Our beloved Doxies come with one of three coats, either shorthaired, wirehaired, or longhaired. When grooming them, their coat is going to be the deciding factor in how you brush, and with which brush you do it. Since there are so many options out there, choosing the right brush can sometimes seem overwhelming.
In our guide, we’ll show you the best brushes out there for caring for your Dachshunds fur coat, and what makes each one a good option. In the end, our buyer’s guide will simplify the process of choosing a brush, and inspire you to give your Doxie the grooming possible from the best brush for the job.
Best Dog Brushes For Dachshunds
Here are our Dachshund dog brush reviews.
The DELOMO Pet Grooming Glove is a relaxing way to brush and groom your pup’s coat. While handling and stroking your dog, the gloves gently brush out light mats and tangles, and quickly remove loose hair from the undercoat. This unique grooming method provides a way to quickly and easily redistribute your Doxie’s natural oils throughout the coat, giving it a healthy shine.
- Massages the skin while grooming, increasing blood flow and overall skin and coat health
- Works with any coat type, and can be used wet or dry
- Improves the experience of grooming, making it less stressful overall and acclimating your dog to constant handling and brushing
The Glendan Dog Brush is a great slicker brush for your wirehaired or longhaired Dachshund. The fine gauge wires easily slip through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat fur, while stimulating the skin and boosting circulation. The anti-slip handle reduces hand strain while brushing.
- Wide, flat brush head covers a lot of area and quickly eliminates mats, tangles, and shed hair
- The comfort-grip nonslip handle ensures an easy and strain-free brushing session
- The bristles massage the skin for increased blood flow and oil distribution
The Self Cleaning Slicker Brush from The Pet Portal is an easy to use slicker brush for your long or wirehaired Doxie. The comfortable ergonomic handle provides a relaxing brushing experience for you and your pup. The high-quality stainless steel wires are exceptionally gentle on the coat.
- Super-easy cleanup, simply press the button to retract the bristles and remove the hair
- Effectively removes dead and loose undercoat hair without damaging the topcoat
- The bristles easily brush out mats, tangles, and remove dirt and debris from deep in the fur
The Hartz Groomer’s Best Detangling Brush is a great dual-sided combination brush for your Doxie. On one side, there are stainless steel pins with a protective coating that remove tangles and shed undercoat fur, while on the other side there are soft nylon bristles that work to redistribute your dog’s natural skin oils into the coat for a healthy shine. The handle is designed to reduce strain ergonomically and provides maximum comfort and control.
- Gently massaging pins improve circulation at the skin, while removing loose hair, dirt, and debris
- Redistributes the natural skin oils evenly throughout the coat
- Includes tips for gentle, safe, and effective grooming
The Conair PRODog Pet-It is a super effective palm brush for your Dachshund. The 50/50 blend of natural boar bristle and synthetic bristles easily slip through short and wirehaired coats to remove dirt, debris, and loose undercoat fur. It effortlessly redistributes your pup’s natural oils for a natural and healthy shine.
- Gentle enough for daily use, won’t damage the coat
- Fits comfortably in the palm and between the fingers
- The stiff bristle texture easily pulls loose hair while massaging the skin
Dachshund Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a brush for your Doxie, your main consideration should be the type of coat you’ll be grooming. Dachshunds have either a short coat, wirehaired coat, or a longhaired coat. Each coat type will have one or two brushes that will work well on them
If your pup is shorthaired, your grooming duties are going to be fairly simple. Bristle brushes or combination bristle and pin brushes work very well to remove what little undercoat shed there is, along with any trapped dirt or debris.
If your Doxie is wirehaired or longhaired then a slicker brush is going to be your second best friend, behind your dog. They will reach through the long topcoat and pull out those piles and piles of loose undercoat hair. Along with the shed hair, they will massage the skin and redistribute the natural oils, a necessity to keep longhaired coats from excessive tangling and matting.
Dachshund Dog Brush Review Conclusion
We hope our guide has helped you to decide what sort of brush will be best for you and your Doxie. As long as you take into account what type of coat you’ll be dealing with, you should be in a great position to make a well-educated choice on which brush will perform the best for you.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Crate for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Bed for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Harness for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Toys for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Collar for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Dachshunds