Fearless German Wirehaired Pointers traces their root way back in late 19th century Germany. These versatile dogs are well appreciated by the hunters across the globe for their extraordinary hunting skills on any sort of terrain. Though there are many opinions regarding their lineage, it is widely believed that these gun dogs are a delicate combination of German pointer and similar other breeds.
These hyper-energetic German dogs boast of their water repellent double layer of coat. Their flat-lying outer coat and dense undercoat both need frequent maintenance and brushing. Here we have garnered a few dog brushes from today’s top brands, which will make the grooming session fun for both you and your German Wirehaired Pointer.
Best Dog Brushes for German Wirehaired Pointers
Here are our dog brushes for German Wirehaired Pointers reviews.
This elegant looking FURminator Firm Slicker Brush For Dogs turns your harsh coated German Wirehaired Pointer into a well-groomed dog in no time. This professional dog brush features both straight and bent bristles on either side of the kit. The unique shape of the brush allows you to follow the contours of the dog’s body while brushing.
- It features a dual flex head design.
- The comfortable handle of the brush ensures a firm grip.
- The brush removes all the surface mats.
This green Safari Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush for Dogs is an apt choice for the wiry and straight coat of your German Wirehaired Pointer. The brush’s long cushioned handle diminishes the pressure applied on the coat and helps your pointer stay patient during the entire grooming session. With just a click on the rear button, the brush automatically retracts all the loose fur.
- This grooming product checks shedding.
- The stainless steel pins of the brush evenly distribute oil in its entire body.
- An array of sizes is there for this brush.
The KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush is one of the most sought after dog brushes for German Wirehaired Pointer. This brush clears the debris and dirt off its harsh coat after an active day of heavy-duty. You can also use this grooming kit on your German Wirehaired Pointer during bathing and shampooing.
- This eliminates loose fur from its outer coat.
- It stimulates capillaries and enhances oil production.
- It turns the surface coat into a softer and shinier one.
This Hartz Groomer’s Best Slicker Brush for Dogs and Cats tackles hair fall of your German Wirehaired Pointer to some extent. The angled bristles of the brush eliminate stubborn knots from its coat and keep the outer coat smooth. Due to the soft protective coating, the brush feels extra gentle when touched against its skin.
- It is specially designed for straight coated dogs.
- The brush can be used on wet hair.
- The long handle of the kit saves you from an arm ache.
This Andis Premium Large Firm Pet Slicker Brush is a great choice for dog parents who have a handsome and classic German Wirehaired Pointer at their home. Due to the flat surface of the brush, it massages the dog’s body quite nicely. This anti-slip brush is a one-stop solution to take care of all hair-related problems such as detangling, de-shedding, etc.
- The brush features wire bristles.
- This is designed for dense coated dogs.
- The bristles of the brush remove dead hair by reaching the deepest region of the coat.
Dog Brushes For German Wirehaired Pointer Buyer’s Guide
Though every German Wirehaired Pointer parent will admit that these dogs require low maintenance, they still need a week brushing throughout the year. Their extraordinary undercoat feels more dense than regular in winter. That is why it would be better for your German Wirehaired Pointer if you brush it twice a week from October to February. When it is summer, you will hardly notice that these dogs comprise an undercoat. Here are a few points that can help any first-time dog owner in brush shopping.
The types of brush vary depending on the coat type of dogs. If you are well aware of various dog products, you may have heard of slicker brush, pin brush, rake, comb, and other similar brushes. For the straight and flat-lying coat of your German Wirehaired Pointers soft slicker brush is the best option. Otherwise, you can also go for a pin brush, and a bristle brush as these keep the coat glossy and soft. The long pins of such a brush stimulate the skin pores and help your German Wirehaired Pointer shine like a new penny.
The advancement of technology has revolutionized the dog products also. Nowadays, it seems pretty common to have a push-button on the rear side of the kit. Just with a press on this button, you can help yourself in cleaning the brush.
Almost all the dog brushes feature a soft grip handle to prevent hand fatigue. The ergonomic handle also controls the brush’s pressure level and fills your dog’s heart with comfort. The pleasing sensation of grooming helps your German Wirehaired Pointer stay calm and quiet without disturbing you at all.
Dog brushes have multiple utilities nowadays. That is why it is important to make up your mind on the purpose first. If you want to clean dirt off its body, then go for shampoo brushes. On the other hand, if you want your German Wirehaired Pointer to have a healthy coat, go for a slicker brush and bristle brush. These brushes don’t irritate the skin at all but help your pointer look at its best.
We have provided you all the necessary pieces of information about dog brush. Now you can either choose from our recommended samples or look for other brushes. No matter what brush you buy, always keep these guidelines in mind.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Puppy Food for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Crate for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Bed for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Toys for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Collar for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Harness for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Wirehaired Pointers
- Best Training Book for German Wirehaired Pointers