People aren’t the only ones who can benefit from the best coconut oil for dogs; it can also be extremely beneficial for dogs. This all-natural product can be applied topical to improve the health of your pup’s skin and coat, or it can be added to his food to improve his overall health and well being.
If you are interested in using coconut oil with your dog, it stands to reason that you are going to want to choose the best product possible. We’ve researched the countless products that are on the market to find what we consider to be the best coconut oil for dogs. Here are our top choices:
Best Coconut Oil for Dogs
|Image||Coconut Oil for Dogs||Rating|
|1. Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs||99%|
|2. Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs||96%|
|3. Petpost Coconut Oil for Dogs||93%|
|4. Raw Paws Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for Dogs||89%|
|5. Wholistic Pet Organics Coconut Oil||85%|
1. Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs
Our first pick for the best coconut oil for dogs comes from Alpha Zone.
The makers of this products claims that it is the most effective and best quality solution on the market. Judging by the reviews that users have provided and the input that we received from our team of experts, we have to agree that it really is a high quality product.
Alpha Pet Zone’s Coconut Oil for Dogs is derived of all natural virgin coconut oil. It’s certified organic, and it’s vegan, too, so if you are concerned about cruelty issues or you don’t eat meat yourself, than this product is a great choice for you. There are absolutely no chemicals added; it’s just pure coconut oil, so there’s no need to worry about any reactions.
It can be used for a variety of purposes, from soothing your furry friend’s itch skin from pesky flea or mite bits, to easing allergic rashes and treating dandruff. It will also enhance his coat, making it shinier, stronger, and healthier. It can actually reduce shedding and offers hydrating moisture for your pup’s coat.
In addition to treating skin conditions and improving the health of his coat, Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs can also be used to improve his internal health. Just add some to his food so that he can take advantage of the numerous nutrients that it offers. This product can actually improve your pup’s cognitive health and strengthen his joints, too!
Things We Like About It:
- All natural
- 100 percent organic
- Virgin coconut oil
- Can be used as a topical treatment and ingested, as well
- Pleasant odor
- The contents of the jar are plentiful
Reasons to Complain:
- None! We can’t find anything wrong with this coconut oil, and the reviews offered by users are incredible!
Conclusion: Whether you are looking for a natural way to ease any afflictions that are affecting the health of your dog’s skin, you want to improve your furry friend’s coat, or you want to enhance his overall well being, than Alpha Pet Zone Coconut Oil for Dogs certainly will not disappoint!View on Amazon
2. Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs
Next, we offer Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs. If you are looking to improve the health of your dog’s skin, improve his coat, and strengthen the functioning of his immune system, then you might want to consider adding Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs to his health and wellness routine.
Like all of the products listed on our top picks for the best coconut oil for dogs, Zesty Paws Coconut Oil is derived from unrefined coconut oil, which is sourced from coconut trees that are certified organic.
There aren’t any harmful chemicals added; it’s just pure coconut oil. And, since it’s extra virgin, your pup will be able to get maximum benefits from this oil, particularly from the medium-chain triglycerides that coconut oil is hailed for.
Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs can be used as a topical lotion that can easy severe itching that is related to either allergic reactions or bites from fleas or mites. It can also ease the pain and discomfort that’s caused by hot spots. If your pup is a breed that is famous for suffering from dermatitis, like a Golden Retriever, a Germen Shepherd, or a Husky, than this coconut oil will help to ease his discomfort and significantly improve the overall health of his skin.
If your pooch walks on rough terrains, spread this coconut along his paws and it can help to protect him from sustaining any damage. If he develops any irritations on his paws or his pads are dry, than just work some of this coconut oil into his feet and it will help to heal them.
With Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs, your pooch’s coat will be healthy, shiny, thick, and fully; it will look better than it has ever looked before! Simply apply a small amount to a dog brush and give your pooch nice brush down. It will easily remove mats and dead hair, and will make your pup’s hair a lot easier to manage, too!
You can also add some to a high protein dog food, Blue Buffalo dog food, or any other dog food brands to strengthen his immune system and support his cognitive function.
Things We Like About It:
- It’s certified organic
- It’s pure coconut oil
- The extra virgin preparation allows you to take advantage of the maximum health benefits
- It’s has a pleasant scent
- A large quantity comes in the jar
Reasons to Complain:
- None! Just like the above-mentioned coconut oil for dogs, there is absolutely nothing to complain about with Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs! Our panel of experts and users on Amazon all agree that this is an outstanding product.
Conclusion: Whether you’re looking to improve your dog’s coat, ease any skin conditions that he might be suffering from, or boost his cognitive health and immune system, than Zesty Paws Coconut Oil for Dogs is a definite must for your pup’s health routine.
3. Petpost Coconut Oil for Dogs
Petpost prides itself on offering the highest quality products for dogs, and you can really tell by the quality of their coconut oil for dogs. The users on Amazon and our panel of experts agree that it is the best coconut oil for dogs currently on the market.
In fact, when we tested it on some pups that were suffering from skin irritations, we noticed that the itching, flaking, and redness cleared up after just a few applications, and the pups’ experienced almost immediate relief.
Whether your furry friend is a breed that suffers from allergies, like a West Highland White Terrier or a Labrador Retriever, your pooch has developed hot spots, or you just want to improve the health of his coat, than you are definitely going to want to have a bottle of Petpost’s Coconut Oil for Dogs in your cabinet!
It’s derived from coconut trees that are 100 percent organic, and the extra virgin preparation ensures that your pooch will be able to take advantage of the numerous benefits that coconut oil offers. This product is loaded with essential nutrients, including saturated fats, vitamin K, vitamin E, lauric acid, and MCTs. And, in addition to being good for your pooch, this coconut oil is also good for the environment! The packaging is biodegradable, so you will be able to reduce your carbon footprint.
As a testament to the high quality of this product, Petpost offers a 100 percent “Happy Dog Guarantee”. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with this coconut oil, than they will give you a full refund with absolutely no questions asked!
What We Like About It:
- It’s 100 percent organic
- The preparation is extra virgin
- It’s packed with vital nutrients
- The smell is refreshing
- The packaging is biodegradable
- It offers fast results
Reasons to Complain:
- As with all of the other coconut oil for dogs that we have reviewed thus far, there is no reason to complain about Petpost’s Coconut Oil for Dogs! It’s truly a pure superfood for your pooch that will be sure to markedly improve his overall health and well being.
Conclusion: It’s good. We like it. You and your dog will too!
4. Raw Paws Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for Dogs
Next up on our list of the best coconut oil for dogs is Raw Paws Organic Virgin Coconut Oil product is extra virgin, which means that your pup will be able to take full advantage of all of the health benefits that it offers. It’s packed with vital nutrients that can do wonders for your pup’s health.
Mix some in with his food or apply some to a dog treat and this coconut oil will improve his digestive health, regulate his insulin levels, strength the health of his thyroid, and improve his metabolism.
You can also use this product topically to improve your furry friend’s skin and coat. It will provide almost instant relief for dry, itchy skin that result from allergies or flea bites. If your pup suffers from dandruff, apply this product to his skin before or after giving him a bath with a medicated shampoo for dogs and watch those flakes disappear. You can even use it to improve his oral health! Just apply some onto toothbrushes for dogs to strengthen his teeth and gums and freshen his breath, too!
Raw Paws Organic Coconut Oil for Dogs is a 100 percent USDA certified organic all natural coconut oil for dogs. It is sourced from coconuts that are locally grown and the final product contains just one thing: coconut oil! The oil is cold pressed and is unrefined. There are absolutely no harsh chemicals, which makes it completely non-toxic and safe for both you and your pup.
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this coconut oil, just contact the manufacturer and they will give you a full refund with absolutely no questions asked.
What We Like About It:
- It’s USDA certified organic
- It’s cold pressed
- It’s an extra virgin preparation
- There aren’t any harsh chemicals; it’s just pure coconut oil
- It’s safe for topical use and for ingestion
- It’s backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
Reasons to Complain:
- You guessed it! There is absolutely nothing to complain about! Raw Paws Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for Dogs has received outstanding reviews, and we found that it really does offer amazing results.
Conclusion: For an all natural treatment for your pup, whether it’s to improve his skin, coat, or internal health, you can’t go wrong with Raw Paws Organic Virgin Coconut Oil for Dogs!View on Amazon
5. Wholistic Pet Organics Coconut Oil
Rounding out our list of the best coconut oil for dog reviews is Wholistic Pet Organics Coconut Oil. This product is certified organic, is 100 percent natural (no genetic engineering whatsoever), and is an extra virgin preparation. It’s packed with medium chain fatty acids, as well as other essential nutrients, like vitamin E and vitamin K.
You can use this coconut oil for dogs in a multitude of ways. It’s a great product to support the health of your pup’s skin and coat. Use it to quickly and effectively clear up any skin ailments that your pooch might be suffering from, such as dermatitis, allergies, hot spots, or flea bites. Massage it into his coat to help it grow in thicker, fuller, and more lustrous. Apply it to his paws to prevent or treat cracking and dryness. You can also use it as a natural way to improve his oral health and promote fresher breath.
You can also mix some of this coconut oil in with your pup’s food to support his internal health. Coconut oil has been proven to improve the digestive and cognitive health of dogs, and it has been found to support the function of the immune system and the thyroid, as well.
Wholistic Pet Organics Coconut Oil for Dogs is a raw, all natural, certified organic product. It’s made in the United States and adheres to all of the stringent regulations of the National Animal Supplement Council.
Things We Like About It:
- Made in the USA
- Certified organic
- Extra virgin preparation
- Pleasant smell
- Sourced from plantation fresh coconuts
- Regulated by the National Animal Supplement Council
Reasons to Complain:
- Some users have said that you can get a better value for your money with other product
Conclusion: Overall, Wholistic Pet Organic Coconut Oil for Dogs is an excellent product. While some users have complained about the price, stating that you can get a better value with other products, there were no negative comments about the quality of the product itself.View on Amazon
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Coconut Oil for Dogs
When it comes to caring for your pet, you go out of your way to ensure that you are choosing the very best products available. He’s sleeping in the coziest, most supportive dog bed, you’re using the best dog crate to train him, his dog house has all of the bells and whistles, he has a spacious outdoor dog kennel, and you even have secure dog playpen for him to play in when there’s a chance that he could get into mischief.
Since you want to provide the best care for your pup, using coconut oil as a natural health and wellness remedy is an excellent idea. But if you’ve never used coconut oil on a dog before, you probably have some questions. You might be wondering if coconut oil is safe for dogs and what is the best coconut oil for dogs, for example. In the buyer’s guide section of our review, we’ll share some valuable information that will help you learn more about this incredible natural product.
Is Coconut Oil Safe for Dogs?
Not only is it safe for dogs, but it also offers them a number of benefits. In fact, vets say that it is one of the healthiest products that you can use with a dog. What type of benefits does it provide? Here’s a look at just some of the advantages that your dog will be able to gain from coconut oil:
- Improved health of his skin. One of the biggest benefits of coconut oil is that it will improve the health of his skin and coat. It’s a natural and effective treatment for several skin conditions, such as canine eczema, dandruff, allergies, hot spots, and even flea bites. Coconut oil can also help to prevent and heal dry, cracked skin. So, if your dog is suffering from skin problems, you are definitely going to want to keep a jar of the best coconut oil for dogs handy.
- Improved health of his coat. Another way that coconut oil can benefit your dog is by improving the health of his coat. Your pup’s coat not only makes him attractive, but it also serves some important functions: it keeps him warm and protects him from the sun, for example. Coconut oil can help to improve the health of his coat by making it fuller, stronger, and shinier. If you have a long haired dog, like a Cocker Spaniel or a Yorkshire Terrier, coconut oil is also a great way to manage your pup’s coat.
- Improved digestive health. It has been found that medium chain triglycerides can do wonders for digestive health, and guess what? – Coconut oil contains plenty of medium chain triglycerides. It can effectively help to ease digestive issues, such as IBS and colitis, and even maintain healthy levels of good gut bacteria.
- Improved immune system. Lauric acid, one of the primary agents in coconut oil, possesses antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, all of which can boost your dog’s immune system. By giving him coconut oil, your furry friend will be able to fight off infections a lot more successfully.
Features to Consider
There are a lot of coconut oils for dogs on the market, but as we said, they aren’t all created equally. If you want to ensure that you are giving your pup the best product possible, the following features are a telltale sign of a high-quality, reliable coconut oil:
- All natural. Coconut oil is a natural product, and that’s exactly what it should be: all natural. It shouldn’t contain any additives, like dyes, perfumes, or bleaches. These chemicals can alter the effective of the coconut oil; not to mention, they can actually irritate your pup, or worse, they can be toxic!
- If you want the best coconut oil for your dog, look for something that is organic. Organic means that it was made without things like chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers. In other words, if it’s organic, it’s natural and good for your pup.
- Virgin or extra virgin. Coconut oils that are made with a virgin or extra virgin preparation, as they contain more nutrients.
Coconut Oil for Dogs Review Conclusion
If you are interested in providing your pup with all of the benefits that coconut oil can provide, you should consider purchasing a high-quality product. Any of the coconut oils in our review are guaranteed to offer outstanding results that both you and your pup will approve of; if, however, you opt not to use one of these products, use the information presented in the buyer’s guide to help you find a quality product. Remember, when it comes to coconut oil for dogs, natural is the way to go!