In this guide, we’ll share some helpful insights that you can use to select the very best dog boots that will suit the needs of your furry friend; but first, we would like to share our top picks for the best dog boots.
We scoured the market and assessed dozens of dog booties. We took a number of factors into consideration and also read through countless reviews. Based on our findings, we were able to narrow down the seemingly endless options to five dog booties that we think are the very best.
Best Dog Boots
|1. Kurgo Step N Strobe Dog Shoes||99%|
|2. My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes||96%|
|3. Pawz Water-Proof Dog Boot||93%|
|4. Ethical Pet Extreme All Weather Boots for Dogs||89%|
|5. Ethical Pet Arctic Fleece Boots for Dogs||85%|
1. Kurgo Step N Strobe Dog Shoes
The first option on our list of the best boots for dogs is the Kurgo Step N Strobe Dog Shoes. These babies will keep your pup’s food protected from just above anything that they could come into contact with; snow, salt, ice, heat, jagged rocks; you name it, these boots have got your furry friend’s feet covered.
They’ll also help him maintain his grip on uneven surfaces, whether you’re hiking through the wilderness (don’t forget to bring along some cooling vests for dogs if it’s hot out!), or just popping him in his dog harness for a walk through the neighborhood.
These boots feature durable anti-slip rubber-grip bottoms for traction control and protection. The breathable tight-weave mesh fabric will prevent your pup’s feet from getting too hot, and the synthetic leather uppers add even more durability. They’re lightweight, so they’ll be easy for your pet to walk in, and they can be adjusted to achieve the perfect size.
These boots are also water resistant and attach securely with a premium quality hook and loop closure, so if you’re pooch is fetching water toys for dogs, there’s no need to worry about them falling off or your pup’s feet getting wet. What really stands out is the red and green LED lights on the soles and the reflective trim, so you – and anyone else – can spot your dog easily at night. These boots are also backed by a lifetime warranty.
What We Like About It
- All-weather boots
- Lightweight material
- Water resistant
- Non-slip bottoms
- LED lights and reflectors for easy visibility
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Most pet parents said that they were very pleased with the product
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that they had problems with the sizing
- Others said that they that the LED lights weren’t necessary
- The price is a little high
Final Verdict: The Kurgo Step N Strobe Dog Shoes are not only extremely functional, they are super adorable. They’ll keep your pup’s feet protected in all types of weather and in all sorts of environments.Check Price on Amazon
2. My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes
Whether you have a Golden retriever, Labrador retriever, Beagle, or Bloodhound that hunts along side of you, or you have a Husky, German shepherd, Pomeranian, or any other breed that likes to play in the snow or go on long hikes, the My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes will help to keep his feet protected.
These dog boots feature a durable, anti-slip sole for added traction and stability and will safeguard your pooch from heat, snow, salt, and jagged objects. All materials are waterproof, and they’re sewn together, not glued, so they’ll be able to stand up to the most rugged wear and tear. The boots are easy to put on and take off, and the adjustable flaps (which feature reflective material) allow you to get the most comfortable fit.
These dog booties are available in a variety of sizes, and there are several colors to choose from, including red, black, green, and orange. They’re also great for protecting your floors from scratches. If your pet’s nails scratch up your floors, despite using nail clippers for dogs to give him regular pedicures, just pop these boots on and say goodbye to those scratches and scuff marks.
What We Like About Them
- Sewn, not glued, for added durability
- Water resistant
- Thick, durable, anti-slip soles
- Reflective material for easy visibility
- Easy to put on and take off
- Adjustable closure
- Several and colors to choose from
- Made in the USA by a small, family-owned business
- Affordable price tag
Reasons to Complain
- Some users said that they were a bit too heavy
- Others said that their pups’ weren’t comfortable wearing them
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for all-weather, water resistant, anti-slip, durable, and affordable dog shoes, My Busy Dog Water Resistant Dog Shoes is a great choice. They’re very well made, easy to use, and according to most pet parents, very comfortable.Check Price on Amazon
3. Pawz Water-Proof Dog Boot
If you are on the market for a pair of basic, no-frills boots for your dog, than the Pawz Water-Proof Dog Boot is a great choice to consider. Unlike the other dog booties featured in this review, these aren’t flashy in any way; however, just because they are basic, that doesn’t mean that they aren’t effective. These boots do exactly what they’re supposed to: protect your furry friend’s feet.
These booties are made of all natural rubber and they are 100 percent biodegradable. They’re advertised as the “world’s only disposable and reusable water-proof dog boot”, so if you do decide to toss them, you won’t have to worry about the impact they’ll have on the environment.
Because they’re made of rubber, they’re super waterproof and they provide great traction control. The soles aren’t thick or padded, which means that your pooch will be able to feel the ground, so he will feel safe and secure wearing these boots. They’re lightweight, too. In fact, Pawz booties are more like a sock than a boot.
There aren’t any straps or zippers to contend with; just slip them on your furry pal and he’ll be ready to go! These booties are available in sizes xx-small to x-large, so whether you have an English Toy spaniel, a French bulldog, a Shibu Inu, a West Highland White Terrier, a Saint Bernard, a Chow Chow, or a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, you’ll be able to find a pair that will fit him just right.
Each package of Pawz comes with 12 booties, and the price is super affordable, making them the most economically friendly dog booties on our list. They’re also available in a variety of colors, such as red, blue, green, orange, and purple.
What We Like About Them
- Reusable and disposable
- Made of 100 percent all natural, biodegradable rubber
- Protects from all elements
- Easy to put on
- Improves traction control
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that they think these boots are different from the same brand that they purchased at the pet store
- Others said that they had issues with sizing
Final Verdict: If you’re looking for practical, functional, environmentally friendly, and economical dog booties, Paws Water-Proof Dog Boots should definitely suit your needs. They’re reusable and disposable, comfortable, basic, and get the job done.Check Price on Amazon
4. Ethical Pet Extreme All Weather Boots for Dogs
Next up on our list of the best dog booties is this option from Ethical Pet. Their Extreme All Weather Boots for Dogs are super affordable and offer everything that you need for a pair of basic dog boots. These boots are constructed of a lightweight water resistant nylon shell that is lined with polyester polar fleece to keep your pooch’s feet cozy and warm.
The durable and anti-slip bottoms offer great protection from cold, heat, ice, salt, and jagged surfaces. The adjustable hook and loop closure makes them easy to put on a take off and allows you to get the right fit. Reflective material on the top will ensure that your furry best friend is visible in the dark. Based on the reviews that we read, most of the customers who have used these boots are very happy with them.
What We Like About Them
- Affordably priced
- Lightweight nylon shell
- Polar fleece lining for added warmth
- Keeps feet protected in all weather and environments
- Reflective material for visibility
- Adjustable closure
- Easy to put on and take off
Reasons to Complain
- Some users said that they had problems with the sizing
- Others said that they didn’t hold up as well as they had hoped
Final Verdict: The Ethical Pet Extreme All Weather Boots for Dogs are a basic, yet functional (and adorable) pair of dog booties. They’ll keep your puppy’s toes warm and protected, and the price is great, too!Check Price on Amazon
5. Ethical Pet Arctic Fleece Boots for Dogs
If your primary purpose of purchasing boots for your dog is to protect your floors and prevent slipping, or you’re looking for Christmas presents for dogs, than the Ethical Pet Arctic Fleece Boots for Dogs will do just the trick. These boots are designed for indoor use. They’re made of 100 percent comfortable and warm polyester polar fleece.
The bottoms are covered with a non-skid PVC material, so your pup won’t slip and slid around those hardwood or tiled floors. Thanks to the elastic strip, they’re easy to put on and take off, and you can adjust the size to get the right fit. These dog booties are available in four sizes; x-small, small, medium, and large.
Most of the reviews that we read were positive, as many pet parents said that they served their intended purpose of preventing slipping and protecting floors. Customers were also very pleased with the price.
What We Like About Them
- Made of 100 percent polyester polar fleece
- Adjustable elastic strap
- Non-skid PVC sole
- Easy to put on and take off
- Affordable price
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers noted that they had issues with the sizing
- Others said that they didn’t last very long
Final Verdict: With the Ethical Pet Arctic Boots for Dogs, you’ll be able to stop your dog from slipping and sliding while he walks inside; you’ll also be able to protect your floors from those puppy paws and claws.Check Price on Amazon
6. QUMY Dog Boots
The QUMY Dog Boots are made from high quality fabrics and rubber to ensure your dog’s paws stay safe on your walks no matter the weather. Coming in a variety of sizes and colors, these boots will look great while keeping your pup warm. They are waterproof for extra protection and comfort.
- Soles have excellent grip and traction on icy roads
- Straps are made up of velcro for easy securing
- Each set comes with four boots, in colors red or black
7. WINSOON Dog Australia Boots
The WINSOON Dog Australia Boots are made from the highest fabrics for your pup’s comfort. The insides are lined with faux fur for warmth while outside is sturdy enough to handle most terrains. These boots are made for puppies or small dogs, not for any medium to large breeds.
- Rubber soles are high quality and built to protect your pets paws
- Comes in four different colors for you to choose from
- Remember to take cotton inserts out of shoes before putting on
8. EXPAWLORER Waterproof Dog Boots
The EXPAWLORER Dog Boots are made to withstand any season of walks or terrain. He grooved soles allow for better gripping on icy roads or sidewalks. The fabric is sturdy while being breathable for hot weather and protects feet against burning.
- The shoes comes in eight sizes for any breed of dog
- Straps are reflective, better safety for night walks
- Boots are flexible and allow natural movement in dogs
9. HaveGet Waterproof Dog Shoes
The HaveGet Dog Shoes are designed for walking your four legged friend in any weather. The material is sturdy and made for even the wettest or coldest conditions. The shoes are easy to put on and take off for even the most wiggly dogs.
- The soles are made from the highest quality rubber to be durable
- Material locks out moisture from snow or rain and is anti molding
- The boots come in seven sizes to fit any breed
10. ROTANET Dog Shoes
The ROTANET Dog Shoes are made for either indoor or outdoor use. The fabric is sturdy enough to protect your pet against glass, sharp rocks or hot cement while still being comfortable. You can use the boots for indoor use to protect your hardwood floors from your pup’s sharp claws as they run around,.
- Design has two adjustable straps to better fit shoes to your pooch
- Sole is anti slip for icy walks or hardwood floors
- Perfect size for smaller dogs, coming in red or black
11. PUPWE Dog Booties
The PUPWE Dog Booties are excellent for running shoes for your pooch with high quality fabric for durability. These boots are good for any weather from rain to snow with their sturdy soles. The boots come in many sizes for any dog breed you have.
- Fashionable design looks nice while being sturdy
- Material is water resistant for walks in the rain and snow
- The soles are made from durable rubber that is anti slip for safety
12. Xanday Dog Boots
The Xanday Dog Boots are specially made dog shoes to be used for any weather from extreme heat to icy cold. The fabric used is high quality and durable, made for long usage. Shoes have gripping soles for better traction and anti slip on ice.
- Comes in seven sizes for whichever breed of dog you have
- Completely water proof to protect pup’s paws against snow and rain
- Shoes are easy to take off and put on
13. ZeroTone Warm Dog Snow Boots
The ZeroTone Pet Snow Boots are designed for smaller pets such as cats or toy breeds. The fabric is warm and sturdy for both comfort and strength on walks. The shoes soles are made of high quality rubber, making them anti skid and offering better grip on hardwood.
- Comes in five different sizes for your choosing
- A wide array of colors and styles for you to peruse
- These boots work for every type of weather and terrain
14. Pihappy Dog Boots
The Pihappy Dog Boots come in a variety of sizes and colors to match your pet’s needs. With the anti skid and slip bottom, these boots are safer for your pup to use during winter walks. The insides are lined with faux fur to better keep their paws warm.
- The boots come in five sizes (extra small to extra large) for any breed
- The boots are easy to take off and put on for on the go walks
- Made from sturdy fabric to ensure both comfort and durability
15. Bark Brite New Lightweight Neoprene Paw Protector Dog Boots
The Bark Brite Dog Boots are designed for your dog’s comfort and protection. Made from light weight neoprene fabric, the shoes are breathable with holes lining the feet. Along with being light, the fabric is built to protect your pup’s paws during hot walks or on rough terrain.
- The boots come in five sizes, for any breed of dog
- Designed to be movable, the shoes aren’t stiff and allow your pup to move naturally
- Two stripes of reflective material allow for safer night walks
16. Ruffwear Dog Boots
The Ruffwear Dog Boots are designed for your dog’s comfort in colder weather. The boots are insulated with soft but sturdy fabric throughout. The fabric is windproof to keep the chill out of your puppy’s paws.
- Soles are made of durable rubber for protection
- Has eight different size choices for your dog’s best fit
- Water resistant and mold resistant shoes
17. HiPaw Water Resistant Dog Boots
HiPaw Dog Boots are designed to protect your pet’s paws from the harsh cold of snow and ice while still remaining comfortable. The boots cover a portion of the legs instead of only the paws for better protection against the cold and wet. The boots are made of high quality fabric and rubber for your pup’s protection.
- Soles are made from high quality rubber and offer traction on ice
- Comes in four sizes for varying breeds of dogs
- Has the options of black or blue for your choice
18. PK.ZTopia Dog Boots
The PK.ZTopia Dog Boots are made to protect your pup’s feet from rain, debris and hot cement. The design is made to protect against glass or sharp rocks with high quality rubber soles and durable fabric. The material is soft and breathable for your dog’s comfort during hot weather.
- Easy to put on and take off even the most rambunctious dogs
- Straps are reflective for safer night time walks
- Inner material is velvet for yout pup’s comfort
19. LLNstore Dog Shoes
The LLNstore Dog Shoes is designed to protect your pet’s paws against the icy snow during winter. The fabric is wind resistant to stop the chill from getting into their paws as well as water resistant for the same reason. The boots are easy to put on and take off on the go.
- Soles are made to protect paws and offer anti slip on ice
- Straps are reflective for safer night walks
- All materials are high quality to ensure safety
20. YILEGOU Dog Shoes
The YILEGOU Dog Shoes are both fashionable and workable for your dog’s walking needs. The straps are adjustable and made from a light brown suede like the rest of the boot. The bottom soles are made from a tough rubber for anti skid and slip, best for winter walks.
- Comes in five varying sizes for any dog breed
- These boots are just as good for hot pavement as icy temperatures
- The straps are great for fitting the boots especially to your dog
21. YAODHAOD Dog Boots
The YAODHAOD Dog Boots are designed to offer your pup the best protection against the weather and rough terrain on walks. The rubber soles guarantee anti skid on icy roads for safety. These boots are great for night walks with their reflective stripes.
- These boots are made for small dogs only
- Oxford fabric is waterproof for protecting your dog
- Can be used for small cats or dogs
22. Lymenden Dog Boots
The Lymenden Dog Boots are designed with you dog’s comfort in mind, no matter what weather you are walking in these boots have you covered. Adjustable straps make tightening the shoes easy and convenient for you pup. The shoes are made from all quality materials.
- Reflective stripes make night walks a dream
- Material is light and soft to the touch
- Comes in eight sizes to best fit your pup
23. JunBo 4Pcs Dog Shoes
The JunBo Dog Shoes come in a variety of sizes to best fit your individual pooch’s need. The design is made for safety with a reflective stripe, making night walks better. Materials the shoes are made from are all top quality for the best result.
- Water and wind resistant for your pooch’s comfort
- Anti skid or slip soles made of rubber
- Easy to take off and put on, even for difficult dogs
24. petacc Dog Boots
The petacc Dog Boots are suitable for all weather conditions, from hot cement to icy snow. The fabric and materials used are all heavy duty for the best durability possible. The design is made to be easy to take off and put on, even for the most wiggly dogs.
- Boots are shaped like paws for a unique and cute design
- Coming in three different sizes for various dog breeds
- Soles are non slip, best for icy roads and sidewalks
25. BINGPET Dog Boots
The BINGPET Dog Boots are adjustable shoes made for any type of weather while walking your pooch. The sturdy soles guarantee long usage and safety for your pet’s paws. These boots are easy to put on your pooch and take off with little to no hassle.
- Reflective straps are good for extra safe night walks
- Comes in four sizes to fit any breed of dog
- Gripping soles are best for anti skid and slide
26. HIPIPET Dog Boots
The HIPIPET Dog Boots are made to protect dogs during walks in the extreme heat or on rough terrain. The fabric is sturdy and breathable to better insulate your pet’s paws while still being long lasting. The boots have reflective stripes on them for better safety during night walks.
- Comes in four sizes for medium and large dogs
- Rubber soles are high quality and anti slip
- Made of mesh and leather combo for comfort and durability
27. URBEST Dog Winter Shoes
The URBEST Dog Shoes are designed to be used for any type of weather, form heat to snow. The high quality fabric is breathable while still being warm enough for cold weather. The water resistant fabric makes rain walks easier than ever before
- Comes in six sizes for a variety of dog breeds
- Inside fabric is lined with suede for pet’s comfort
- Rubber soles offer protection against rough terrain and hot asphalt
28. Riccioofy Dog Shoes
The Riccioofy Dog Shoes are made for smaller breeds of animals or for puppies, do not buy for medium to large dogs. Adjustable straps let you tighten the shoes as needed onto your companion. The quality materials used to make the boots ensure your dog’s feet stay protected.
- Good for dogs or cats of small sizes
- Easy to put on and take off with straps
- Durable sole protects against natural elements and glass
29. Zeraty Dog Boots
The Zeraty Dog Boots are made for medium to large dogs and come in five smaller sizes for you to choose what best fits your pooch. Built with high quality materials and fabric, these shoes are ideal for you pooch’s walks in rain or shine,.
- Reflective straps are good for safer night walks
- Anti slip or skid sole is good for ice
- Material is a double layered mesh for breathability
30. YILEGOU Dog Shoes Puppy Boots
The YILEGOU Puppy Boots are adorable boots made for snowy walks and icy weather. The adjustable straps make for a more precise fit on your pooch. These shoes can also be used for everyday walks to protect feet from harmful debris or hot sidewalks.
- Easy to put on and take off of even the most difficult pup
- Comes in five varying sizes for most dog breeds
- Can be used as outside shoes to reduce mud tracked into the house
Dog Boots Buyer’s Guide
Besides being absolutely adorable, dog shoes are actually very functional. Just like your shoes protect your feet, so do boots for dogs; they cover their pads, preventing them from being damaged by jagged rocks or frostbitten by snow and ice. They also serve another practical purpose: they can protect delicate floors from canine claws. Plus, we dare you not to go ga-ga when your pooch is wearing a super cute pair of winter dog boots paired with a dog sweater, or a pair sweet rain boots with a dog raincoat (and you thought your pup couldn’t get any cuter!)
It’s also your job to protect your pup from possible harm as best you possibly can. Believe it or not, dog boots can be a great tool for protecting the furriest member of your family. Are dog boots really practical? What type of features should you look for in booties for dog? Find the answers to these questions below.
Why You Need the Best Dog Boots
Many people are under the assumption that canines don’t require shoes. They’re feet are naturally designed to handle all types of surfaces and temperatures, right? Wrong! While it is true that your dog’s feet are tougher than yours, they can be harmed. Hot pavement can scorch their pads and ice and snow can freeze them. Thorns, glass, and jagged rocks can slice through their feet. Rocks and salt can get trapped between their pads. Since dog boots can shield your pup’s feet from these types of dangers, they really are a practical investment.
Not only can the best boots for dogs safeguard your pooch’s feet, but they can also protect your floors. Even well-manicured nails can do damage to delicate hardwood floors, scratch tile, and pull the fibers in carpeting. By covering your pet’s feet with boots, you can preserve the floors in your home.
Things to Consider
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before you choose a pair of boots for your pooch. By considering the following, you’ll be able to find a pair of shoes that will meet your furry pal’s needs:
- It goes without saying that your dog’s boots need to fit him properly. If they’re too small, they’ll pinch his feet, and if they’re too big, they’ll keep falling off. To determine what size shoes he wears, find out the length and width of his feet by tracing them on a piece of paper and measuring the print. Compare the measurement to the size chart of the boots you are considering. The best boots for dogs will offer size charts to ensure you find a pair that fits properly.
- What are you purchasing boots for? Are they to protect his feet from the cold? Do they need to be waterproof? Consider the intended purpose of the boots to help you choose a design that will meet the needs of your pup.
- Lastly, you should take into consideration how the shoes go on and come off. The best boots for dogs will feature hook and loop closures. Not only do they make it easy to put the boots on and take them off, but they also allow you to adjust the size to get the best fit.
Dog Boot Review Conclusion
Dog boots aren’t just adorable; they really are functional. Whether you’re looking for booties that will protect your furry friend’s feet from the elements or booties that will safeguard your floors from scratches, you’ll find a pair that will suit your specific needs in this review.
- Best Dog Sweaters
- Best Dog Cooling Vests
- Best Dog Costumes
- Best Dog Clothing
- Best Dog Pajamas
- Best Dog Raincoats
- Best Dog Socks
- Best Dog Coats