The Brussels Griffon comes in many different coat colors and two different types of coats, one has wiry hair that is longer while the other has short hair that is softer. The reason you need to know this is that the shorter one, while having softer fur, sheds more while the wiry Brussels Griffon sheds minimally. When you buy a grooming brush for them you need to keep this in mind as you may want a deshedding brush for your Brussels Griffon with short hair.
Below are the top five recommended dog brushes for Brussels Griffons with short item descriptions to explain why each product made this list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various dog brushes on the market and their features that you may want for your Brussels Griffon.
Best Dog Brushes for Brussels Griffons
Here are our Brussels Griffon dog brush reviews.
The DakPets Durable Deshedding Undercoat Brush is made with only the best materials to ensure a long lasting grooming tool for your Brussels Griffon. The bristles reach down into the undercoat to remove the excess fur and dirt. With regular grooming this brush can reduce shedding by up to ninety five percent, great for your short haired Brussels Griffon.
- Materials are all chosen for their high quality
- Bristles remove excess fur and grime from under the coat
- Regular grooming can reduce shedding by up to ninety five percent
The Hertzko Anti-Slip Self Cleaning Undercoat Brush is made for your Brussels Griffon’s comfort as you brush with the anti slip handle to prevent accidents. The self cleaning feature makes cleaning up after the longer wiry fur easier on you. The bristles reach into the undercoat to remove any dirt and grime that can irritate your Brussels Griffon’s skin.
- Made for your dog’s comfort with anti slip handle
- Self cleaning brush has retractable bristles for your cleaning ease
- Reaches deeply to remove all dead fur and dirt
The Delomo Grooming Glove Dog Brush is made with gentle rubber bristles that harmlessly massage your Brussels Griffon’s skin as you groom them. The glove catches all the excess fur and holds it in the palm until you are ready to dispose of it. The simple design makes grooming easy and fun for you and your Brussels Griffon.
- Rubber is gentle and doesn’t scratch your Brussels Griffon’s skin
- Keeps excess fur it removes in the palm of the glove
- Designed to make grooming easy and fun
The PetNeat Durable Deshedding Undercoat Brush is made so that with regular grooming your Brussels Griffon’s shedding can drop by up to ninety five percent. The bristles reach deep into their coat to remove excess fur and grime. The brush is made from durable materials to ensure a long lasting brush for your dog Brussels Griffon.
- Regular grooming with this brush can reduce shedding
- Bristles reach down to remove dead fur and dirt that can irritate your Brussels Griffon’s sensitive skin
- Brush is made from quality materials to ensure a long lasting brush
The Furminator Massaging Curry Comb is made with high quality rubber that gently massages your Brussels Griffon’s skin as you groom them. The rubber is made to activate the natural oils in your Brussels Griffon’s skin to leave their coat well moisturized. The handle is made for your comfort and is anti slip for your peace of mind.
- Rubber is high quality for a long lasting brush that gently massages your Brussels Griffon’s sensitive skin
- Activates oil glands in skin to moisturize their coat
- Handle is comfortable and anti slip
Brussels Griffon Dog Brush Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products there are a variety of different dog brushes that would work for your Brussels Griffon’s coat and they all have their own benefits. If possible you may want to buy one that would work for either type of fur on your Brussels Griffon, this makes it where if you choose to buy another Brussels Griffon later in the future then you don’t have to get a special brush for each of them. Another thing to keep in mind while grooming your Brussels Griffon is that you should only use the lightest amount of pressure behind the brush. This prevents accidents where you slip and yank on their fur and it reduces the chance of you scratching their skin. Now we will continue on to the most popular features of dog brushes that you may want for your Brussels Griffon.
Having a self cleaning dog brush is a great feature, especially if your Brussels Griffon has the longer and more wiry hair. These brushes have bristles that retract when you hit a button, leaving the excess fur on top for you to collect off the brush with ease. This is nice for longer fur thanks to its penchant for getting tangled in the bristles and becoming impossible to remove.
Grooming Glove Brush
A newer invention in grooming tools is the grooming glove and it is taking the internet by storm. With this glove you can pet your Brussels Griffon as you always do and it gently grooms their coat for a fun bonding time as you brush. The glove holds all the excess fur in its palm until you are ready to dispose of it, making it a great brush for grooming and for the clean up afterwards.
Comfort/Anti Slip Handle
Have you ever brushed your Brussels Griffon only after a few minutes your hand starts to chafe painfully? Obviously you can’t just leave your Brussels Griffon half brushed but grooming them hurts thanks to the rough handle. An easy solution to this is a comfort grip. These grips are made with materials that don’t rub or chafe, allowing you to brush your Brussels Griffon as long as you want without pain. The anti slip handle is also nice as it reduces the risk of yanking on your Brussels Griffon’s fur.
Most of the older dog brushes are made with bristles that are harsh wire and these can scratch your Brussels Griffon’s skin even with the gentlest of pressure. Thankfully, the dog product industry knows that we don’t want to hurt our furry friends and as such has made bristles that have rounded heads or in some cases the bristles are made entirely out of rubber for a more gentle brush. These are the optimal brushes for your Brussels Griffon’s comfort as you groom them and your peace of mind that you aren’t hurting your Brussels Griffon.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Brussels Griffons
- Best Puppy Food for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Crate for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Bed for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Toys for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Collar for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Harness for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Muzzle for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Shampoo for Brussels Griffons