Are you looking for the perfect dog brush for your Border Collie but every one that you find is made for short fur or has bad reviews? Have no fear, there are many brushes on the market with excellent reviews and made to be used with long fur. Keep in mind that you need to buy a brush that reaches into your Border Collie’s undercoat to retrieve the loose hair, this lessen shedding.
Below are the top five recommended dog brushes for Border Collies, with short item descriptions beside each item to explain why it is on the list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog brushes on the market and the features that your Border Collie may enjoy in their brush.
Best Dog Brushes for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog brush reviews.
The Furminator Long Haired Deshedding Dog Brush is made to reach deeply into your Border Collie’s coat to remove the loose fur built up underneath. With an easy press of a button, the brush ejects the fur making cleaning easy. The handle is made comfortable and anti slip for you and your Border Collie’s comfort.
- Reaches into undercoat to remove loose fur
- Self cleaning brush ejects hair for easy clean up
- Comfortable and non slip handle for an easy grooming time
The DakPet Deshedding Dog Brush is made to work on an fur type or length, making it great for owners of multiple pets from Border Collies to Beagles. With daily grooming this brush reduces shedding by up to ninety five percent. The brush is made with high quality materials to ensure the best brush for your Border Collie.
- Perfect for any type or length of fur
- Reduces shedding by up to ninety five percent
- High quality materials make a durable brush
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Dog Brush reaches into your Border Collie’s undercoat to grab the loose fur. The bristles gently work through the matts and knots without yanking on your dog’s fur. The self cleaning, retractable bristles makes cleaning your Border Collie’s fur easier on you.
- Bristles reach into undercoat to remove excess fur
- Gently removes matts and knots completely pain free
- Self cleaning allows you to easily clean fur off brush
The DELOMO Glove Dog Brush is made to turn grooming time into a bonding experience for you and your Border Collie. The glove traps the excess fur in the bristles, making clean up easy when you’re done. The brush can also be used during bath time to work shampoo into your Border Collie’s coat.
- Your dog will love their grooming as you brush their fur
- Bristles holds loose fur until you are ready to remove it
- Can be used for grooming or bath time
The PatYourPet Grooming Glove Dog Brush is made with the best quality of materials to ensure a well made brush for your Border Collie. The glove works on fur types of many pets such as cats, dogs or even horses! Cleaning the excess fur is easy as the glove traps your Border Collie’s fur until you’re ready to get rid of it.
- Materials are high quality for a good dog brush
- Works on most pet fur such as cats, dogs and horses
- Traps extra fur until you’re done and wish to dispose of it
Border Collie Dog Brush Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are a wide variety of dog brushes your Border Collie would love. Always remember to only use light to moderate pressure while grooming your dog. No matter how gentle the brush is, if you put too much strength behind it, the bristles will hurt your Border Collie. Now we will go into some of the features available to you in greater detail.
Self Cleaning/Retractable Bristles
Any owner of a dog with long hair such as the Border Collie knows how difficult it is to clean the fur from the brush. It gets tangled, wraps around it and makes it impossible to get it completely clean without spending hours on it. That is where the self cleaning dog brush comes in! With the push of a button the bristles retract into the brush and you can easily pull the hair off. No more hassle with clean up.
You don’t truly appreciate a comfortable grip on a brush until you’ve chapped your hand using one with an uncomfortable handle. There are many dog brushes on the market with stuff or rough handles that cut into your palm the longer you use them. This feature is especially nice if you have multiple dogs or if grooming takes hours at a time, as the longer you brush the more likely it is to hurt.
Anti Slip Grip
This feature is especially nice for groomers, but it can lower the risk of accidentally yanking on your Border Collie for regular pet owners as well. The grips are made to have traction and stay in your hand, thus lowering the risk of your hand sliding and yanking on your furry friend’s fur.
Many older brushes are made with sharp bristles that scratch your Border Collie’s skin when you brush with even moderately high pressure. This isn’t good for anyone involved and the dog product industry has much nicer brushes available for your dog’s comfort. Rubber bristles or ones with rounded heads lower the risk of scratching up your Border Collie’s skin in your daily grooming routine.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Border Collies
- Best Dog Crate for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Collar for Border Collies
- Best Dog Harness for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies