Australian Shepherds are known for being energetic and athletic dogs. A good day for them involves plenty of exercise and play. However, Australian Shepherds are not hyperactive, so they will appreciate a good dog bed near you to rest after their activity-filled days. When looking for a good dog bed for your Australian Shepherd, you should try to find one with a firm mattress to support the weight of the dog (around 40 pounds) and big enough to let the dog stretch out.
Best Dog Beds for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog bed reviews.
The Petfusion orthopedic dog bed offers high quality support and design. With its water and tear resistant cover, the Petfusion is durable enough to last for years. And, Petfusion passes stricter standards than other dog beds, with recycled boosters and REACH European safety standards. This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- Passes strict European REACH safety standards.
- The cover is water resistant and tear resistant.
- The base and bolsters provide optimal support & security.
SportPet Designs waterproof dog bed adds extra comfort to your pet’s crate. Available in six sizes, the SportPet can be washed on gentle in the machine, allowing for easy cleaning. A unique polyfill adds extra support!
- Machine washable on a gentle setting.
- Available in six sizes to fit standard crates.
- Baffled polyfill cushioning offers extra support.
The PetCraft Supply Snoozer is suitable for indoor and outdoor use, with it’s UV resistant fabric. Durable enough for most pets, the fabric is also chew-proof! This bed is easy to wash; simply place it in the washing machine for a quick clean.
- UV treated, fade-resistant polyester with a water-resistant finish.
- Durable, chew-resistant fabric.
- Dimensions: 40 L x 30 W x 4 H inches.
The KOPEKS waterproof dog bed is made from premium, hypoallergenic memory foam. The soft suede cover is washable and waterproof to keep your pet dry and clean. This bed is available in two colors, brown and grey, to suit your design aesthetic.
- The exterior cover is soft and plush suede, waterproof and removable.
- Dimensions: 35”L x 28”w x 5. 5” plus a 2. 5” thick pillow.
- Constructed of hypoallergenic memory foam
The Veehoo elevated dog bed is constructed of an extremely durable powder coated steel tube. The textilene fabric is breathable, waterproof and collapse-proof. The Veehoo is easy to assemble with no tools required and features skid proof feet to remain in place! UV treated, fade-resistant polyester with a water-resistant finish.
- The textilene fabric is waterproof and offers UV stabilization, heat-resistance and breathability.
- The Veehoo frame is constructed from a powder-coated steel tube with non-skid rubber feet.
- The bed is easy to assemble and requires no tools!
Australian Shepherd Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Although known to be very active dogs, Australian Shepherds are also loyal and prefer to be close to their owners. When looking for a good dog bed for your Australian Shepherd, look for these features:
A firm mattress.
Australian Shepherds are dense, with a lot of weight for their size—it is a result of their athleticism. For this reason they require a firm mattress that will not flatten out over time and use. Look for foam cushions or baffled construction to make sure your dog bed doesn’t turn into a pancake after use by your Australian Shepherd.
Right size for the dog and a crate.
Australian Shepherds are medium-sized dogs, but they do like to stretch out. A good dog bed for this breed should be at least 30 inches by 48 inches. If you have a crate you use, look for a bed that will fit in the crate snugly, so your Australian Shepherd can be comfortable in their little home or when traveling, too.
Can be washed easily.
With their beautiful long coats, Australian Shepherds can bring in a whole load of dirt from the outside. They also shed a lot at times, so you’ll want a dog bed you can easily clean. Many dog beds have removable covers that can be easily washed in a washing machine; others can be washed whole. Either option will make your life a lot easier!
No slip bottom.
Australian Shepherds are loyal and love to greet their owners. With their strength and energy, they may send their dog bed flying every time they come and greet you! A bed with no-slip feet or a rubberized bottom will help prevent this.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds