Best Dog Brushes for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog brush reviews.
The Martha Stewart detangling brush gently brushes away loose hair and dander while evenly distributing oil across your pet. This brush is ideal for more mature dogs, as it is gentle. The adjustable hand strap provides a comfortable fit for every groomer. The small brush feels more like a petting motion than a brushing movement.
- The massaging motions stimulate natural oil production for a shiny coat.
- The Martha Stewart dog brush is made with an adjustable hand strap.
- This brush is made with soft natural bristles, which remove shedding hair and debris as well as follow the form of your pet’s body.
The Mars Professional grooming brush is German engineered to last for years. Real black wild boar bristles distribute oil and softly clean your dog’s hair. The beechwood handle is durable and lacquered to last.
- Handle made from beech wood and stained with lacquer to ensure durability.
- Mars Professional features a rubber cushion with pure black boar bristles.
- Mars features German quality engineering.
The Chris Christensen dog brush is considered a top of the line, high-quality soft bristle brush. This brush stimulates hair and skin follicles for a healthy coat. And this soft bristle brush distributes natural oils into the coat for a fantastic shine.
- Made with eight rows of natural boar bristles.
- The bristles are .75-inches long.
- The brush features a comfortable, lightweight Beech Wood handle and measures about 8.75-inch body length.
Bamboo Groom is an ergonomic brush made of natural boar bristles. Each Bamboo Groom is carefully made by hand to ensure that your pet has enjoyable grooming experiences. The ergonomic handles and cushioned grip support pads ease the discomfort of frequent grooming.
- Bamboo Groom is handcrafted and then polished with a natural oil to deliver a smooth, water resistant finish.
- The brush features an ergonomic design and elastic band.
- Bamboo Groom measures 3.25 inches wide x 4 inches tall
Australian Shepherd Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
With their thick coats, Australian Shepherds are notorious for shedding and getting tangles in their fur. L for the following features in a brush for your Australian Shepherd in order to keep them comfortable and excess dog hair off your furniture:
Fur-shedding Brush Head.
Brushing a dog that sheds a lot will cause shedded fur to clump up on your brush and make the task very difficult. Avoid having to clean out your brush constantly when tending your dog’s coat by finding a brush that self-cleans. Usually this is by mechanism of a lever which retracts the tines of the brush, allowing you to shake off the clump of hair and get right back to brushing.
Longer brush tines.
As a long-haired dog, Australian Shepherds require brushes that can catch hair and detangle it—or remove it when it’s shedded—which requires the tines to penetrate the dog’s coat down to the skin. Look for a brush with tines at least 1.5 inches long to make sure that brushing your dog is effective and efficient.
With their luxuriant coats, Australian Shepherds can be challenging for flimsy brushes. Over time and use, either the brush handle or the brush tines may break. If your brush has stronger tines, however, it will be able to handle the heavier coats of Australian Shepherds without breaking and becoming sharp, and without requiring you to purchase another brush.
Australian Shepherds love to be outside, and their thick coats hold water for a long time. Brushing a dog with wet fur, or even damp fur, can cause metal tines and attachments to become rusted, which will cause them to wear out quickly and may irritate your dog’s skin. Look for stainless steel tines or natural bristles to avoid this problem.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds