Best Dog Bed for Greyhounds
Here are our dog bed for Greyhounds reviews.
1. Scruffs Thermal Bolster Dog Bed
The Scruffs Thermal Bolster Dog Bed is perfect for keeping your Greyhound warm, especially in colder climates or air-conditioned homes. This bed has a reflective foil liner and quilted hollow fiber that helps retain heat.
- Removable and washable fleece cover also traps warm air
- 100% recyclable green-fiber filling
- One-piece design with center cushion for maximum durability
2. FurHaven Plush Ball Pillow Bed
The Furhaven Plush Ball Pillow Bed is a super plush dog bed that your Greyhound will love to sink into for the day. The removable faux-fur cover and stretchy interior liner are washable, and flexible for pups who like to nest.
- 100% recycled filling
- Woven liner is refillable
- Available in three neutral colors
3. BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper
The BarksBar Snuggle Sleeper is an orthopedic bolster dog bed that your Greyhound will love to curl up in. The human-grade orthopedic foam and cotton-padded walls provide excellent comfort and support.
- Deep cushion provides joint pressure
- Removable and machine washable cover
- Non-slip rubber backing for slippery floors
4. Best Friends by Sheri Shag Donut Bolster Bed
The Best Friends by Sheri Shag Donut Bed is a very popular, comfortable bed with a super plush removable shag cover. Your Greyhound will love sinking into this supportive bed with bolsters for his weary head.
- Round design provides sense of warmth and security
- Washer and dryer friendly
- Available in two neutral colors
Dog Bed for Greyhounds Buyer’s Guide
You may find that your Greyhound needs a special place that is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the activity in your home. Greyhounds as a breed are used to having their own space, so you may find he does not sleep well with a lot of distractions. That being said, they are sociable and enjoy your company. So, put a bed in your room at night to keep him off your bed. Since your Greyhound is very lean and does not have a thick coat, he may get cold easily, so ensure the bed you choose is cozy or provide an extra blanket if your house is on the cool side. A high-quality bed can sometimes have a higher price tag, but the materials and long-term support your Greyhound gets is well worth it. Cheaper beds will quickly sag or flatten, tear at the seams or fray, essentially leaving your Greyhound sleeping on the floor.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog beds for Greyhounds on the market so you can choose the right dog bed for your Greyhound. The following features are included on most dog beds and will help you to choose which features you need for your Greyhound’s bed.
There are a wide variety of materials on the market to choose from when deciding on your Greyhound’s bed. Even though your Greyhound is not usually destructive, he can get bored and chew if he is not properly stimulated daily. So, it’s important to get a durable bed to withstand wear and tear. In general, micro suede, linen, cotton/polyester fabrics will do, provided there is a good zipper and it is double stitched on the seams. Other choices are fleece or Sherpa fleece, which will give your pup added warmth if he feels cool. Other heat reflecting materials within the bed will also help with this. Choose a removable, washable cover and waterproof liner for easy cleaning.
Support and Comfort
Luckily, your Greyhound does not usually suffer from severe joint or muscular issues, but they can develop hip dysplasia in their older years, so an orthopedic bed is one option for added support in the long term. A medium level of support with at least four inches of thickness should suffice, to prevent sagging over time. Since Greyhounds are known to “den” and burrow into their beds, your pup will appreciate a round bed, or a rectangular bed with bolsters for curling up.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Greyhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Training Book for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Greyhounds