Soft natured Irish Wolfhounds are the tallest of all sighthounds. Due to their hard, wiry coat and imposing height, people often confuse Irish Wolfhounds with the Arabian greyhounds. Though these Irish Wolfhounds are pacifist and gentle, their gigantic size often scares other pets and intruders away from your home. Due to their long legs, these Irish Wolfhounds excel in all kinds of canine sports.
As these hound dogs require ample room to stretch their legs, anything but a sizeable separate bed is hard enough for them. So, you should arrange for a special bed proportional to your Irish Wolfhounds for its uninterrupted sleep.
Best Dog Beds for Irish Wolfhounds
Here are our dog beds for Irish Wolfhound reviews.
1. Big Barker 7″ Headrest Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed
This handcrafted Big Barker 7″ Headrest Orthopedic Pillow Dog Bed is an apt choice for your gigantic Irish Wolfhound. The contoured foam acts as a pillow to the dog’s head and supports its entire body for a nice nap. Of the three sizes, the last one or the Giant size would be the perfect one for your Irish Wolfhound.
- Specially calibrated for a large breed, the dog bed is pretty lightweight and portable.
- This cozy bed comes in four attractive colors.
- For sick dogs and senior dogs, the bed is perfect.
2. Frisco Pillow Cat & Dog Bed
This Frisco Pillow Cat & Dog Bed makes the naptime extra special for your Irish Wolfhound. The outer layer of the dog bed is either brown or khaki green for this model. The ultra-plush top layer of the bed is ideal for snoozing throughout the day.
- The exterior is made of faux suede material.
- This great dog bed is stuffed with polyester filling.
- This fluffy bed features a step-on design.
3. Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed
This circular Best Friends by Sheri, The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Cat & Dog Bed, keep your Irish Wolfhound warm and cozy all through the year. The bolsters, situated at the edge of the pet bed, create a sense of protection and safety for your dog. This dog bed’s best feature is its insulation layer, which uses the dog’s body heat to keep the bed warm.
- This round bed also provides orthopedic support to adult dogs.
- This dryer-safe bed can accommodate dogs of any breed.
- The entire bed is constructed with faux-shag material.
4. FurHaven NAP Ultra Plush Orthopedic Deluxe Cat & Dog Bed
This premium quality FurHaven NAP Ultra Plush Orthopedic Deluxe Cat & Dog Bed gives your Irish Wolfhound the most comfortable and restful sleep. The manufacturers have used egg crate foam for this particular model. This incredibly soft dog bed disperses the pressure and weight equally in the entire pet bed.
- Because of the faux fur, it is very soft and pleasing to touch.
- It comes with an additional cover.
- For easy cleaning, you can hand wash its core.
5. K&H Pet Products Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed
This K&H Pet Products Orthopedic Bolster Cat & Dog Bed is one of the most sought after dog beds for its superior quality and comfort. This unique dog bed comprises a medical-grade orthopedic foam along with surrounding bolsters. This eco-friendly dog kit also uses recycled plastic bottles for filling.
- The use of velvet makes the sleeping surface extra comfortable.
- The warranty is there for at least a year.
- The additional cover is removable.
Dog Beds For Irish Wolfhound Buyer’s Guide
Tall and well-muscled Irish Wolfhounds serve wonderfully as a family companion. These easy-going yet sensitive Irish Wolfhounds pass their time barking, digging, and chasing other animals. This extraordinary breed of dog traces its root back in the ancient Roman empire. Their most noted role in the ancient era was as a war dog. With the passing centuries, the modern Irish Wolfhounds have found their peace at their owner’s home. For such a loyal hound dog, you need to buy a comfy dog bed where it can curl up whenever it needs to.
Types of dog bed
Some beds are elevated, while others are pillow beds. You can also shop for sofa-like dog beds. A few dog beds are designed for travel purposes only. You can place a large pillow bed in your car seat while out for the vet visit or grooming appointments. Other than these, orthopedic beds and heating pad attached beds are quite popular. As the name suggests, orthopedic dog beds are constructed for senior dogs only who suffer from arthritis frequently.
The addition of heating pads and cooling gels makes the beds extra comfortable in cold nights and hot summer evenings respectively. It’s up to you whether you want to buy a special dog bed or a regular one.
Material and filling
The majority of the dog bed manufacturers use good quality fabric for making the bed. The top layer needs to be soft, so you should go for plush material for this case. The outer layer can be made of any material, but in most of the cases it uses water-resistant fabrics to prevent accidents caused by slipping. For the filling, either polyester material or recycled plastic bottles are used. If you buy a sack bag, you don’t have to concern yourself over the filling. You can put any soft and fluffy dog items inside.
Shape and size
In most of the cases, dog beds are either round-shaped or a quadrilateral. But some manufacturers are bringing to the market donut-shaped, egg-shaped ones. Covered dog beds are no longer a new concept.
No matter what dog bed you buy, it should be spacious enough to accommodate the entire body of your Irish Wolfhound. Don’t look any smaller size than large and extra-large. If you face any problem, do reach us. We are only a comment away to help you with your Irish Wolfhound’s dog bed.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Training Book for Irish Wolfhounds