Norwegian Lundehunds are known to have a low maintenance double coat. The outer coat is short and rough with an insulating soft and dense undercoat. They shed moderately throughout the year and hence, do not require much grooming. Weekly brushing is enough to keep the coat in good condition.
A good quality brush must be used to keep the coat neat and clean. Looking for the best brush for your Norwegian Lundehund can be tedious, as there are countless options available in the market.
Best Dog Brushes for Norwegian Lundehunds
Here are our dog brushes for Norwegian Lundehunds reviews.
Hartz Groomer’s Best Combo Dog Brush is a dual-action brush that has two specialized sides. One has stainless steel pins that help in removal of loose hair as well as tangles, while the other one has nylon bristles that help in redistribution of the natural oils in your Norwegian Lundehund’s coat to restore shine and silkiness. Each pin has a safety tip so that the brush is soft on the skin.
- It is a 2-in-1 brush as it also massages your dog to keep it engaged and helps improve blood circulation.
- Features ergonomic handle to help prevent strain and fatigue of your Norwegian Lundehund.
- The nylon bristles stimulate natural oil production for a soft, healthy and shiny coat.
ConairPRO Dog Undercoat Rake is an ultimate tool for dogs with dense coats. Removing loose hair from the undercoat of your Norwegian Lundehund can be a tedious task. ConairPRO has short stainless steel pins that remove excess loose hair from the undercoat, thereby leaving a finished appearance.
- Removes maximum loose hair hence leaving fewer strays during shedding season.
- Easily removes bugs caught in the outer coat from playing outside.
- Features memory grip handles, providing you comfort and control during grooming sessions.
Petkin Bamboo Pin Dog Brush is a good choice for your agile Norwegian Lundehund as it features a soft-grip handle for better control. The stainless steel pins are delicate on the skin and are able to easily get rid of the tangled knots. The brush is specifically designed to massage and increase blood circulation while brushing.
- Features stainless steel pins that easily removes unwanted hair and stimulate the production of natural oil for a shiny coat.
- The rounded tips on the pins to give a massaging and comforting effect.
- The handle is soft-grip and adds control. Bamboo construction makes it durable.
Li’l Pals Dog Slicker Brush consists of flexible pins that detangle fur knots with complete ease. It efficiently helps in removal of loose hair and smoothening the dense coat of your Norwegian Lundehunds. Plastic coated bristles provide a massaging effect for your Norwegian Lundehund to enjoy the grooming session without any irritation.
- Features flexible pad pins that adjust to the body for complete efficiency.
- Regular brushing stimulates the natural oils’ production and evenly distributes them for a soft and shiny coat.
- The brush is 4.9 in. in length, ideal for a Norwegian Lundehund.
Frisco Slicker Dog Brush is self-cleaning. When the brush is all full of hair, just press the button to automatically push the fur out of the pins. This self-cleaning design makes grooming faster and easier as you do not need to clean the brush from time to time.
- Features stainless steel pins that are gentle on the skin and remove matted hair without irritating your Norwegian Lundehund.
- The handle has a comfortable and sturdy grip.
- It also removes the loose hair on the body that later shed around your house.
Dog Brush For Norwegian Lundehunds Buyer’s Guide
The double coat of a Norwegian Lundehund makes the grooming sessions difficult for the owners. The outer coat is short and rough, which results in tangled and matted hair. Removing loose hair from the undercoat is also quite troublesome. They also often return home with bugs on their outer coat. A brush that can help you with each of these troubles is the best choice for you.
We have taken time to do critical analysis to select the brushes that suit your needs the best. We have selected these few brushes on the basis of some salient features. This should help you in getting a better idea regarding the appropriate type of brush that you should be opting.
A slicker brush with stainless steel pins is best suited for Norwegian Lundehund as it can easily remove tangled and matted hair from the inner coat. The outer coat is easy to handle, so it is necessary that the brush is able to work on the inner coat as well efficiently.
Size is an essential factor to consider before buying a dog brush. Norwegian Lundehund is a small breed dog, so a large brush might not be able to reach the undercoat of certain curved parts of the body.
Also, dogs usually do not like grooming sessions and sometimes develop fear against the brush. A large brush might add on to this fear, and your pet might try to avoid its grooming sessions. So, a small or a medium-sized brush should be your preference.
The brush that you buy must have either coated or rounded pin tips so that it is gentle on the skin of your Norwegian Lundehund. Sharp bristles might harm the skin, so you must choose accordingly.
When looking for a brush for your dog, you only see features that benefit the dog. You must also look into features that are helpful for you as well. Brushes that are ergonomically designed and light in weight are a good choice.
Grip and Durability
The Norwegian Lundehund is an agile and energetic dog. It might sometimes become difficult to manage it, especially during grooming sessions.
A brush that is durable and has a firm grip at the same time is definitely the right one. Brushes with wooden or a rubber body have a better grip than the ones with a plastic body.
- Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- Best Dog Grooming Table
- Best Vacuum for Dog Hair
- Best Dog Bath Tubs
- Best Dog Brush
- Best Dog Hair Dryer
- Best Dog Grooming Gloves
- Best Dog Brushes for Long Hair
- Best Soft Bristle Dog Brush
- Best Wired Dog Brush
- Best Dog Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Puppy Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Crate for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Bed for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Toys for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Collar for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Harness for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Training Book for Norwegian Lundehunds