Even better, a comfortable bed in your Bloodhound’s crate will create a calming, comfortable space that will ultimately aid you in training. We’ve selected our top five favorite dog beds for Bloodhounds, below.
Best Dog Beds for Bloodhounds
Here are our Bloodhound dog bed reviews.
Dogbed4less is a highly durable dog bed that provides the ultimate comfort for your Bloodhound. In fact, this bed offers 3.2 pounds of memory foam to totally support your Bloodhound’s pressure points and joints. This memory foam is actually five times more dense than the memory foam typically found in dog beds.
- The hypo-allergenic memory foam is also highly resistant to bacteria, molds and mildews, and dust mites.
- The micro-suede cover is completely machine washable.
- The memory foam also has a layer of gel to regulate the body’s temperature.
Brindle is a highly rated dog bed made of four inches of comfort foam. Within these four inches, two inches of the foam relieve pressure points in your Bloodhound, while an additional two inches provide support. This bed is also naturally hypoallergenic.
- A 100% Waterproof encasement beneath the fabric cover protects the bed against accidents and fluids.
- A non-skid bottom keeps the bed in place.
- With multiple sizes, there is a Brindle dog bed for your size of Bloodhound or to fit perfectly in their crate.
The K9 Ballistics is strong enough to withstand rugged use from chewers, diggers and scratchers, which may be common behavior in Bloodhounds. Constructed with a durable, ripstop ballistic cover, this dog bed is available in six sizes and multiple colors for every dog and decor. The foam mattress is also non-toxic and constructed in the K9 Ballistics facilities.
- This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- The cover is chew resistant, waterproof, scratch and bite proof.
- The K9 Ballistics is available in six sizes and multiple color choices.
From the trusted Carhartt brand, this durable canvas dog bed is made from the same fabric as Carhartt jackets and bibs. The exterior cover is washable and water-repellent. With a baffle constructed interior cushion, the stuffing stays in place and holds its shape. The durable cover zips off and goes in the washing machine for easy care.
- Washable and water-repellent, made from Carhartt jacket and bib canvas fabric.
- Dimensions: 27″ L x 35″ W x 4.25″ D
- Available in three colors: Carhartt brown, dark brown and mossy green.
The Floppy Dog bed offers comfortable memory foam surrounded by a waterproof liner. With a machine washable cover made of warm Sherpa and anti-skid sides, your pet can safely enter and sleep in peace. This bed is available in two dog covers and fits comfortably in a large dog crate. This dog bed is proudly made in the USA with a non-toxic, shredded CertiPUR-US foam mattress.
- Machine washable, waterproof 350GSM Premium Sherpa top with anti-skip bottom.
- Dog pillow encased in waterproof liner.
- Comfortable bed made of blended memory foam.
Bloodhound Dog Bed Buying Guide
After long days of energetic play or tracking work, the Bloodhound loves a comfortable and supportive place to sleep. Because Bloodhounds do suffer from orthopedic issues, among other potential health issues, it’s important that the bed not only provide a sense of comfort, but also something that will extend their health and work to prevent common injury. Whether you have a Bloodhound puppy, adult or senior, the right dog bed will share a few important features. We suggest you consider these factors when you purchase your dog bed.
High quality memory foam
Bloodhounds are heavy dogs, often over 100 pounds at full growth. Therefore, the right bed for your Bloodhound will contain a high quality memory foam, preferably in multiple layers. The Brindle, mentioned above, has four layers of memory foam. Two layers which provide support, and two layers that relieve pressure on your Bloodhound in its most sensitive hips and elbows. The DogBed4Less actually has memory foam that is incredibly dense, and five times heavier than the average foam used in a dog bed.
Washable and waterproof
Beyond their keen sense of smell, Bloodhounds are known for having a “doggy” odor. They also have a tendency to drool quite a bit. So, to keep your Bloodhound’s bet smelling fresh, and be extension, your home, look for a bed that is both waterproof and machine washable. The ideal bed will have a memory foam base surrounded by a waterproof, removable and machine washable cover.
Bloodhounds have an incredible amount of energy, and because they are large dogs, they are able to move! But, what you don’t want is for your Bloodhound to experience injury because their dog bed slips out from beneath them. Look for dog beds that feature skid-proof gripping materials at the bottom of their bed so it doesn’t come out from under them. If your Bloodhound wants to readjust to a more comfortable position, as well, the bed will remain in place.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bloodhounds