With an evident resemblance to Collie, the Shetland Sheepdogs are small-sized active herders. Sheltie sleeps for 12-18 hours in a day on average, depending on their age. It does not only restore their energy but plays a vital role in the emotional aspect. These gentle and affectionate species are near their humans, whether it is while sleeping or exercising.
If you do not want your Sheltie to sleep on your bed, you must buy him an appropriate alternative. And what could be better than a soft and secure dog bed? Considering your doubts regarding the same, here we have listed the reviews of the top five dog beds for Shetland Sheepdog.
Best Dog Beds for Shetland Sheepdogs
Here are our dog beds for Shetland Sheepdogs reviews.
With a quilted sleeping surface, the FurHaven Quilted Orthopaedic Bolster Dog Bed is an apt choice for older dogs and puppies. The medical-grade base reduces the strain on your older Shetland Sheepdog’s joints and provides them with almost weightless experience. Three-sided bolsters further enhance the comfort by providing a cushioned headrest and a secure den.
- Egg-crate foam provides with extra breathability
- One open side of the bolsters makes it easy to access.
- Machine washable and hence, easy to clean.
With the deep-sided rectangular design, the Frisco Rectangular Bolster Dog Bed provides a secure and cozy napping area to your Shetland Sheepdog. The cushioned bolsters increase the comfort level with a soft headrest. One lowered side makes it easy to step on and off for older dogs and small puppies.
- The polyester filling provides extra breathability and comfort with its fluffy composition.
- Soft plush material on the sleeping area and faux suede cover over the edges.
- Multiple size options to befit your Shetland Sheepdog at all ages.
With the protective round design, the Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Shag Vegan Fur Donut Cuddler Dog Bed provides your Sheltie with a secure and comfortable den. The orthopedic construction enhances comfort with its soft headrest. The faux suede cover keeps your Shetland Sheepdog cozy and warm during its napping time.
- Additional filling relieves the joints of older Shetland Sheepdog.
- Machine washable and dryer safe.
- Available in two color options.
The hallmark of the Aspen Pet Bolster Dog Bed is its self-warming technology. Without a wired connection, this intelligent design reflects your Shetland Sheepdog’s body heat and provides them with a cozy and warm shelter. The faux lambs wool plush material enhances the comfort and warmth of the bed.
- Lightweight and portable.
- No-slip bottom with better stability.
- The polyester filling provides extra breathability.
The portable construction of the Chuckit! Travel Pillow Dog Bed is appropriate for both travel and house utility. This high-quality dog bed is constructed with breathable filling and a soft plush cover. It comes with an extra stuff sack.
- Suitable for camping, car, and home.
- Machine washable and hence, easy to clean.
- Quick dry-out material.
Dog Beds For Shetland Sheepdogs Buyer’s Guide
A considerable amount of sleep maintains your Shetland Sheepdog’s health physically as well as emotionally. It is while sleeping that their wounds get healed, and they recover from sickness. A perfect dog bed is the one which keeps your Shetland Sheepdog warm and cozy during winters, provides a breathable napping area during summers, and bestow the puppies with a secure den. Following that, we have derived the pros and cons of various factors that influence your purchase for a dog bed for your Shetland Sheepdog.
We suggest you look for a cost-effective product rather than an inexpensive one. Fix your budget in the initial phase and look for a dog bed with maximum comfort within that limited cost.
A dog bed with polystyrene filling and the plush cover is considered as the most comfortable option for your Sheltie. While the plush cover provides your Shetland Sheepdog with a soft and cozy sleeping spot, the polystyrene filling increases the breathability for enhanced comfort. The bolsters of the respective dog bed are better covered with faux leather to ensure its durability and that it doesn’t get tore while your Shetland Sheepdog is getting on and off the bed.
Bolstered beds- As the name suggests, the three-sided bolsters are the hallmark of this type of bed. The bolsters not only provide a comfortable headrest but also bestows your Shetland Sheepdog with a sense of security. Avoid four-sided bolstered beds as it will get difficult for your small and older Shetland Sheepdog to get in and out of it. Most of the bolsters are covered with faux suede leather for extra durability. The sleeping area of such beds is plush based with polyester stuffing.
- Pillow beds: The basic and the easiest option to choose pillow beds are the perfect choice if you want to remain on the safe side. An appropriate pillow bed has a step on design with a plush cover and polystyrene filling for enhanced comfort and breathability.
- Orthopedic beds: A specialized design for the older pets, orthopedic beds is also suitable for your Shetland Sheepdog of other ages. It provides almost a weightless experience and reduces the strain over their joints. Most of the orthopedic beds come with bolstered edges for added comfort. The polyester filling and faux suede cover make it a comfortable as well as a durable choice.
- Elevated beds: We do not consider this type of bed as a secure option for your Sheltie. Though it provides maximum breathability, it may compromise with the safety of your Shetland Sheepdog.
The size of a dog bed plays one of the most critical roles in deciding whether your Sheltie will like its new den or not. While a larger size may make them feel secluded, a smaller one can cause them discomfort. You can go for one size larger as it will provide extra room for your Shetland Sheepdog to stretch their arms. Considering the circumstances mentioned above, we suggest you measure your Shetland Sheepdog before initiating your purchase.
The designers include extra features in the dog beds for enhanced comfort as well as durability. The step-on design in pillow beds and three-sided bolsters in the bolstered or orthopedic beds ensures that your Sheltie can access it easily at every age. Some dog beds come with a self-warming technology, either by reflecting the dog’s body heat or theory wired connection. It provides your Shetland Sheepdog with extra warmth during winters.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shetland Sheepdogs
- Best Training Book for Shetland Sheepdogs