There are various brush types that offer many different benefits. Check out this list of the top five dog brush options for the Belgian Sheepdog.
Best Dog Brushes for Belgian Sheepdogs
Here are our Belgian Sheepdog dog brush reviews.
1. Pat Your Pet Grooming Tool
The Pat Your Pet Grooming Tool is exactly what you need to manage stubborn mats and tangles in your dog’s fur. It comes equipped with a 2-in-1 dual head to quickly adjust the intensity of deshedding.
- Rounded teeth to protect your dog’s skin
- Ergonomic handle for a comfortable grip
- Durable, stainless steel material
2. Glendan Dog Brush
The Glendan Dog Brush is a simple, affordable option for your Belgian Sheepdog’s grooming needs. It’s 360° rotation makes it easy to brush those hard to reach areas.
- Massage particles increase blood circulation
- Two colors and two size options
- Easy to clean
3. DakPets Deshedding Brush
The DakPets Deshedding Brush is a unique, high-quality razor brush that reduces shedding by up to 95%. This could increase the amount of time between groomings, allowing time for other activities.
- Detachable blade for easy cleaning
- Convenient eyelet for storage
- Quick-release button for the safe removal of the blade
4. BV Dog Brush
The BV Dog Brush is a dual-sided brush featuring both pins and bristles. This brush is just what you need to detangle and add shine to your dog’s coat all in one great product.
- Even distribution of natural hair oils
- Ventilation holes allow pins to conform to your dog’s body
- No-slip handle for safe grooming
5. Pro Quality Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
The Pro Quality Self Cleaning Slicker Brush is the ideal grooming option for large dogs like the Belgian Sheepdog. Its large design allows you to detangle more of the coat in a shorter amount of time, and its self-cleaning option makes cleanup time simpler.
- Includes a dog grooming ebook with purchase
- Retractable bristles
- 5” wide brushing area
Belgian Sheepdog Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
The Belgian Sheepdog has a very long and thick coat which sheds often. These dogs require very regular brushing to prevent matting and tangles in the fur. So you will want to be prepared when it’s grooming time. Here are a few things to look for when you’re searching for the perfect brush.
Dog brushes are great for maintaining the cleanliness and health of your dog. There are many different brush types that serve multiple purposes for specific hair types.
For the Belgian Sheepdog, specifically, you will want to locate brushes tailored specifically to dogs with long, thick hair. These dogs require brushes that penetrate deeply for adequate deshedding and those that add shine to the coat.
The bristle brush is best known for its ability to promote a healthy-looking coat for your dog. It’s tightly packed bristles work to remove debris from the topcoat and add shine.
These brushes can come in a variety of different bristle spacing. Wider spaced brushes are better for long-haired dogs like the Belgian Sheepdog. You can use this brush in combination with a detangling brush for optimum grooming.
Pin brushes resemble human brushes with their oval shape and long pins. These brushes are typically used for finishing off the grooming process and feature rubber tips for safety on your dog’s skin.
Rakes are ideal for everyday grooming of your dog’s thick coat. These brushes are shaped like razors, and they aim to penetrate the fur deeply to remove dead undercoat or dirt.
If you are buying this type of brush, you will need to consider the length of your dog’s fur. Brushes that are too short may not penetrate deeply for proper brushing, and, on the other hand, brushes that are too long could damage or irritate the skin.
The Slicker Brush provides your dog the best of the grooming world by preventing dead fur build-up while also conditioning the coat. Slicker brushes consist of a flat frame with short wires. These would be an ideal pick for a younger Belgian Sheepdog.
The Belgian Sheepdog has a bushy, double-layered coat making their grooming needs a little more complicated than most dogs. These dogs require regular brushing because they shed heavily year-round.
Because of this, you will need to ensure that the brush you purchase has longevity and is easy on your dog’s skin as well as on your hands.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Harness for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Belgian Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Belgian Sheepdogs