While Labradors are active and energetic dogs, they may suffer from health issues, including joint problems and hip dysplasia. This is why a good dog bed is necessary for your lab. In addition, Labradors can have high weights, so it’s important that they don’t rest all their weight on a hard surface. The right dog bed for your Lab will also offer security, calm and safety and a place to go to rest if he or she becomes overwhelmed.
And last, especially in more senior dogs, a good bed for your Lab will provide the proper orthopedic support. Wondering what best is best for your Lab? Here are our top five.
Best Dog Beds for Labrador Retrievers
Here are our Labrador Retriever dog bed reviews.
BarksBar is an ideal bed for every age and stage of your Labrador. The human-grade orthopedic foam is perfect for seniors that need extra support or puppies that want to stretch out. This bed is easy to clean and is very portable.
- Cotton padded walls are designed to instantly contour the neck and head.
- The quilted gray, removable, machine washable cover compliments home decor.
- A non-slip rubber backing prevents the bed from sliding on hardwood floors and tile.
Friends Forever provides a cozy haven for your Labrador. This bed is made with baby mattress grade memory foam to cradle your pet. The cushioned poly-fill bolster provides your Labrador with exceptional comfort.
- The Friends Forever dog bed features a water-resistant liner and human-grade mattress foam.
- The soft, removable cover is machine-washable.
- A non-skid, non-slide bottom keeps your pet’s bed in place.
Barkbox is an orthopedic dog bed that is made of ergonomic memory foam and gel foam. This bed is designed to support your Labrador’s joints and frame. This bed is especially welcome for senior dogs that suffer from arthritis or hip dysplasia.
- Made from 100% pure pressure-relief memory foam.
- The cover is water-resistant and machine washable.
- This bed is designed for dogs that require therapeutic support.
The Villa Bagel dog bed is meant to cradle your pet in cozy comfort. The soft, comfortable construction provides orthopedic support for puppies to senior dogs. The stable design is constructed out of a cotton and polyester blend.
- The bolster on the pet beds allow for dogs to rest their head and help straighten their spines.
- The bed is stuffed with a premium high loft polyester fil and is fully machine washable.
- The round bagel is made of waterproof denier base for unwanted accidents or spills.
The Carhartt durable canvas bed is made from a firm hand cotton duck canvas for extra stength. These beds hold the Carhartt name and are created with as much care as the products made for humans. The bed is also made with high-quality materials, including the YKK zipper.
- Constructed from 100% imported cotton.
- The exterior shell is made with a water-repellent coating.
- The baffle constructed interior cushion allows the polyester fill to stay in place.
Labrador Retriever Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Your Labrador might be a wild adventurer, but he or she still needs a comfortable place to sleep. Labradors can get to be large dogs, so all that weight resting on a hard floor can cause injury and soreness to your pet. In addition, senior Labradors can develop health issues, like joint pain and hip dysplasia, so it’s important to find a bed that will support your pet’s weight and relieve pressure in sensitive areas. If you are looking to purchase a bed for your Labrador, consider these factors:
Look for beds that offer orthopedic support, this is just as important for Labrador puppies as it is for Labrador seniors. Beds that offer support for a Labrador’s head are ideal; look for a bed with bolsters or raised sides. Labrador beds that have memory foam mattress support can relieve pressure as it evenly spreads your pet’s weight across the mattress. This can eliminate injury or pain to dogs with hip dysplasia.
Dog beds that are machine washable will create a fresh smelling home and keep your pet’s space hygienic. Look for beds that have covers that can be placed in the washing machine or even entire beds that can be gently rinsed.
Non-toxic, natural materials
As your pet will be resting his or her head on bed, look for beds that are made from non-toxic, natural materials like cotton. Just as you would want to sleep on a bed with materials that will not cause respiratory injury, you want to ensure the same for your pet. Look for beds that tout natural materials in their product description.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Puppy Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Crate for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Brush for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Toys for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Labrador Retrievers