Even though Cavachons have a significant amount of long, silky hair, they are actually not big shedders, thanks to their Cavalier King Charles Spaniel lineage. That also means they have a double coat, so regular grooming at home is essential for his health, comfort and looks. Cavachons will need regular brushing to remove excess hair and prevent tangles and mats from forming. A good brush three or four times a week should do it, while a small detangling comb will work for any knots you encounter.
Best Dog Brush for Cavachons
Here are our dog brush for Cavachons reviews.
The Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush is designed to remove any tangles, mats, dirt and extra hair, especially from the undercoat. This brush is easily cleaned by pushing a button which retracts the bristles back into the brush.
- Fine bent wire does not scratch
- Massages for increased blood circulation.
- Comfort grip and anti-slip handle
The Andis Pet Steel Comb is a popular grooming comb for removing tangles and mats in soft coats. Features coarse and fine teeth for both detangling and fluffing your Cavachon’s coat.
- Lightweight for extended grooming
- Stimulates skin and hair follicles
- Available in 7.5” or 10” lengths
The Four Paws Magic Coat is a small comb designed for removing tangles and mats from your Cavachon’s long, fluffy topcoat. The sturdy double row of pins is designed to gently deal with stubborn mats.
- Ideal for medium, long or curly coats
- Sturdy stainless-steel pins
- Will not damage the coat to maintain length
The Hartz Groomers Best Combo Brush is the perfect grooming tool to use once stubborn mats and tangles have been removed. The dual brush provides two styles of brush for smoothing the longer topcoat of your Cavachon.
- Coated stainless-steel tips remove loose hair
- Denser nylon brush side for smoothing and distributing oils
- Ergonomic handle for easy use
The Safari Pin Brush is a basic pin brush designed for smaller dogs like Cavachons. This brush is the perfect size to get around contours and hard-to-reach places such as behind the legs.
- Removes dirt and excess hair
- Distributes natural oils for shiny coat
- Fluff the coat by brushing in opposite direction
Dog Brush for Cavachons Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right grooming tools for your Cavachon is important, as you will be brushing and combing him on a regular basis. His coat can grow long – up to five inches – so, keeping it soft and silky will look good and feel good for him, too. A good quality brush is an affordable tool for his grooming needs, so choose one or two that you love, use them regularly and begin early. Since the Cavachon has both an upper, soft coat and a dense undercoat, using two brushes will give you the best results.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog brushes for Cavachons on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following grooming tools are recommended for at-home use and will help you to choose which ones you need for your Cavachon.
Your Cavachon may have a long, wavy coat or a long, straight coat. It depends on his parents, and which generation of Cavachon he is. Either way, it will need regular combing with a basic metal detangling or specialized metal dematting comb, to remove tangles and prevent harmful mats from forming.
Slicker Brush or Pin Brush
Cavachons will have a second coat once they have matured, so you will notice his coat getting thicker and more difficult to groom as he gets older. This is another great reason to get your Cavachon used to regular brushing from a young age. A slicker brush or pin brush will help remove mats and excess hair from the thicker undercoat, as well as distribute essential oils throughout their skin and hair follicles. Choose a brush with protected, fine tips to prevent scratching or hurting your Cavachon.
Dense Nylon Brush
The final step in your grooming routine is to use a simple nylon brush with soft, dense bristles to smooth out the fine topcoat and leave it looking shiny and healthy. This will further distribute oils throughout the topcoat. Choose a brush with thick, soft, nylon bristles and an ergonomic handle.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Cavachons
- Best Puppy Food for Cavachons
- Best Dog Crate for Cavachons
- Best Dog Bed for Cavachons
- Best Dog Toys for Cavachons
- Best Dog Collar for Cavachons
- Best Dog Harness for Cavachons
- Best Dog Muzzle for Cavachons
- Best Dog Shampoo for Cavachons