Historic Irish Wolfhounds find their mention in ancient mythology and fourth-century paintings. However, there was a time when these graceful dogs were used as gladiators and war dogs in ancient Rome; today, these wolf hunting dogs are known as an apartment dweller. If you are a dog breed enthusiast, you may have known that the race of Irish Wolfhound was on the verge of extinction during the great famine of Ireland. But later, they were crossbred with other hound dogs, and these Irish Wolfhounds are thriving once again.
Modern Irish Wolfhounds are rough-coated, and their wiry fur helps them feel cozy in colder nights. Though Irish Wolfhounds require minimum maintenance, you can’t avoid buying a dog brush for it.
Best Dog Brushes for Irish Wolfhounds
Here are our dog brushes for Irish Wolfhound reviews.
This double-sided FURminator Firm Slicker Brush For Dogs provides your Irish Wolfhound a professionally styled look. The brush combines both the straight bristles and bent bristles. The dual flex design on the top part of the brush gently massages the body while following the contour.
- The anti-microbial quality of the dog brush keeps the germs away.
- The brush is mainly made of plastic material.
- The long handle of the brush checks the arms fatigue significantly.
This glossy black Andis Premium Large Firm Pet Slicker Brush makes the grooming experience fun and relaxing for Irish Wolfhounds. The flat brush and hundreds of pins straighten the coat and remove mats from the dog’s body. This high-quality dog brush features a comfortable handle to prevent the chance of slipping.
- This anti-slip brush reaches the deepest coat.
- This brush is specially engineered for large dogs who formulate enough mats.
- The wire bristles of the dog brush also clean the dust off its body.
The minimalistic design of this Safari Soft Slicker Brush for Dogs makes it one of the favorites of Irish Wolfhounds’ dog parents. This excellent grooming brush detangles all the knotted fur making the coat soft and fluffy. It is also effective in controlling shedding in hard-coated dogs.
- The pins are configured with top quality stainless steels.
- This lightweight dog brush is good for frequent use.
- By collecting the fur balls from the corners and furniture, the brush keeps the home fur-free.
This white and blue Four Paws Ultimate Touch Instant Mat & Tangle Remover promotes healthy skin and shiny fur to every Irish Wolfhound. The reversible quills of the dog brush reach corners of the dog’s body and gently brush the surrounding area of the wound. Pet groomers prefer this soft brush to others as dog owners of any breed can apply this brush on their dogs.
- The gentle application contributes to hair growth in dogs.
- The brush can be used on wet hair.
- The anti-slip handle of the dog brush is there for a firm and comfortable grip.
This black and yellow JW Pet Gripsoft Bristle Brush doesn’t look sophisticated only, and its excellent performance even wonders the vets. This oval-shaped dog brush can be applied to sensitive parts like face, paws, nose, and ears. Some dog owners use this brush as a massaging instrument, and because of this, your pet will look forward to its next grooming session.
- The brush distributes the natural oil all through its coat.
- For any fur type, the dog brush is apt.
- This model comes in a wide variety of shapes.
Dog Brushes For Irish Wolfhound Buyer’s Guide
Famed as wolf courser, Irish Wolfhounds boast of their strong build like a greyhound. Their exceptional, courageous nature helps them stand out from the rest of the hound group. Though these Irish Wolfhounds have an ancient origin, they know how to win their owner’s heart. Because of their gentle quality, these Irish Wolfhounds are gaining ground in modern American culture. To take care of these messy dogs and keep them in shape, once or twice a week brushing sessions is more than enough. Read the following tips to land on the right dog brush for your Irish Wolfhound.
Though there are ten to twelve different types of dog brushes available online, you won’t require all these types for rough-coated Irish Wolfhounds. In our opinion, a slicker brush, pin brush, and bristle brush would be good enough. Still, if you want to try other products, we recommend using a rake and a comb on your Irish Wolfhound. The advancement of science has familiarized us with a new type of grooming brush named the Glove brush. This glove brush lets your wolfhound feel the warmth of your fingers, enhancing the love between you two.
The coat is the most defining feature of a dog’s body, which differentiates it from other dogs of a similar breed. Maintaining your dog’s coat should be your prime concern, and this makes dog brush a necessity for grooming your Irish Wolfhound. If you want to buy a pin brush, make sure the pins are made of high tensile steel or any strong metal. For the bristle brush, the quills should be as soft as possible.
Apart from the dog handle, the dog brush doesn’t have any other additional features. Some dog brushes don’t even attach this handle to it. They believe that a finger grip is better than a handle. But there are some advantages to using a long and ergonomic dog handle. Apart from curbing the arms fatigue, the dog brush also lessens the dog’s body’s pressure. We suggest buying a flat brush over others because it covers more area than any other brush of different shapes.
We have put our best effort in bringing together all these dog samples and the buying guidelines. The rest is on you. Let us know in the comment below whether you have been benefited from these guidelines or not.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Wolfhounds
- Best Training Book for Irish Wolfhounds