Do you own a German Shepherd and it has come time to replace their bed? Are you having difficulty finding the right one for your furry friend that covers all of their relaxation needs? Well there are thousands of dog beds on the market and every single one of them have features that benefit your German Shepherd’s health.
At the end of the article will be a buying guide with extra information about those types and features for you to peruse through should you choose to do so. Below are the top five recommended dog beds for German Shepherds with a short item summary of why you should buy that bed.
Best Dog Beds for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd dog bed reviews.
The MidWest Deluxe Plush Dog Bed is made to be big enough for your German Shepherd to lounge without problems. The cover is made of a super soft, synthetic material for your dog’s comfort. The bed is machine washable and dryer friendly for an all around easy cleaning experience.
- Made big enough for bigger breeds such as German Shepherds
- Cover is synthetic and soft material for your dog’s comfort
- Machine washable and dryer friendly for your cleaning convenience
The Furhaven Sofa Styled Dog Bed is made from therapeutic grade foam to give your German Shepherd the most comfortable bed. The cover is removable for your cleaning ease with the machine washable feature. The faux fleece top is made soft to the touch but durable for your dog.
- Orthopedic, high grade foam makes your German Shepherd comfortable
- Removable and machine washable cover is great for cleaning
- Faux fleece cover is great for your dog’s comfort
The Big Barker Pillow Top Dog Bed is made with the highest quality of materials and orthopedic foam for your German Shepherd’s comfort. With the headrest design your dog can lounge however they choose for their comfort. The cover is completely washable for your cleaning convenience.
- Made with high quality materials for a sturdy but soft dog bed
- Headrest design is great for your German Shepherd to rest on
- Cover is removable and machine washable for your convenience
The Friends Forever Lounge Sofa Dog Bed has an easily removable cover that is made for your cleaning ease with the washing machine safe feature. The liner is water resistant and mold resistant, making it great if your German Shepherd is an outside dog. The bottom has a non skid design for elderly dogs who love to jump onto their beds.
- Cover is easily removable and machine washable for your cleaning ease
- Liner is water and mold resistant for outdoor dog beds
- Non skid bottom lowers risk of injury for your German Shepherd
The AmazonBasics Plush Dog Bed is made of a super soft, plush material with a swirl design for a comfortable but stylish dog bed for your German Shepherd. This bed can be used for either dogs or cats, making it great for pet owners who have both. The bed is machine washable and dryer friendly for your cleaning ease.
- Super soft to the touch but durable enough to survive your German Shepherd’s sleep
- Used for dogs or cats, great for owners of both
- Machine washable bed is also dryer friendly
German Shepherd Dog Bed Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different types of dog beds for you to choose from. Before choosing what to buy you should always be sure to measure your German Shepherd. If the bed is too small then they won’t be as comfortable as they can be.
Machine Washable and Dryer Friendly
Having a dog bed that is machine washable and dryer friendly is great for the busy pet owners. All you have to do is pop it into the washer and dryer, and you’re done. If you’ve owned a non machine washable dog bed and had to clean it by hand you know how much hassle that it and how nice this bed type is.
The term Orthopedic is used for many different products, but in this case it means the dog bed has been designed to soothe aching joints. If your German Shepherd has Arthritis or similar joint problems then this bed type is a must have. The foam is made to put pressure on all the correct places and push your pet’s limbs back into their proper place.
Non Skid Bottom
Having a non skid bottom on your dog bed is great if you have an elderly dog or one that is prone to slipping around. My dog lunges onto her bed and slams into the wall behind the bed when she can’t stop herself in time. Elderly German Shepherd’s could hurt themselves by doing this, so non slip is a good feature to have
Hypoallergenic is used in many different lines of product, but the general term means the product it is attached to was designed with people or animals with allergies in mind. In the case of dog beds it means the bed was made with materials that repel irritants such as dust mites. How a product is hypoallergenic depends from item to item. These beds are great for German Shepherd’s with allergies or just sensitivities to things in the air.
Having a removable cover may not seem important at first, but if you’ve ever tried to spot clean a German Shepherd’s bed then you understand why it is so nice to have. Even if you have to hand wash the bed, it is better than trying to scrub at spots while the cover is attached to the mattress.
Water and Mold Resistant
If your German Shepherd is an outside dog then this is a great feature. The problem with outdoor beds is that if water gets in and mildews your German Shepherd can have health problems from breathing it in every day. A bed that is water and mold resistant is the perfect one for outside dog beds.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds