At the end of the article will be a buying guide with extra information about the various dog beds for Great Danes and the features they have, for you to choose which features you want in their bed. Always be sure to measure your dog before purchasing a bed to lower the risk of receiving a bed that won’t work for them.
Best Dog Beds for Great Danes
Here are our Great Dane dog bed reviews.
1. MidWest Homes Extra Large Dog Bed
The MidWest Homes Extra Large Dog Bed is made with your Great Dane’s comfort in mind, made with ultra soft synthetic fur for their pleasure. The time is made from a sturdy but soft polyester for a place to lay their head. The bed is made completely machine washable and dryer friendly for your cleaning convenience.
- Made for comfort with synthetic fur cover on the bed
- Polyester fabric is used for the rim, making a great bed for your Great Dane
- Completely machine washable for your cleaning ease
2. Furhaven Jumbo Plus Dog Bed
The Furhaven Jumbo Plus Dog Bed is made with the highest grade of orthopedic foam for your Great Dane’s joint pain. The cover is easily removable and machine washable for your cleaning convenience. With the sofa style backing, this bed is perfect for your Great Dane to choose how they want to lie.
- High grade orthopedic foam is used for a high quality dog bed
- Cover is removable and machine washable for your cleaning ease
- Styled to give your Great Dane multiple ways to lay
3. PetFusion Jumbo Dog Bed
The PetFusion Jumbo Dog Bed is made with the highest quality of orthopedic foam to ensure a comfortable bed for your Great Dane with joint pain. The liner is waterproof for a great outdoor dog bed or for a camping dog bed. The cover is removable and machine washable for your cleaning ease.
- Highest quality of orthopedic foam is used for a comfortable dog bed for your Great Dane
- Waterproof liner is perfect for an outdoor dog bed or a travel one for camping
- Removable cover is also machine washable for your convenience
4. Big Barker Giant Dog Bed
The Big Barker Giant Dog Bed is made with a headrest to give your Great Dane multiple options for how they want to lie. The bed is machine washable for your cleaning convenience, great for busy dog owners. The foam is orthopedic, making it perfect for Great Danes with joint problems like Arthritis.
- Headrest design allows your dog to choose how they want to lay
- Machine washable to save you time on cleaning
- Orthopedic foam is great for your Great Dane with joint issues
5. The Dog’s Balls Triple X Dog Bed
The Dog’s Balls Triple X Dog Bed is made from premium memory foam for a soft but sturdy dog bed for your Great Dane’s comfort. The cover is removable and easy to wash with its machine washable feature. The bed is designed to be a preventative measure against joint pain as your Great Dane ages.
- Memory foam is high quality for your Great Dane’s comfort
- Removable and machine washable cover for your cleaning ease
- Designed to prevent future joint problems
Great Dane Dog Bed Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different types of dog beds out there for your Great Dane and they each have their own positive features. Before purchasing your dog bed be sure to measure your Great Dane to be sure of buying a bed that fits their needs.
Hypoallergenic is a term commonly used in medical and pet industries. The term means that the product it is attached to was designed to help those with allergies, whether human or pet. In the case of dog food it means the ingredients were chosen for their likelihood of not causing allergic reactions. In the case of dog beds it means the bed was made from materials that repel dust mites and other irritants for your sensitive Great Dane.
Orthopedic is a common term in the medical field and it has to do with things such as joint, bone, or muscle problems. In the case of an orthopedic dog bed it means the bed is made to help your Great Dane with joint pain. These beds help by putting pressure against the limbs and pressing them where they need to be. Some of these beds also come with something called gel foam and it is wonderful for controlling the temperature of the dog bed. This is good in winter or summer when the extreme temperatures can affect your Great Dane.
Having a dog bed that is machine washable is invaluable for the busy dog owner. All you have to do is put the bed in the washer and you’re done. Some of the beds are made to be dryer friendly, which makes it a breeze all around to clean, but even if your Great Dane’s bed has to be air dried just throw it over the shower rod and let it drip dry.
Having a removable cover to your Great Dane’s dog bed is a wonderful feature as it allows for easy cleaning or in some places replacement when needed. If you’ve ever tried to spot clean a dog bed you understand why being able to remove the stain from the bed to scrub at is wonderful in comparison. Before purchasing the product always be sure the description says it is machine washable. While hand washing the cover is still better than spot cleaning, it is disappointing to think you’re getting machine washable and realize you’re getting something else.
Non Skid Bottom
Having a Non Skid Bottom on your Great Dane’s bed is important if they have joint problems or are elderly as the bed sliding out from under them can cause injuries that are otherwise easy to prevent. Great Dane’s in particular are prone to joint problems so this is something to keep in mind when purchasing their bed.
If your Great Dane’s bed is outdoors a lot, whether they are an outdoor dog or they just love to go camping with you, this is a must have feature. Water gets trapped in dog bed and when left to mildew causes mold to grow that your Great Dane then breathes in. This is why a water resistant bed is so important, for your dog’s health.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Great Dane Puppy Food
- Best Great Dane Dog Collars
- Best Dog Food for Great Danes
- Best Dog Crate for Great Danes
- Best Dog Brush for Great Danes
- Best Dog Toys for Great Danes
- Best Dog Harness for Great Danes
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Danes
- Best Dog Shampoo for Great Danes