As a proud pet parent, you likely chose your Finnish Lapphund because of his thick, gorgeous double coat. But maintaining it can be a daunting task. It’s important to start the task for grooming your Lappie regularly from a young age, so he is used to the process. Plus, you must have the right tools and know how to use them properly. There are several steps to maintaining this beautiful coat, each requiring its own comb or brush. With regular grooming, both you and your pup will come to love the special bonding time you have together.
Best Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphunds
Here are our dog brush for Finnish Lapphunds reviews.
The FURminator Grooming Slicker Brush is a popular slicker brush for long-haired dogs like Finnish Lapphunds. This double-sided brush gently removes surface mats and detangles fur with limited pressure on your pup’s skin.
- Soft stainless-steel tips won’t scratch the skin
- Dual head design follows natural contours of body
- Ergonomic handle for easy use
The Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush is designed to remove any tangles, mats, dirt and extra hair, especially from your Lappie’s dense undercoat. This brush is easily cleaned by pushing a button which retracts the bristles back into the brush.
- Fine bent wire does not scratch
- Massages for increased blood circulation.
- Comfort grip and anti-slip handle
The Andis Pet Steel Comb is a popular grooming comb for removing tangles and mats in your Lapphund’s smooth and fluffy top coat. Features coarse and fine teeth for both detangling and fluffing.
- Lightweight for extended grooming
- Stimulates skin and hair follicles
- Available in 7.5” or 10” lengths
The JW Pet Company Gripsoft Comb is an 8-inch metal comb for grooming your Lapphund’s longer top coat. The fine and coarse teeth help remove knots and tangles while smoothing the fur.
- Ideal for medium, long or curly coats
- Sturdy stainless-steel teeth
- Rubber handle for sturdy grip
The Poodle Pet Dematting Fur Rake is designed to remove thick, dead hair from your Lappie’s undercoat. The extra-long 2.5-inch stainless steel safety blades will gently detangle any mats or knots.
- Removes dirt and excess hair
- Easy grip handle for safe use
- Can be used on wet or dry hair
Dog Brush for Finnish Lapphund Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the right grooming tools for your Finnish Lapphund is important, as you will be brushing and combing his beautiful coat on a regular basis. Your Lappie has a smooth outer coat over a soft and dense undercoat. The undercoat is where dead hairs accumulate and is where you will focus most of your deshedding attention. A weekly brush should do, with more regular brushings during his bi-annual shedding seasons. His coat can grow long, so keeping it soft and silky will look good and feel good for him, too. Good quality tools are not expensive, so get some great ones and use them regularly for the best results.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog brushes for Finnish Lapphunds on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following grooming tools are recommended for at-home use and will help you to choose which ones you need for your Finnish Lapphund.
For grooming days with no bath, a slicker brush will help remove any excess hair or dirt that has accumulated in the undercoat and distribute essential oils throughout. A good slicker brush is also helpful when drying your Finnish Lapphund’s coat after his bath. While blow drying his hair, use the slicker brush to dry and fluff your pup’s fur. This step helps to remove any knots or tangles that may have formed. Choose a brush with protected, fine tips to prevent scratching or hurting your Lapphund.
Greyhound or Metal Comb
The final step in your grooming routine is to use a simple metal comb to go through his entire topcoat, one section at a time. This step may be time consuming, but it will help prevent excess hairs from forming knots and mats and further strip any excess dead hairs from the undercoat. Your Lappie’s hair should be completely dry for this step.
The undercoat rake is a tool you will only need to use infrequently, but it is most helpful when necessary. If it has been a week or two since you gave your pup a good brush, the undercoat rake will help pull deeper dead hairs from the undercoat. You may also find this rake is best during the heaviest parts of your Lappie’s shedding season. Use this brush right before his bath for best results.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Lapphunds
- Best Training Book for Finnish Lapphunds