boosting fiber
The Nutro Limited Ingredient, completely chicken free dog food is made for those pups with allergies that can’t be overlooked. The lamb and sweet potato recipe is designed to give them their best nutrients and vitamins while still tasting good to them. This food is made with no chicken or beef, with ten ingredients or less to ensure only the best for your pup.
- Made for dogs with allergies or sensitive stomachs with natural ingredients
- Sweet potato and lamb is great for health and taste
- No chicken or beef, making food great for most allergies
The Instinct Limited Ingredient food is made as a completely chicken free dog food, allowing your pups with sensitive stomachs to enjoy their meals. The food comes in four separate flavors for your choice, all of which are made with the highest quality of ingredients. The food is made with no grain, dairy, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, sweet potato, potato, chickpeas, corn, wheat, soy, artificial colors or preservatives.
- Food is made for sensitive stomachs with one meat and one vegetable combo, no harmful ingredients
- Four separate flavors available: duck, salmon, lamb and turkey
- No additives or other potentially negative effecting ingredients
The Iams Salmon flavored dog food is made to be a completely chicken free dog food for pups with food allergies, made with only the finest ingredients for their health. The food is completely grain free with additional protein, vitamins and nutrients added for your dog’s over all health. With no corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, or other harmful additives this food is great for your dog.
- Made from the best ingredients for the highest quality of food
- Completely grain free with additional proteins, vitamins and nutrients
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or other harmful ingredients
Chicken Free Dog Food Buyer’s Guide
Now that you have seen some of the top food brands, recommended by many, I will move on to explaining some of the terms I used in the descriptions.
Any food that is limited ingredient is great for dogs with allergies as the fewer ingredients used, the better the chance is that they will be able to safely and easily digest it. If your dog is allergic to more than one ingredient these foods make checking if the food is okay for your pooch easier than other brands that hide ingredients in small print
Many people hear this term but few know what it actually is. Prebiotic fiber is the nondigestible part of foods such as beans, banana peals, apple skin and many others. It may sound as if it would be unhealthy to eat, but research has proven that there are no harmful side affects
When most people hear Grain Free dog food they are confused, grains are great for humans so why wouldn’t they be for your dog too? In most cases grains aren’t harmful to your pup, but there have been cases where a grain allergy will present itself unexpectedly. Most dog owners will buy grain free if their pooch has other allergies or a sensitive stomach out of fear of a reaction.
Hypoallergenic dog food means that it is made with ingredients that are less likely or completely assured to not set off an allergic reaction. This is the food dog owners search for when their dog has a highly sensitive stomach or if they have many allergies.
When you buy your chicken free dog food, be sure to check the ingredients list on the bag or the description if you’re buying over the internet. There is nothing more important than your dog’s health.