Best Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees
Here are our dog bed for Great Pyrenees reviews.
1. Big Barker 7″ Headrest Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Big Barker 7” Headrest Orthopedic Dog Bed is the ultimate in comfort for your Great Pyrenees. This super thick therapeutic foam bed will not flatten over time thanks to its unique middle support layer. Your Great Pyrenees will need the extra-large size to ensure he has room to get comfy.
- Contoured bolster made from 4-inch foam
- 100% microfiber cover is removable and easy to clean
- Available in four colors
2. FurHaven Plush & Suede Memory Top Bolster Dog Bed
The Furhaven Plush & Suede Dog Bed is a super plush faux fur dog bed for large dogs like Great Pyrenees. The orthopedic base has a memory foam top for added comfort. The Jumbo Plus size will work for most Great Pyrenees, as it will support a dog up to 125 pounds.
- Memory foam topper soothes pressure points
- Microvelvet fabric cover is removable for easy cleaning
- Medical grade support foam
3. Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed
The Frisco Steel-Framed Elevated Dog Bed is a super durable bed that lifts your Great Pyrenees off the ground for to keep him cool on warm days. Elevated beds can also help prevent his signature “doggy smell” from forming. With a lightweight, steel frame and PVC-coated fabric, this is a great option if your Great Pyrenees is rough on his belongings.
- Easy to clean and dries quickly
- Tightly woven fabric will not sag over time
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
4. Serta Quilted Orthopedic Pillowtop Dog Bed
The Serta Quilted Orthopedic Dog Bed has a 4-inch therapeutic foam base for excellent support. The plush, quilted cover is comfortable and soft for your Pyr’s famous naps. The extra-large size is recommended Great Pyrenees up to 90 pounds.
- Ideal for dogs with joint pain
- Removable and machine washable cover
- Available in three neutral color
5. Better World Pets Orthopedic Dog Bed
The Better World Pets Orthopedic Dog Bed is a premium dog bed with a removable waterproof cover. The supportive mattress is five inches thick to support your Great Pyrenees’ hefty weight and will help relieve any joint pain. The base is made from packed shredded memory foam, so it will not sag over time.
- Available in four colors
- Soft zippable cover is easily removed
- Non-skid bottom for hardwood or tile floors
Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right dog bed for your Great Pyrenees will take some consideration, to make sure you have something he is comfortable in and protects him from developing joint issues long-term. While investing in a premium bed may be more expensive initially, it is worth the money to buy a bed that is right for your Pyr in the long run. Your Great Pyrenees will spend a significant amount of time lounging or sleeping in his bed, so choose one that is made with high-quality materials that will not fray or tear with extended use.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog beds for Great Pyrenees on the market so you can choose the right dog bed for your Great Pyrenees. The following features are included on most dog beds and will help you to choose which features you need for your Great Pyrenees’ bed.
Support and Comfort
Your Great Pyrenees will need a supportive bed that can hold his size and weight long-term. Your Pyr will weigh between 80 and 160 pounds and grow up to 32 inches in height. The bed for your Great Pyrenees should measure about 36 in length and 46 inches in width to accommodate stretching out and getting comfy. Regular foam or stuffing will quickly flatten, which can lead to muscle and joint discomfort from sleeping on a hard floor. Choose an orthopedic bed with at least four inches of thickness from a solid foam mattress. Often, a memory foam top will accompany the mattress, which offers additional comfort. Another option is a durable steel frame support bed with a tightly knit nylon surface. These raised beds support your Great Pyrenees weight, keep him cool and raise him up off the floor.
Even though your Great Pyrenees will not likely want to chew his bed, his sheer size means a durable and long-lasting material is essential. Choose a cover that is removable and machine-washable, to help clean any shedding and drool that may accumulate. A tightly-woven nylon, smooth fleece, microfiber or linen will be easy to clean and can be spot-cleaned in between washings. Avoid shag covers as they will get dirty easily and collect your Pyr’s excess hair. The mattress beneath should have a waterproof liner, to prevent any accidents from penetrating the orthopedic mattress beneath.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Crate for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Brush for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Collar for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Harness for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees
- Best Training Book for Great Pyrenees