Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs believed to be one of the oldest dog breeds in Switzerland. They are agile, obedient and affectionate creatures that are as amazing as a family dog as well as a working dog. Grooming of Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs is a reasonably simple task as their short coat is easy to maintain and clean. This breed of dog sheds very little too; hence brushing the coat once or twice in a week will suffice to keep your pet well-groomed.
Planning to buy a dog brush for your BFF? We are happy to help you with details of some of our best dog brush for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs.
Best Dog Brushes for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
Here are our dog brushes for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs reviews.
1. JW Pet Gripsoft Bristle Brush
The JW Pet Bristle Brush is a perfect addition to your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s collection of grooming brushes. The soft bristles gently remove loose hair and protect your pet’s skin making the entire grooming experience a pleasurable one. JW Pet Gripsoft Bristle Brush is available in various designs.
- Ergonomic non-slip handle gives better control.
- Handy finishing tool post grooming.
- Ideal for dog breeds with any coat or hair.
2. Safari Wire Pin Brush for Dogs
Wire Pin Brush by Safari is an essential part of your grooming kit that ensures that your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog looks sharp as always. This pin brush rids them of debris and dead hair without damaging their coat or skin. Excellent addition to your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s vanity case, indeed!
- Long-lasting wooden handle.
- Pins ensure the proper distribution of natural oils, giving the hair a healthy lustre.
- Gets rid of tangles and mats quickly.
3. ConairPRO Pet-It Dog Metal Pin Brush
Enjoy the grooming experience with your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog while utilizing the Pin Brush by ConairPro. The stainless steel pins of this fantastic dog brush give your pet a well-groomed appearance without damaging its skin. Avoid expensive saloon sessions and bond with your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog using this handy little tools!
- Palm-petting technology makes this brush more favorable than other brushes in the market.
- Easily remove mats and tangles without breaking into the skin.
- Great daily use brush.
4. Miracle Care Slicker Dog Brush
Miracle Care’s Slicker Brush works like a charm on your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. It gives them a healthy and shiny coat. Its soft and wired pins are angled in such a way that it does not damage your pet’s skin in any manner and ensures that your pet has the best grooming experience.
- An effective tool for deshedding.
- The cushioned handle enables a non-slip grip.
- An everyday grooming brush.
5. Pet Republique Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush
Pet Republique’s Slicker brush is a self-cleaning grooming tool that is perfect for all breeds of dogs. It removes tangles and mats effectively ensuring that your paw pal looks and feels good. Also if you do end up purchasing this brush, you and your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog will be donating towards helping an animal in need.
- Self-cleaning and super hygienic.
- Retractable bristles are gentle on the skin.
- Compact size ideal for any breed.
Dog Brush for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs Buyer’s Guide
Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs need to be groomed at least once or twice in a week if not daily. Grooming and brushing your pet’s coat needs to be an enjoyable activity. Hence, the need for doggie parents to understand which brush would be ideal for their pet. Still, wondering which dog brush to buy for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog?
Lets us discuss the factors that you need to consider while buying a dog brush for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs:
Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs have a dense outer coat and a reasonably thick undercoat. So, their grooming is quite easy. You can rest assured that brushing your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog once or twice in a week or so will be sufficient.
But all dogs are not alike nor are their grooming needs. As a parent, it is prudent that you figure your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog needs earlier on so that you can be at the top of your game.
Types of coat
As mentioned earlier, understanding your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s coat is vital while choosing a dog brush. Brushing not only removes loose hair, tangles and mats but also lubricates their skin with healthy oils keeping their coat healthy and shiny. Keep in mind that brushing is an essential part of grooming as well as bonding with them. So, it needs to be an enjoyable experience for both of you.
Types of brushes
When you begin your dog brush quest, you will be amazed to know that there are various types of grooming tools. There are four main types of dog brushes.
Bristle Brushes – A truly versatile brush, ideal for dogs with any type of coat. The bristles are soft and gently run through your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s fur, ensuring that they look sharp at all times.
Rake Brushes – Best suited for dogs with thick and long hair, as well as dog breeds that often develop dead undercoats that cause dirt and debris to get collected in the coat. An ideal rake brush needs to correspond with the length of your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s hair; else there are chances that your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s skin may get damaged.
Slicker Brushes – An excellent tool to have if you are looking to remove mats and knots from your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s coat. Choose the brush size ideal for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog to avoid any sort of discomfort while brushing.
Pin Brushes – Used as a finishing tool while grooming. Remember to buy a pin brush with rubber tips to ensure that your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog’s skin is unharmed.
While most of these brushes are basic, some of them do have unique functionalities such as non-slip grip handles, retractable bristles, self-cleaning bristles, or palm-petting.
It is up to you to decide what is best for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog and keep an eye to check if your pet is happy with the purchase at the end of the day it is all about their comfort right!
Choose from a range of brushes and pick the one that suits your budget. While the price is essential, your purchase must be suitable too. Check for exclusive deals and discounts that you could avail.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Training Book for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs