Do you own a Chihuahua and have trouble finding the perfect grooming brush for them, thanks to their short fur? Well there are thousands of products made specifically for short fur types, but with so many to pick from how should you choose? After thorough research I have compiled the top five recommended Dog Brushes For Chihuahuas, each product will have a short summary below it to give you an idea of why you should buy it. Under that summary will be three features of the product that make it stand out amongst the rest. At the bottom of the article will be a buying guide for you to read though, should you choose to do so. It will have extra information on the various types of brushes on the market and their different features.
Best Dog Brushes for Chihuahuas
Here are our Chihuahua dog brush reviews.
The Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Dog Brush is made to remove matts, loose hair and dirt from your Chihuahua’s hair without painful snagging. The bristles are easy to clean, simply remove any leftover fur from the brush and continue on. The brush massages into the skin as your brush for a pretty and happy dog.
- Removes matts, loose fur, dirt and other irritants
- Easily remove leftover fur from bristles for quick clean
- Brush massages your pet’s skin as you brush
The Pet Neat Professional Dog Brush removes up to ninety five percent of dead skin and fur from your Chihuahua during grooming time. The brush is made with the best of materials, to ensure its durability for years of use. With frequent brushing, this grooming tool is great for helping dogs with allergies by getting rid of extra dust or dirt in their coats.
- Ninety five percent of irritants are picked up with this brush
- High quality materials are used for a durable and long lasting brush
- Grooming tool is great for dogs with allergies, brushes away irritants
The Chirpy Pets Deshedding Dog Brush is made for either cats or dogs, the brush reaches down into the undercoat to grab the excess fur and pull it up. The brush is made from sturdy materials but is still gentle on your Chihuahua’s skin during grooming times. It is also great for either long or short fur breeds.
- Great grooming tool for both cat and dog owners, perfect for owners of both
- Made with sturdy materials, but gentle on your dog’s skin
- The brush is made for either short or long fur breeds
The Glendan Slicker Dog Brush is made of the best quality materials to ensure your Chihuahua’s comfort during grooming time. The brush is easy to clean, just remove excess dog hair and continue on. The grip is made to be anti slip and has a comfortable grip to make brushing easier on you.
- Best quality of materials are used for a durable dog brush
- Easy to clean for your convenience after each grooming session
- Anti slip and comfort grip make the handle easy to hold
The Furminator Dog Brush is made from the best rubber material that stimulates the glands that produce oil, to make a great grooming experience. The brush is made for short or medium fur types, making it great for Chihuahuas. The handle is ergonomic and comfortable in your palm.
- Rubber is high quality and stimulates oil production for a healthy coat
- Made for short or medium fur but not long breeds
- Handle is comfortable to hold and ergonomic
Chihuahua Dog Brush Buying Guide
As you can see from the above there are many different types of dog brushes on the market and each of them have their own features that make them a decent grooming tool for your Chihuahua. However there are some grooming tools that stand out amongst the rest for being the all around best in their product group. I will now go over the different features available, while some of them won’t be what you want others may be exactly what your pup needs. When grooming your Chihuahua always be sure to use light to moderate pressure. It doesn’t matter how gentle the dog brush is, if you put too much pressure behind it the brush will hurt your pup.
Soft bristle brushes are generally used for short to medium furred dogs thanks to the bristles needing less density to pull through their fur. This makes it perfect for breeds such as the Chihuahua. While there are select brushes that are made with more gentle materials for long haired pups, they are rare.
A self cleaning brush is a nice thing to have, as it reduces the amount of time you use cleaning out the dog hair in the brush. Instead of worrying about the dog hair tangling around the bristles and you inevitably having to remove all the caught up fur, this brush does it for you and all you have to do is remove the leftovers on top.
If you have multiple dogs or just a Chihuahua that loves to be groomed, having a dog brush that has a comfortable handle is a God send. These are usually made from materials such as nylon or neoprene, while forming to your hand. This grip is a must have for all dog groomers brushes thanks to their long hours of holding them.
Anti- Slip Grip
There have been many times I accidentally slid while brushing my dog’s fur and it yanked on her hair. You always feel bad after it happens, no one wants their pup to be hurt by them. That is why this handle was made and is so popular, it lowers the risk of accidentally hurting your Chihuahua during grooming.
Wrap around handled are nice because it feels almost like a glove instead of holding a sometimes painful brush handle for long periods of time. The wrap around handle also makes your brush strokes more natural and gentle, thanks to it being attached to your hand it feels like you’re petting your Chihuahua during grooming and they love it.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Crate for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Bed for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Collar for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Toys for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Harness for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chihuahuas
- Dog Shampoo for Chihuahuas