The Shih Tzu is a loyal family dog who loves to snuggle up on a lap or next to their owner. The bed that you select for your Shih Tzu will hopefully provide a sense of calm and comfort, especially when you need to be out of the home. Because Shih Tzus are prone to hip dysplasia, a bed that offers support is going to be extremely important.
Shih Tzus also may suffer from breathing issues because of their compact face and breathing passages, so a bed that is the right size and offers some side support for their heads is ideal. Because the proper bed can contribute to your Shih Tzu’s longevity, it’s important to select the right bed for your beloved pet.
Best Dog Beds for Shih Tzus
Here are our Shih Tzu dog bed reviews.
The Aspen Oval Cuddler provides comfort and a tailored fit for Shih Tzus. The bolstered walls provide orthopedic support. The polyester filling adds to the warm and cozy comfort.
- The Aspen is machine washable and sized for the standard washer.
- The lightweight polyester allows for easy transportation.
- The bolstered walls provide orthopedic support for senior pets and a safe place for puppies to rest their heads.
The Best Friends by Sheri wraps your Shih Tzu in total comfort. This bed supports better sleep and provides warmth. Best Friends also has high walls which promotes a sense of security.
- Stuffed with AirLOFT fibers, these puppy beds are non-toxic and keep their shape.
- The high 12” rear bolster helps ease joint pain, while the 9” front delivers head, neck and extra orthopedic support.
- This bed is machine washable and dryer safe with a waterproof bottom.
The Furhaven pet dog bed offers orthopedic support and style for your Shih Tzu. This bed is available in multiple sizes and comes in 23 different colors! This bed is perfect for your Shih Tzu puppy and your Shih Tzu senior.
- The egg crate foam base helps to evenly distribute body weight.
- The recycled fluffy railing provides orthopedic support.
- The dog bed cover is completely machine washable!
The Pet Tent offers security and comfort in a small package. The contemporary shape matches the decor, while the premium materials and quality construction stand up to even aggressive chewing Shih Tzus. The tent house is easy to disassemble.
- Polyfoam molds to your Shih Tzu’s favorite position every time.
- The cuddle inducing pillow is perfect for those pets that like to burrow.
- These beds are built to last for the entire life of your Shih Tzu.
The Blueberry bolster lounger is made for your lounge lizard Shih Tzu. The bolsters are overstuffed with fiber batting and stitched onto the pad to prevent shifting. Available in multiple colors, there’s a Blueberry bed to match your decor.
- The washable cover can be in a machine wash on a delicate or gentle cycle.
- The high quality YKK zipper makes it easy to remove the cover.
- The classic color block design makes it easy to find one to fit your decor.
Shih Tzu Dog Bed Buyer’s Guide
Shih Tzus love to lounge; especially on your lap. But if that’s not an option, a dog bed that is placed near you or your family will be ideal. Because Shih Tzus do suffer from health issues, it’s important to select a bed that will support your pet. This means beds that will support joint issues and beds that can aid in breathing. Are you looking for a bed and wondering what to consider? Here’s what we suggest:
Beds with sides for support
Dog beds that provide a level of orthopedic support are essential, whether you are searching for your Shih Tzu puppy or senior. Look for beds that have walled bolsters and are stuffed with high-quality materials, like memory foam. A raised place where your Shih Tzu can place his head is ideal and will help in any breathing issues. Also foundations which help distribute your pet’s weight will aid those Shih Tzus that suffer from joint issues.
Shih Tzus love to be near their owners. Look for a bed that is lightweight enough that you can move it or transport it easily. Beds that can fit into crates, or carried from living room to bedroom are ideal. This will help reduce any separation anxiety that you pet might have when you are away from them.
It’s important to find a bed that is washable, especially for hygienic purposes. Look for beds that have washable covers and that can fit in a standard washing machine. Because Shih Tzus do have high allergies and skin issues, it’s important to keep their beds clean and washed.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Food for Shih Tzus
- Best Puppy Food for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Crate for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Brush for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Toys for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Collar for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Harness for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shih Tzus
- Best Dog Shampoo for Shih Tzus