Brushing also helps reduce shedding, which can control the allergens in your home! Because of your Labradors unique coat, it’s important to find the right brush. Here are our top picks.
Best Dog Brushes for Labrador Retrievers
Here are our Labrador Retriever dog brush reviews.
The Pet Neat removes up to 95% of shedding fur from your dog in minutes. This stainless steel comb quickly and efficiently by pressing the quick release button. The handle is environmentally sustainable and hypoallergenic.
- This tool is made with a 100 mm stainless steel blade.
- Pet Neat helps support a healthy, shiny pet coat that removes loose undercoat to remove excess fur.
- The sturdy, easy to grip handle is comfortable for the brusher!
The patented Wahl premium double-sided pin brush removes loose hair. This brush also stimulates the skin and adds to increased circulation and massage. This brush also helps distribute all the natural oils across your pet’s skin.
- The double sided design removes the top level fur and hair as well as gently removes loose hair.
- Routine brushes with WAHL keeps your pet’s hair clean and tangle-free and also stimulates blood flow.
- WAHL also prevents excess debris from building up and causing irritation on the skin.
Labradors do have a tendency to shed, so a powerful tool that eliminates excess fur and allergens in your air is a muc for Labradors. This large dog shedding tool is specifically designed for dogs of sies 51-90 pounds. FURminator has a long history of creating quality products to remove loose hair from your pets.
- The brush is made up of high-grade stainless steel.
- The FURejector button releases hair with ease.
- The ergonomic handle adds for extra comfort and ease.
Hertzko was designed to be the easiest to clean brush on the market. A simple push of the button retracts the brush and makes the fur extremely easy to use. Plus, the smooth bristles will soothe your Labrador’s sensitive skin.
- The bristles are fine bent wires designed to penetrate deep into the coat.
- Hertzko is designed to remove loose hair and to eliminate tangles.
- This brush has sensitive bristles that prevent scratching or causing injuries to your pet’s skin.
The Ruff ‘n Ruffus set set is made to bring comfort to you and your pet. Regular brushing with your Ruff ‘n Ruffus brush promotes healthy skin and spreads the natural oils across your pet’s skin. This brush can also help boost your pet’s circulation.
- This kit includes a slicker de-matting brush, stainless steel grooming comb and heavy-duty pet nail clippers.
- The stainless steel comb is perfect for finishing and fluffing.
- The self-cleaning slicker brush retracts and fur goes right into the trash.
Labrador Retriever Dog Brush Buyer’s Guide
Some breeds of dog, like the Labrador, require multiple grooming tools. However, the Labrador can make due with one or two different types of combs. Are you wondering what kind of tool you can buy for your Labrador that will help take care of most of his or her grooming needs? There are a few elements to consider; most brushes that are ideal for Labradors will have multiple uses. If you are wondering what kind of a brush you should consider for your Labrador, we suggest you look into brushes that offer these features:
It’s not a secret that Labradors shed; regular brushing can not only eliminate that excess fur and allergens around the house, but it can also keep your Labrador’s skin healthy. Look for brushes that are specifically made to help deshed your pet. In the spring, your house and your vacuum will thank us!
Brushes the under and outer coat
Labradors have two coats, a wiry outer layer and a softer inner layer. You want a brush or comb that can tackle both of these layers. A brush that reaches the inner, softer layer will provide a gentle massage to your pet and increase your pet’s blood flow. In addition, it will help distribute the natural oils on your pet’s skin across its body. This can also help prevent your dog from getting rashes or skin irritation.
While you want a brush that can de-shed your pet, it’s important that you don’t do anything that can cause it injury. Bristles that are protected by a rubber tip or have some element of safety will prevent injury to your pet’s skin. A scratch from a brush can get infected and cause greater stress to both you and your pet.
Because Labradors do shed, look for a brush that is self-cleaning. These brushes help catch loose hair and then the bristles retract inward. Then, you can just dispose of the loose hair without even using your hands to remove it from the brush! This will save you time and energy and will keep up the brush’s effectiveness.
As always, the brush should also be gentle on you! Look for brushes that have an ergonomic handle to prevent injury to your arms and wrist!
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Puppy Food for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Crate for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Bed for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Toys for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Labrador Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Labrador Retrievers