English toy spaniels generally have a silky, wavy coat of hair. Though they aren’t that messy, English toy spaniels still need a great deal of grooming and cleaning. For ideal hygiene, you should brush the hair at least twice a week to get rid of all lint, lice, and dirt.
Best Dog Brushes for English Toy Spaniels
Here are our English Toy Spaniel dog brush reviews.
For English toy spaniel owners who are possessive about their dog’s hair, the Universal Slicker Brush is a great option. It is ideal for removing all sorts of lint and debris from the coat. It also avoids matting and detangles the hair gently.
- Three sizes available: Small, Medium, Large.
- High-grade steel, plastic, and rubber material.
- Easy and ergonomic grip.
This GoPets dog brush is a perfect deal for English toy spaniels. The brush is dual-sided and is capable of thoroughly cleaning and grooming silky manes. After showers or hair shedding, a round of hair brushing with this one will deeply remove all debris.
- High-grade bristles for precise removal.
- Pin bristles with ball head to prevent pricking the skin.
- Nontoxic silicone material.
If your English toy spaniel has a lot of fluff and a thick coat, manual brushing won’t do much good. To give your lapdog a full-fledged cleaning, it’s best to use this self-cleaning brush with your dog shampoo.
- Ideal for deep cleaning.
- Comfortable grip.
- Easy maintenance.
Looking for a bathing brush? Your English toy spaniel guaranteed to love this Bodhi Dog Bath Brush. The bristles are wide enough to get the shampoo down to the roots and remove all dirt and loose hair.
- Waterproof and nontoxic.
- Non-slip handle.
- Massaging bristles.
For an English toy spaniel with a thick, curly coat of hair, you definitely need professional grooming. This UPSKY self-cleaning brush has the perfect bristles for getting those healthy, lice-free hair right at home.
- Safe to use.
- Cleans thoroughly.
- Gentle on sensitive skin.
English Toy Spaniel Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
While buying a dog brush for your English toy spaniel, you’ll come across a variety of options. Your loyal mate needs careful hygiene, especially if it has a thick, unruly coat of hair. Instead of dragging your English toy spaniel to a professional cleaner every now and then, keep a brush at home. Here’s how you can find the right brush for your dog:
English toy spaniels generally don’t need a harsh or rough cleaning. It’s better to avoid products that are toxic or have a rough texture. You can look for brushes with a high-quality rubber or plastic. These materials are easily available and are suitable for everyday cleaning. For deeper cleansing, you can probably look for stainless steel bristles. They do not break easily and also detangle without getting stuck in the coat’s layers.
The next big factor is your purpose and requirements. While some brands manufacture brushes only for a single purpose, you can also find multipurpose brushes if you need them. Here’s a breakdown of the types of dog brushes according to purpose:
- Grooming Comb: This type of brush is ideal for grooming and cleaning long, wooly coats. If your English toy spaniel has a well-kept, luxurious coat of hair, you can try this one. It helps in detangling and cleaning matter hair.
- De-Shedder Tools: If your English toy spaniel sheds a lot of stray hair, a de-shedding brush is the best. This one has closely placed bristles and can remove all loose hair from thick coats.
- Molting Comb: This one has long and short bristles for two purposes. The long bristles remove all knots and tangles from deep within. The shorter bristles collect all molted fur from the coat for a neat look
- Slicker Brush: A slicker brush is perhaps the most useful and versatile brush for English toy spaniels. It has a wide surface area with evenly placed bristles that are ideal for detangling as well as molting.
- Bristle Brush: For an everyday touch-up, you can go for a bristle brush. It keeps the hair healthy, detangled, and neat.
- Double-sided brush: It consists of thick bristles on one side and pins on the other. For multipurpose users, this one’s perfect.
- Flea comb: If you’re worried about fleas, try using a flea comb. This one’s essential for your dog’s hygiene. Using a dog shampoo and a flea comb will significantly remove all fleas from your English toy spaniel’s hair.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Puppy Food for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Toy Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Toy Spaniels