Best Dog Beds for Chihuahuas
Here are our Chihuahua dog bed reviews.
The Best Friends Shag Dog Bed is made entirely cruelty free and vegan approved for your Chihuahua to relax on. With a raised rim, this bed allows your pup to choose how they lay and what makes them the most comfortable. The durable nylon and faux fur makes the bed sturdy but comfortable for your dog.
- Cruelty free materials and vegan approved dog bed design
- Raised rim design is for dogs who prefer various lying positions
- Nylon and faux fur give a durable but soft bed to your Chihuahua
The Friends Forever Lounge Sofa Dog Bed is designed with a raised back to give your Chihuahua support in their older age or just for their comfort. The cover is removable for an easy cleaning experience. The liner is water resistant and when paired with the human grade memory foam mattress, it makes an all around good dog bed.
- Raised back like a lounge sofa for your dog’s comfort
- Removable cover is made for your cleaning convenience
- Water resistant liner and firm but soft memory foam make this bed great for your Chihuahua
The Petmate Pet Bed is made in the classic donut shape for your Chihuahua who loves to curl up when they lay down. The bed is made from high quality ingredients such as polyester for the best dog bed. For those busy pet parents this bed is machine washable for your cleaning convenience.
- Classic donut shape supports back and joints of your Chihuahua
- High quality materials are used, polyesters and cotton, among others
- Machine washable for your cleaning convenience
The Furhaven Oval Cuddler Pet Bed comes in seventeen unique styles and six sizes for your choice of pet bed. The soft foam walls cradle your Chihuahua as they drift off and support their joints in sleep. Both the bed cover and the insert cushion are completely machine washable for your cleaning convenience.
- Seventeen styles and six sizes for a wide variety of choices
- Soft walls are made to support joints in dog’s sleep
- Dog bed cover and the insert cushion are washable
The Blueberry Pet Heavy Duty Dog Bed is made with your Chihuahua’s comfort and your wallet in mind, with durable walls and a soft cover. The bed has a removable and washable cover for your cleaning convenience. With a blend of cotton, linen and polyester this bed is comfortable but sturdy.
- Made for dog’s comfort but easy on your wallet
- Removable cover is machine washable for your cleaning ease
- Cotton, Linen and Polyester are combined for a soft but tough dog bed
Chihuahua Dog Bed Buying Guide
Now that you’ve seen some of the dog beds available for you to choose from, you have a better idea of what features there are on the market. When buying a bed for your Chihuahua always be sure to measure your dog before purchasing a bed as to get the accurate size for your pup. If your dog has allergies then you should look into materials that are made to repel dust mites or similar allergens for them to sleep peacefully. Now that I’ve gone over the basic information I will go go more in depth on some of the terms used when searching for a pet bed.
The term hypoallergenic is used widely in various product lines, but in the terms of pet beds it means the materials used in the bed are picked for their quality of being less likely to cause allergic reactions in your Chihuahua. These materials generally repel the dust mites and other things in the air away from the bed, making it perfect for dogs with allergies.
If your Chihuahua has joint issues or Arthritis then this is the bed to get for them. Orthopedic means the bed is designed to support aches or relieve joint pain, usually with a specialized foam that presses down onto the areas that are out of place. Sometimes gel infused foam is a feature as well, which is even better and I will explain what gel infused foam is below.
Gel Infused Foam
Gen infused foam is exactly what it sounds like, but the reason it is so nice is because it regulates the temperature of the foam. For example, if you live in a hot area and the heat bothers your dog’s joints the gel will keep it cool and comfy for your Chihuahua. Likewise in cold weather the gel will retain the natural body heat of your dog.
When you see this feature it is always a bonus for the busy Chihuahua owner. Having a removable cover makes cleaning so much easier, but before you buy it always be sure to check if it is machine washable as well. While it is easier to hand wash a removable cover than it is to try to spot clean the beds with non removable covers, it is frustrating to buy something only to be disappointed later.
Water resistant is slowly becoming more common in dog bed liners or covers thanks to an increase in dog’s becoming outside dogs. Having a bed that is water resistant is especially nice for those pups, because you don’t have to worry about the water building in the bed and causing your Chihuahua problems.
Non Slip Bottom
Non Slip texturing on the bottom of a dog bed is a great addition but not a vital need. If you’ve ever seen a dog go running full speed ahead into their bed only to spin off and slam into the wall you know why this was made a feature. If you have an elderly Chihuahua then it is even more important as an unexpected slide can cause injuries.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Elevated Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Pillow Dog Bed
- Best Covered Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Small Dog Bed
- Best Large Dog Bed
- Best Travel Dog Bed
- Best Heavy Duty Dog Bed
- Best Senior Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Houses
- Best Dog Crates for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Brush for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Food for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Collar for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Toys for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Harness for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chihuahuas
- Dog Shampoo for Chihuahuas
- Best Puppy Food for Chihuahuas