The right dog bed for an Australian Cattle Dog will be large enough to accommodate both the 4-foot length of the dog and the 40-55lb weight of the dog, and soft enough for them to rest comfortably after a busy day.
Best Dog Beds for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle Dog bed reviews.
The Millard dog bed provides a perfect mix of support and cleanliness. With high quality orthopedic memory foam that supports your dog’s frame, the Millard is also wrapped in a durable, washable cover. The dog bed is available in four sizes for the perfect fit.
- The durable cover zips off and goes in the washing machine for easy care.
- The memory foam is certified by CertiPUR-US to contain only safe and chemical-free materials.
- Available in four sizes.
The K9 Ballistics is strong enough to withstand rugged use from chewers, diggers and scratchers. Constructed with a durable, ripstop ballistic cover, this dog bed is available in six sizes and multiple colors for every dog and decor. Proudly manufactured in the USA, the foam mattress is non-toxic and constructed in the K9 Ballistics facilities.
- This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- The cover is chew resistant, waterproof, scratch and bite proof.
- The K9 Ballistics is available in six sizes and multiple color choices.
The Better World Pets dog bed features high quality foam surrounded by a waterproof and washable cover. With multiple design choices and sizes, the Better World Pets fits your pet and your decor. The anti-skid bottom adds a protective waterproof layer for indoor or outdoor use. This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- Five-inch-thick foam surrounded by a waterproof, removable cover.
- Available in four sizes and four colors: midnight grey, ocean blue, green rave and Spanish red.
- Non-skid bottom adds additional moisture protection.
From the trusted Carhartt brand, this durable canvas dog bed is made from the same fabric as Carhartt jackets and bibs. The exterior cover is washable and water-repellent. With a baffle constructed interior cushion, the stuffing stays in place and holds its shape. The durable cover zips off and goes in the washing machine for easy care.
- Washable and water-repellent, made from Carhartt jacket and bib canvas fabric.
- Dimensions: 27″ L x 35″ W x 4.25″ D
- Available in three colors: Carhartt brown, dark brown and mossy green.
The Floppy Dog bed offers comfortable memory foam surrounded by a waterproof liner. With a machine washable cover made of warm Sherpa and anti-skid sides, your pet can safely enter and sleep in peace. This bed is available in two dog covers and fits comfortably in a large dog crate. This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- Machine washable, waterproof 350GSM Premium Sherpa top with anti-skip bottom.
- Dog pillow encased in waterproof liner.
- Comfortable bed made of blended memory foam.
Australian Cattle Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Australian Cattle Dogs are known for their energy, but unlike other dogs they are not overly active and will happily lie down next to their owner when it’s time to rest. Their steady loyalty and trusting companionship make them loved by dog owners, who make sure their dog is comfortable next to their favorite chairs and their beds. Look for these features in a good bed for Australian Cattle Dogs.
As a working dog, the Australian Cattle Dog is lithe and muscular. They are heavier for their height and breadth than other dogs. For them to be comfortable, the mattress of a dog bed should be dense enough to prevent the dog “sinking through” over time and losing the comfort of the mattress.
Despite being compact dogs, Australian Cattle Dogs are a respectable four feet long with 2-foot legs. They will need a bed that will comfortably accommodate their limbs and tails. The dog bed should be at least as wide as the dog is tall (ground to top of ears) and as long as the dog’s body from nose to root of the tail.
There are few dogs who enjoy the outdoors as much as Australian Cattle Dogs, and they often bring in much of the outside with them. Make sure that their bed won’t be ruined if your dog flops down while wet or muddy. Many beds have handy features like removable, waterproof covers or can even be washed whole.
Skid stop bottom
As herding dogs, Australian Cattle Dogs tend to react quickly when they see someone running. It’s a big help with a dog like this to have a dog bed which has a rubberized bottom, so your dog does not send it flying whenever a kid runs past the dog bed. Alternatively, a bed which fits in a crate (and is put there) is another good option to prevent the bed from flying around your house like a large pillow.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Cattle Dogs