Best Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz
Here are our dog brush for Finnish Spitz reviews.
The Pat Your Pet Undercoat Rake is versatile grooming tool that safely removes excess molting hair from your Finnish Spitz’ thick under coat. This two-sided comb offers a solution for tangles, mats, thinning and deshedding.
- No-rust stainless-steel teeth
- Features 9-teeth side for dematting, 17-teeth side for thinning
- Ergonomic anti-slip grip handle
The Sleek EZ Original is a popular deshedding tool for double-coated dogs like the Finnish Spitz. This handy tool fits in the palm of your hand and is designed to gently remove hairs with no tugging or snagging.
- Premium grade poplar wood handle
- Stainless steel blades with wave design
- Easy to clean with unique design
The JW Pet Company Gripsoft Comb is an 8-inch metal comb for grooming your Finkie’s longer top coat. The fine and coarse teeth help remove knots and tangles, especially from his fluffy tail and neck.
- Ideal for medium, long or curly coats
- Sturdy stainless-steel teeth
- Rubber handle for sturdy grip
The Poodle Pet Dematting Fur Rake is designed to remove thick, dead hair from your Finnish Spitz’ undercoat. The extra-long 2.5-inch stainless steel safety blades will gently detangle any mats or knots.
- Removes dirt and excess hair
- Easy grip handle for safe use
- Can be used on wet or dry hair
The FURminator Grooming Slicker Brush is a popular slicker brush for long-haired dogs like the Finnish Spitz. This double-sided brush gently removes surface mats and detangles fur with limited pressure on your pup’s skin.
- Soft stainless-steel tips won’t scratch the skin
- Dual head design follows natural contours of body
- Ergonomic handle for easy use
Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz Buyer’s Guide
Your beautiful Finnish Spitz has a lovely coat, with a soft bushy tail that you love. But keeping it in good shape takes a bit of commitment and time. It is especially important for this breed to remove the dead hairs in the undercoat, as the wiry texture can quickly lead to mats and tangles that are harmful to his skin. Avoid painful knots from forming by brushing your pup at least once a week, and every second day during his bi-annual shedding season. Having the right tools on hand will make the job easier and could even mean that grooming time becomes bonding time for the two of you.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog brushes and combs on the market for your Finnish Spitz so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following grooming tools are recommended for at-home use and will help you to choose which ones you need for your Finnish Spitz.
A good undercoat rake is necessary for your Finkie as it will remove any dead or molting hairs in the undercoat. This is an important step as it will help prevent painful mats and knots from forming. Choose a rake with stainless steel blades, and an ergonomic soft-grip handle to prevent dangerous slipping. Some rakes have two sides, for dematting and thinning, or choose two rakes for different uses and alternate. This brush should also be used before any baths, to help remove hair beforehand.
Greyhound or Metal Comb
Your Finnish Spitz has longer hair around his neck, along his tail and behind his legs. These areas can be combed using a simple metal comb, to help remove any knots or tangles that may have formed in the hair. Choose a comb with a good width for efficiency and gently remove tangles at every grooming session. The coat should be dry when using this comb, to prevent pulling or snagging.
For a quick brush, a slicker brush is a great tool to have on hand. This will pull any easy-to-reach molting hairs from the under coat and remove any excess hair or dirt that has accumulated in the top coat. This brush will also help distribute oils to the skin and throughout the hairs. This brush smooths and fluffs your Finkie’s coat, so he looks and feels fresh and ready for another round outside. Choose a brush with protected, fine tips to prevent scratching or hurting your Finnish Spitz.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz
- Best Training Book for Finnish Spitz