Here are five dog beds that we recommend:
Best Dog Beds for Afghan Hounds
Here are our Afghan Hound dog bed reviews.
This Laifug Orthopedic Dog Bed comes with a dual-pillow design for flexibility and comfort for your Afghan Hound. The design also includes a waterproof liner for added peace of mind.
- Bed comes with a removable cover for easy washing.
- Orthopedic Memory Foam makes bed accessible to dogs with special needs.
- Extra-large size makes it perfect for any Afghan Hound!
This couch-shaped bed will make your Afghan Hound feel right at home in their own space. The FurHaven Pet Dog Bed comes with so many different customizable features that your dog will love!
- Options between cooling foam, memory foam, and orthopedic foam!
- Heavily cushioned design makes for a snuggly experience for your Afghan.
- Bolsters around the perimeter provide an extra place to rest their head.
Afghan Hounds have their wonderful fur that keeps them nice and warm, but sometimes that isn’t great for sleeping. This Original Elevated Pet Bed provides a cooler alternative.
- Comes in many color selections to blend into your home!
- The design promotes airflow and allows for cooler sleeping temperatures!
- Capable of indoor and outdoor use, featuring a washable and sturdy design.
This adorable dog bed features a washable exterior and waterproof liner as well as an ovular design to fit the Afghan Hound. This bed is built for the biggest of dogs and the biggest of spills.
- Bolsters in design provide spine support for good health.
- Thick padding ensures comfort and bed longevity!
- Four sizes and many color options to customize your Afghan’s experience!
This bed is built to withstand even the toughest chewers and give them a place to sleep that they can’t destroy. The K9 Ballistics Orthopedic Dog Bed is perfect for your Afghan Hound if they try to rip their other beds apart.
- Rip-stop waterproof liner is durable and washable.
- Built to ensure healthy joints and to relieve pressure.
- 120-Day Chew Proof Promise ensures the product works or a return!
Afghan Hound Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Just like any other purchase you make for your dog, it can sometimes be hard to know where to start. This guide will give you a great jumping off point to shop for your Afghan Hound’s place to sleep.
The coat of the Afghan Hound is very beautiful, but it can also be quite high maintenance. The material that the bed is made of will have some effect on the health of your dog’s coat as well as the ease of cleanliness that you’re going to have. If your dog is not perfectly trained, it’s important to look for removable and washable covers. This removable cover trick is also handy for dog owners of breeds with long hair. Keeping the design in mind while purchasing is important to maintain a level of ease for you as well.
Of course, there are many types of dog beds out there, many of which are perfectly suitable for an Afghan Hound. The most important thing to know about choosing the type of bed you get is what your dog might prefer. You can’t predict what they might prefer, but if you know that they like to lay on soft, fluffy blankets, then you can use that information to pick a bed that they’ll really enjoy.
Something to think about when purchasing a bed for your Afghan Hound is where in the home the bed is going to go. The bed could go in their crate, on the floor of your bedroom or the living room, or anywhere your dog particularly likes to sleep. The size of the bed will depend on what your use of it is and what the behavior of your Afghan Hound indicates a need for. If the bed is going to be used for the car, you could look for certain safety features. If the bed is going into a daytime crate, you can go with something with less structure.
Pre-existing Conditions of your Afghan
Sometimes we have to keep in mind the current health of our Afghan Hounds when buying them something like a bed. If your Afghan Hound happens to be older, for example, they could be struggling with joint pain, and they might require something made out of memory foam or extra soft cushioning in order to rest comfortably. This also goes for factors like age, where the needs of a young puppy are different than those of an older dog. Always keep your dog’s special needs in mind when shopping for them.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Puppy Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Collar for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Harness for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Afghan Hounds
- Best Training Book for Afghan Hounds