Below are the top five recommended dog beds for Bulldogs, and each item has a short description to explain why you should buy it. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog beds that may be what your Bulldog needs for you to peruse at your leisure.
Best Dog Beds for Bulldogs
Here are our Bulldog dog bed reviews.
1. Furhaven Plush Sofa Style Dog Bed
The Furhaven Plush Sofa Style Dog Bed is made with a removable cover that is also completely machine washable for your cleaning ease. The thick orthopedic foam is perfect for Bulldog’s with arthritis or other joint problems. The couch style rim allows your Bulldog to rest against the back for a comfy night’s sleep.
- Removable cover is machine washable for your convenience
- Orthopedic foam is designed to help and soothe joint pain in your dog
- Raised rim of the bed invites your dog to curl up against it
2. Best Friends by Sheri Shag Faux Fur Dog Bed
The Best Friends by Sheri Shag Faux Fur Dog Bed is made with soft to the touch faux fur for a comfortable bed for your Bulldog to burrow into. The bed cover is removable and machine washable for your cleaning ease. Never air dry the cover as the faux fur needs to be tumble dried to come back to its soft state.
- Soft and comfortable, but sturdy enough to survive use
- Removable and machine washable cover for your cleaning ease
- Always gentle tumble dry the cover to get it back to its previous soft state
3. Joyelf Memory Foam Dog Bed
The Joyelf Memory Foam Dog Bed is designed to give your Bulldog enough room to stretch out comfortably or for it to cuddle against the walls. The cover is removable and washable for your cleaning convenience. The non skid bottom is great for Bulldogs with arthritis or other joint pains.
- Room to stretch out or curl up for your Bulldog’s choice
- Removable and washable cover for your convenience
- Non skid bottom lowers risk of accidents by sliding the bed out from under them
4. PetMate Medium Large Dog Bed
The PetMate Medium Large Dog Bed is covered in a soft, plush lining to ensure your Bulldog’s comfort as they sleep. The lower entrance allows your elderly or ailing Bulldog to easily get on their bed. The cover is removable and machine washable for your cleaning convenience.
- Soft to the touch for your Bulldog’s comfort
- Lower entrance is great for dogs who struggle to raise their legs above a certain height
- Removable and machine washable for your cleaning convenience
5. BarkBox Memory Foam Medium Large Dog Bed
The BarkBox Memory Foam Medium Large Dog Bed is made with the highest quality of materials to ensure the best possible dog bed for your Bulldog. With the removable and machine washable cover this dog bed is made for your cleaning ease. With a waterproof lining, this bed is great for Bulldog’s who are still being potty trained.
- High quality materials are great for sturdy dog bed
- Removable and machine washable cover for cleaning ease
- Waterproof lining is great for accidents whether elderly or puppy
Bulldog Dog Bed Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are many different types of dog beds for you to choose from for your Bulldog. Whether you need a dog bed for aching joints or just an everyday one, you should always measure your Bulldog before buying one to be certain of ordering the correct size. Below we will go into the various features of dog beds on the market that you may want for your Bulldog’s bed and why you would want them.
The term hypoallergenic is used widely in many different product lines and the basic meaning stays the same no matter what item it is attached to. Hypoallergenic means the product is made for someone with allergies to make something easier. In the case of dog shampoo it means the ingredients were chosen for their unlikelihood of causing an allergic reaction. In the case of dog beds, it means the bed was made with fabrics or materials that repel dust mites or other irritants. If your dog has allergies or just is sensitive to the irritants in the air this type of dog bed is perfect for them.
Removable and Washable Cover
Anyone who has owned a dog bed that you have to spot clean thanks to its non removable cover knows how nice having a removable cover is. While this feature isn’t vital to have on your Bulldog’s bed, it is nice for cleaning ease. Even if the cover isn’t machine washable, hand washing a removable cover is easier than trying to spot clean the bed. Still, to avoid any surprises you should read the description carefully to ensure you know what product you are receiving.
Non Skid Bottom
If you have an elderly Bulldog or one with joint problems then you should consider buying a bed with a non skid bottom. The non skid bottom grips the floor to ensure that it doesn’t slide out from under your Bulldog when they go to lie down. This can reduce the risk of accidental injuries when your Bulldog gets too excited and jumps onto their bed, sending it into the wall behind them or just making it slide out from under them.
If your Bulldog has Arthritis, orthopedic foam is one of the best things you can get in their bed. Orthopedic foam is specifically designed to put pressure on the bones and joints, pressing them into their proper position and reducing pain. Some foams are equipped with something called gel infused temperature controlling foam, which we will go into more detail on below.
Gel Infused Temperature Controlling Foam
Gel infused temperature controlling foam is relatively new to the dog bed industry, but it is one of the best inventions yet for your Bulldog’s arthritis. The gel inside the foam holds temperature and keeps your pup cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The temperatures are one of the biggest things that can set off your Bulldog’s joint pain and that is why this feature is so nice.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Collar for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Harness for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bulldogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bulldogs
- Best Puppy Food for Bulldogs