Airedale Terriers are known as the King of Terriers for a good reason – standing at up to 24 inches at the withers, they’re head and shoulders above all other British Terriers. With their hypoallergenic coat and charismatic, headstrong charm, finding a dog bed both large enough to contain an Airedale Terrier and robust enough to survive their antics can be a challenge. Taking these hurdles into mind, as well as cost and materials, we’ve collected some of the bed Airedale Terrier dog beds for you to peruse.
Here are the 5 best dog beds for Airedale Terriers:
Best Dog Beds for Airedale Terriers
Here are our Airedale Terrier dog bed reviews.
The Bedsure Orthopedic Pet Sofa Bed is a charming fixture to have around your living room or bedroom, inviting your pet Airedale Terrier to feel relaxed and at ease close to where you’re lounging. With plush pillows to cushion the head and joints while sleeping, this bed is a treat for any dog up to 100lb, well within the Airedale Terrier size range. Considering the Airedale’s high-energy antics and occasional destructive bouts, you’ll be happy to know that this sofa has a slip-proof, non-skid bottom, making it very stable on most floors, and its detachable pillows can easily be removed and cleaned.
- This dog bed is made of reliable memory foam with a non-stain outer cover, and has a non-skid bottom, making it hardy and robust.
- It is a very fashionable design, made to resemble a sofa, and can fit anywhere around your home without being garish.
- It costs about $49.99.
Because Airedale Terriers have hypoallergenic fur, their shedding is very minimal, and their coat not especially insulating. For this reason, soft faux fur cuddlers like the Veehoo Warming Round Dog Bed make an excellent dog bed for them, especially on tile flooring in cold weather, which can make sleeping on the floor uncomfortable for your Airedale Terrier. Being machine washable and dryer safe on low heat, and made of durable polyester and faux fur, this bed is easy to maintain.
- It is made of safe, reliable materials and makes for a great warming bed.
- Being machine washable, and shaped to allow dogs to borrow inside, this bed stays clean and warm for a restful sleep.
- It costs approximately $42.99 for a bed suitable for dogs 45lb and under.
Airedale Terriers are famously stoic dogs with a predisposition for developing hip dysplasia as they age, meaning that older Airedales can sometimes have bone and joint discomfort that goes unnoticed for a long time. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress is perfect for older Airedale Terriers but can be great for dogs of any age with its thick memory foam layer and rectangular design that fits perfectly into most dog crates. Made for supporting canine health and long-term vitality, this dog bed comes with a removable cover for safe and easy washing.
- This dog bed is designed to cushion dogs with sensitive joints, especially hip dysplasia, which Airedale Terriers are predisposed to.
- It fits very well into a dog crate, and comes with removable covers for ease of cleaning,
- It costs about $69.99 for a 4-inch memory foam mattress.
When purchasing a dog bed of any kind for your Airedale Terrier pup, it’s important to consider the possibility that parts of this bed might end up getting thoroughly chewed on, and with the Airedale Terrier’s inclination to develop skin reactions, a safe bed for both is optimal. For this exact reason, the Original Calming Vegan Fur Machine Safe Donut Cuddler from Best Friends by Sheri is an excellent choice for your Airedale. Machine washable and made of durable nylon and faux fur, this cuddler is perfect for dogs who need to borrow, and also require a bed that can survive some roughhousing.
- This pet bed is made from dog-safe materials, perfect for an Airedale Terrier’s sensitive skin.
- It’s made from hardy nylon, which can certainly take a chew from most dogs.
- It costs approximately $59.95.
Another premium dog bed for dogs with orthopedic concerns is the BarksBar Orthopedic Snuggly Sleeper, which is great for Airedale Terriers on the larger side, weighing in at 45lb or over. With its dished design, this sleeper bed is perfect for deep borrowers who like to feel completely encased in a safe den at night, lending a sense of security. Also, because of its supportive orthopedic design, this cuddler works a treat for older Airedales or those recovering from surgery, since its supportive structure takes the weight off of their joints.
- This bed is made from quality materials and has a supportive dish shape for dogs who love to borrow in at night.
- With its high back walls, this bed is perfect for dogs with joint concerns, as some Airedale Terriers have.
- It costs about $56.99
Airedale Terrier Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Airedale Terriers are generally a healthy, robust breed, with dense, wiry hair designed to defend them from the grasping claws of the vermin they were bred to dispose of around the home. But, while these traits make Airedales the charismatic, stoic, go-getter dogs that they are, they also create a predisposition for conditions like skin sensitivity and joint point, especially as dogs grow older. A good dog bed for these dogs should be a balm for many of these conditions and should be counted on to be durable and safe, to be a perfect fit for your Airedale Terrier.
Durability for Airedale Terriers
Airedale Terriers were bred to flush and hunt many ground-dwelling species, like rats and badgers, and they have a natural digging instinct which they might express by digging or chewing on their bed. For this reason, you’ll want to search for reliable materials for your dog bed, covers made of nylon or polyester especially, and not necessarily an exposed, soft outer lining. A bed should be durable and should preferably have a shelf life of more than a couple weeks, and capable of withstanding a great deal of energetic roughhousing.
As stated, because of their athleticism and stoic nature, it can be difficult to spot health conditions in Airedale Terriers early, and so you may not know if your Airedale is experiencing pain as they age. Memory foam mattresses or beds with high dished walls are excellent choices for your Airedale, as they remove weight from their backs and joints, and so minimize the potential of developing conditions as they are. Elevated beds with side pillows from your Airedale Terrier to rest their head at night make for perfect purchases, and the length of the bed should be so that your pup can stretch out fully at night and get as comfortable as they like.
Ease of Cleaning
Another minor but common health concern for Airedale Terriers is their hypoallergenic fur, which was bred to be a protective surface against vermin and attackers, but is also sensitive to allergens and irritants. To prevent skin inflammation, hot spots, or hair loss due to allergic reactions to dirt and distress, it’s recommended that you get a dog bed that can be easily cleaned, and to perform these routine cleanings regularly. Beds with removable covers that you can wash are a great choice, and even better are whole dog pillows that are machine and dryer safe, and can be washed thoroughly.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Airedale Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Airedale Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Airedale Terriers
- Best Training Book for Airedale Terriers